Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NIO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bought 10 shares in NIO as my first time ever delving into shares, so just did a small amount to see what happened

Well that first purchase worked out well! Up 455%! Wish I had bought more then 10 now haha, miniscule amounts!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Bought 10 shares in NIO as my first time ever delving into shares, so just did a small amount to see what happened

Well that first purchase worked out well! Up 455%! Wish I had bought more then 10 now haha, miniscule amounts!

well done ... dont knock it ... give your self some credit for taking a risk ..

EVERYONE here regrets not buying more of their winners and less of their losers .

If your getting into trading Id recommend keeping a journal, write down your thoughts on stocks your are interested in and why. Among other things it will help you understand what are your strong points and weak points .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Chinese stocks taking a hammering today. This could well be a good point to jump in to Alibaba or JD.com or for a riskier venture NIO or JinkoSolar.

Another 80 shares bagged at sub 40$ across the last 2 days, anyone else buy the dip? Always a fear that I'm catching a falling knife but the momentum still nicely behind NIO for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Timmaay wrote: »
    .. Always a fear that I'm catching a falling knife....

So, is it, seize the day, or seize the knife?

He who dares Rodney, he who dares... ;)

Based on recent analysts price forcasts, you probably did fine, getting in under $40. However, don't be surprised to see it go below $40 again, from time to time....

Personally,

I like the sector, like the fact that the company is growing its sales, and like that it seems to be producing quality product.

For me, its a medium to long term play, with a modest amount invested, which I hope will do very well.

Thanks,

G.

good article here on NIO, XPEV and LI .. all China EV makers

https://www.barrons.com/articles/nio-xpeng-and-li-report-earnings-soon-heres-what-to-expect-51605104310

I exited NIO low 40s, happy with my double digit gains ...
    disappointed that I didnt play the China EV sector better though.. afaik XPENG and LI only caught up with NIO in the last 2 weeks, too much focus on NIO, much of it merited but the other 2 were screaming buys also. Another entry for the trading journal .

They are all lifting each other and probably will do again this week when they all report.
    Good luck to you NIOfers, NIOvians, NIOphytes.. whatever ye are called.

Have to say that was some call by the poster who started this thread and jumped in so early, legendary.... respect dude .. game knows game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

NIO hauling ass early again today, $46.64 at one point. (opened at $44.48)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

NIO hauling ass early again today, $46.64 at one point. (opened at $44.48)

50 by the end of day at this rate.

100% gain on my overall account for the year. Thank you NIO.

• Advertisement

Both NIO and XPEV have certainly stolen the spotlight from Tesla, of late.

NIOs market update after COB on 17th being the next important date on the calendar, so I'm expecting a little more uplift, prior to this.

Important to remember that unlike Tesla, both NIO and XPEV are still burning cash every day, even if their sales are increasing and the burn rate is slowing.

The battery swap concept seems a great idea, so I'm expectig that to spread across the EV market, assuming no one invents a significantly better battery, with faster charge times and much longer runs, in between charges etc.

Thanks,

G.

Going in again on NIO and LI, picked some up yesterday and also going heavier on CBAT (battery play who dont report till 17th)
    I like LI as its got a diesel motor plus EV.

Will watch out that NIO dropped red the day of earnings the last 3 quarters.

Anyone else think it a good idea to rename this thread, broaden its coverage include the likes of LI, TSLA, LAC, XPEV, BYD, CBAT ..etc

If OP agrees ' NIO & All Things EV '

It would be great to have a single thread where we play the EV market, including hydrogen and batteries, lithium mines etc. Rather than it getting lost in the general Share Tips thread.

NIU (fairly well established Chinese ev scooter company with decent enough fundamentals and still reasonably priced) being lifted nicely by this ev bubble, up to 36 today

Actually going back to NIO, I trade mostly on the Frankfurt exchange, N3IA in degiro, the big advantage here is Frankfurt is open from 7am until 7pm, so you get to trade all of the premarket and most of the NY session.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Actually going back to NIO, I trade mostly on the Frankfurt exchange, N3IA in degiro, the big advantage here is Frankfurt is open from 7am until 7pm, so you get to trade all of the premarket and most of the NY session.

now thats a very useful piece of information . thanks

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3636178-citron-says-take-profits-on-nio

Fcuking short selling pr1cks manipulating the price. Holding strong here, I'm definitely not getting out on this overreaction anyways.

RIGOLO wrote: »

If OP agrees ' NIO & All Things EV '

It would be great to have a single thread where we play the EV market, including hydrogen and batteries, lithium mines etc. Rather than it getting lost in the general Share Tips thread.

