Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What am I doing wrong? Always fatigued

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Sorry just to add. You specifically mention not being able to push past 80kg which would suggest to me that lifting is your focus.

If so, then make it your focus. Scale back the cardio significantly as it is doing nothing for your lifting except sapping your energy.

Look carefully at your macros (proteins, fats and carbs) which you have done. Simple foods, no sugars or BS carbs. Ditch the white bread and refined carbs.

Breakfast: 60g oat porridge with 300ml milk, honey + cup of tea - 350kcal/18g protein.
    Snack: banana + coffee - i dont count calories/protein for this.
    Dinner: 3-4 potatos, 2 portion of veg, breaded chicken or something, some butter + glass of milk - 900-1000kcal/40g protein.
    This varies, some days Id have pasta, or curry, etc.

Snack: fulfill protein bar - 200kcal/20g protein.
    Protein shake: 2 scoops with 500ml water - 230kcal/50g protein
    Evening meal: 3 large eggs with brown bread + butter and orange juice - 580kcal/30g protein.
    Snack: Tea + biscuits - 300 calories/negligible protein.

I would look to vary your diet a good bit more:-

- fish (salmon, mackeral)
    - nuts (pecan & walnut) and berries
    - Greek yogurt (full fat)
    - honey and orange juice is bascially pure sugar and I would not be keen
    - sweet potato
    - beans & pulses, salads, olives, avocados- your diet is lacking in colour and it will increase your healthy fats

Aim for the phytonutrient spectrum i.e. aim to eat every colour every day in your diet.

Tea and coffee- does absolutely nothing for your lifting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Breakfast: 60g oat porridge with 300ml milk, honey + cup of tea - 350kcal/18g protein.
    Snack: banana + coffee - i dont count calories/protein for this.
    Dinner: 3-4 potatos, 2 portion of veg, breaded chicken or something, some butter + glass of milk - 900-1000kcal/40g protein.
    This varies, some days Id have pasta, or curry, etc.

Snack: fulfill protein bar - 200kcal/20g protein.
    Protein shake: 2 scoops with 500ml water - 230kcal/50g protein
    Evening meal: 3 large eggs with brown bread + butter and orange juice - 580kcal/30g protein.
    Snack: Tea + biscuits - 300 calories/negligible protein.

I would look to vary your diet a good bit more:-

- fish (salmon, mackeral)
    - nuts (pecan & walnut) and berries
    - Greek yogurt (full fat)
    - honey and orange juice is bascially pure sugar and I would not be keen
    - sweet potato
    - beans & pulses, salads, olives, avocados- your diet is lacking in colour and it will increase your healthy fats

Aim for the phytonutrient spectrum i.e. aim to eat every colour every day in your diet.

Tea and coffee- does absolutely nothing for your lifting.

Plenty will disagree with this. Caffeine and lifting is a marriage made in heaven!

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Plenty will disagree with this. Caffeine and lifting is a marriage made in heaven!

LOL...I will admit I am the biggest caffeine junky in the world for my running. 300mg before a race I'm all over it. No caffeine in the week leading up to a race for max effect. Caffeine does not make me a better or faster runner it just takes the initial edge off for the first few miles.

Yes I take your point and it takes to 'edge' off but in terms of pure building I am not sure it does anything in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Lay off the masturbation/sex dude (seriously)

This will increase testosterone and reduce fatigue. Get a full night a sleep. No screen time at night before bed.

This is simple stuff really

**** and sex doesn't decrease testosterone or else we'd all be ****ed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This will increase testosterone and reduce fatigue. Get a full night a sleep. No screen time at night before bed.

Sex and masturbation both increase your testosterone production.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Thanks lads. But as I mentioned above I've got this all sorted now and am working with a fantastic dietician.

I'm eating a lot more with better focus on carbs and essential fats I was missing out on. Also I'm upping my weight.

I'm deadlifting 120kg now and have made mad gains in the past month. I feel great.

No problems with my testosterone, got it checked.

Scaled back the cardio a fair bit but still doing it about 3 times a week on top of lifting 3-4 times a week.

I always ensure I get 2-3 days rest minimum per week.

fwiw I definitely had just turned my old routine into an exercise addiction. It wasn't one bit enjoyable.

Never felt better now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Brian? wrote: »
    Sex and masturbation both increase your testosterone production.

Yes.. that is why guys who **** a lot having weak girly voices and no muscles. Maybe OP is a serial masturbator.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. you will be surprised at the high levels of energy and strength if you abstain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yes.. that is why guys who **** a lot having weak girly voices and no muscles. Maybe OP is a serial masturbator.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. you will be surprised at the high levels of energy and strength if you abstain.

Sex and masturbation are one and the same for impacts on testosterone.

So men who have sex have weak girly voices and no muscles?

Seems legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Phillip876

I started to follow a plan very similar to yours, and I started to remain fatigued for the whole day. I increased my rest days and added quality nutrients in my diet, which helped me in staying focused on my work for the whole day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The low resting pulse can be a sign of low thyroid function. Your first stop should be a blood test.

This will increase testosterone and reduce fatigue.

This is exactly the type of bro science you should ignore.

Advertisement