Personally, I would rather one thread per stock, keeps the conversation on topic, less confusion etc.

Just my 2 cents worth 😊

Thanks,

G.

NIO 'day' is in January , thats a note for the diary for anyone playing this medium term , when they will unveil new cars ...
    open to correction on that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

NIO 'day' is in January , thats a note for the diary for anyone playing this medium term , when they will unveil new cars ...
    open to correction on that.

Jan 9th, would expect a detailed plan to enter Europe aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Anybody got a hunch on Nio’s share price movement after it’s Q3 earnings report tomorrow? Currently at €38 per share, will the likes of citron be right after last Fridays short selling?

• Advertisement

Ixlandia wrote: »
    Anybody got a hunch on Nio’s share price movement after it’s Q3 earnings report tomorrow? Currently at €38 per share, will the likes of citron be right after last Fridays short selling?

3 of the last 4 quarters NIO has dropped after earnings , obviously these were all minor pullbacks as it went higher.
    Only once in the last 4 earnings has it jumped.
    NIO has also taken the top 2 placings in 'Insured EV Cars' in China in recent months.
    So I expect earnings to be great and I think this will also be a leg up earnings.
    We have had some consolidation around the 40-44 mark .

but why am I posting this information that I learned during the hours I spend researching, I ask myself, theres alot of dicks around here questioning 'a certain posters' honesty.... mmmm Im going to give that some thought as I walk my daughter to school .

I expect NIO to retest the 54 level post earnings.
    They will be reporting numbers on BAAS, battery as a service, this is fee paying and if they report big numbers for number of swaps done thats a positive catalyst.
    I also expect good numbers on pre-orders for higher powered batterys and also development news on even more powerful batteries.
    If they give guidance on manufacturing then this will also add 3-4$. Currently they outsource manufacturing but if they bring it in house or announce their own factory then we have lift off.
    TSLA added to S&P and on the up, all EVs are hot, ride them until the battery runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I expect NIO to retest the 54 level post earnings.
    They will be reporting numbers on BAAS, battery as a service, this is fee paying and if they report big numbers for number of swaps done thats a positive catalyst.
    I also expect good numbers on pre-orders for higher powered batterys and also development news on even more powerful batteries.
    If they give guidance on manufacturing then this will also add 3-4$. Currently they outsource manufacturing but if they bring it in house or announce their own factory then we have lift off.
    TSLA added to S&P and on the up, all EVs are hot, ride them until the battery runs out.

I have quantum scape, Nio, FSR. I had tesla and Xpev but sold tesla (battery day play) and sold xpev way too early.

Nio hit over 5k cars a month so i think earnings will be decent on top of all the service side of the business.

150kw battery should be talked about as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭p to the e

Kandi (KNDI) shot up 20% today on word that buyers in Texas can get a tax rebate on their models.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/kandi-america-electric-vehicles-eligible-153200551.html

https://www.investors.com/news/nio-stock-nio-earnings-q3-2020-after-li-auto-xpeng-mixed/

Decent earnings beat, which I guess isn't hugely surprising given the record q3 deliveries. Hard to know what to expect of the share price in the immediate future, for a fair few companies the share price dropped off immediately after good q3 earnings got announced, it was priced in already, which could well be true with NIO which has largely been parabolic the last few weeks. The rubbish Citroen report has largely been discreded by now, but the 54$ peak on Friday was purely on hype and nothing else.

For me I haven't bought any shares over 40$, it was just too extended above that, I'll see how it goes across the next few weeks, and loosely aim to buy the dips in the low 40s assuming nothing wild happens it across next day or so ha. Nov delivered figures the next significant cataylst I'd say, and I think it will be strong in the runup to xmas and early January in anticipation of NIO day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Highlights from $Nio earnings
    - 3.3b cash on hand
    - Europe expansion in 2nd half of 2021
    - 140M in regulatory credits in Q4
    - Regulatory credits will double in 2021
    - Entering sedan market with 2 sedans
    - Production capacity expansion costs will be absorbed by JAC
    - Tesla price cuts doesn't effect anything.
    - 146% sales increase year over year
    - New 100kW battery
    - 17k estimated deliveries for Q4

Buy the dip lol.

dont mean to hijack NIo thread, but this is EV related ,
    nice review of the XPENG P7 ,

I'd consider xpeng stock wayyy too extended at the minute and wide open to a citron short report attack etc. NIO however consolidated nicely enough and hopefully going to drive on comfortably back into 50$. And yep we might as well just make a new EV stock superthread here lol.

• Advertisement

Ah come on guys...

Start a different thread for different stock please....

It's not difficult and long term, it'll help the discussion on all topics

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement