Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Has anyone tried Upside?
    Pricing looks competitive
    https://www.upsidecoffee.com/

Quality coffee. The Ethiopia Kochere Debo is a great coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Bought a bag of Tiger Stripes from Adams and Russel - shipped today so might have tomorrow, but likely early next week.

Does anyone know which carrier the Adams & russell beans are delivered by - is it an post? It is so much easier for me as I can pick it up from the mail centre if I am not at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Yes, It's An Post - at least my order was. It was sent via Royal Mail so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Upside Coffee

no subscription option is putting me off
    Jamie here from Upside Coffee Roasters. Always good to hear ways we can improve our online store! We are working on an update to our site, (should be ready in early summer this year) after which we will have a range of different subscription options available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Upside Coffee

I'm just looking for a one off order of a few bags and they do free delivery over 35 euro, but not much info on roast dates etc. From what I can see which of putting me off!
    Hi! We roast our coffees in weekly batches, so 99% of cases, the coffee is less than a week from roast date when it is delivered to our customers. As we mentioned in a reply above, we are working on improving our website. We will certainly take your suggestion on board, and make it clear on our website that we're sending out fresh coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

@Upside Coffee

We do not permit businesses to sign up "regular" accounts on Boards. Please contact hello@boards.ie if you wish to discuss options, including obtaining verified representative status. In the meantime do not post again on this site

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

To change things up for a bit I ordered some Suarez Columbia from Rave rather than my usual local medium roast blend. I've dialled it in and am getting exactly a 60ml double after 29 seconds but I'm getting very little crema compared to my usual blend. The beans were roasted on the 24th April so should be perfect.

I have an unopened bag of this, although a little older as I get through the 1kg of their espresso blend I'm getting through. I got some at end of Feb and enjoyed it.

I'll open this morning and feedback. I usually aim for 18g in, 36g out in 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Roasted 5th April. Have had an espresso and Americano and certainly enjoy this one.

I tend to end up buying about 1.5kg of coffee from them to get the free UK shipping - orders >£25 (parcel motel) but is really more coffee than I drink in a month. I think OH drinks instant just to spite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Does anyone know which carrier the Adams & russell beans are delivered by - is it an post? It is so much easier for me as I can pick it up from the mail centre if I am not at home.

Mine arrived via DPD today for what it's worth.

Cracked open the Tiger Stripes - still dialing in the the shot, but what I've pulled so far has been really lovely already. Came to £30 in total for 2 kg, which is great value. Only thing is that there's no roast date on the bag. There is an expiry date, which is 02/05/2020, which I'd take to possibly mean that the roast date was a 5 days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Zagato wrote: »
    Roasted 5th April. Have had an espresso and Americano and certainly enjoy this one.

I tend to end up buying about 1.5kg of coffee from them to get the free UK shipping - orders >£25 (parcel motel) but is really more coffee than I drink in a month. I think OH drinks instant just to spite me.

Definitely grounds for divorce:)
    Excuse the pun;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

I've just signed up to https://indycoffeebox.co.uk/ for the 3 bags/month package. Should work out around 10-11euro per bag. Havent got anything yet.

Apart from that, in the past year I've ordered coffee from Roasted Brown, Upside, Boabab, Bell Lane and Bailies. All have been great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Any good deals out there at the moment?

can anyone tell me the name of that coffee that gets good reviews, supposed to be a sweetshop flavour or something like, could be making it up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That would be sweetshop espresso from square mile in London

https://shop.squaremilecoffee.com/products/sweet-shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

That's the one!

Thanks

Any good deals out there at the moment?

can anyone tell me the name of that coffee that gets good reviews, supposed to be a sweetshop flavour or something like, could be making it up!

I think Bell Lane still have 20% off their single origins FLASHSALE20 (I think!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

https://www.essencecoffee.ie/

Came across this over the weekend. Anyone used these guys before? Based in Meath

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

adrian522 wrote: »
    That would be sweetshop espresso from square mile in London

https://shop.squaremilecoffee.com/products/sweet-shop

This a good sub option? Good coffee?

Getting a pain off Bailies not replying to emails trying to find out when my sub is up?

When I log in to their site.......it never tells you when your sub is approaching it's end or anything.
    Their price and coffee is good but customer care leaves a bit to be desired imo. Been with them on and off since 2104.
    Maybe time to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I've been buying from hasbean, and more recent, foundry, quite a bit.

Coffee from both has been excellent, and I use parcel motel or similar to reduce postage costs.

Worth a look

Just pulled the trigger on Square Mile......rolling monthly sub so I can pull out whenever.
    Give it a spin.

Planet X wrote: »
    This a good sub option? Good coffee?

Getting a pain off Bailies not replying to emails trying to find out when my sub is up?

When I log in to their site.......it never tells you when your sub is approaching it's end or anything.
    Their price and coffee is good but customer care leaves a bit to be desired imo. Been with them on and off since 2104.
    Maybe time to change.

Ah..........Bailies reply at last to my two emails.

4 days later .........albeit including Saturday and Sunday.

I've flown...............wouldn't think it'd bother them too much though.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Signed up for the Bailies sub recently myself. Is the square mil sub not very expensive with shipping?

£1.50 per 350gr. bag.
    Not too bad.

Planet X wrote: »
    £1.50 per 350gr. bag.
    Not too bad.

Is that to Ireland or is there a parcel motel fee on top?

That’s for all Europe. Directly to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Signed up for the Bailies sub recently myself. Is the square mil sub not very expensive with shipping?

Keep an eye on roasting dates.

I'd gotten bags that were heading for 3 weeks past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

can you link please - cant find a square mil reference:

limnam wrote: »
    Keep an eye on roasting dates.

I'd gotten bags that were heading for 3 weeks past.

Square mile? That's poor considering the pricing there imo

Square mile? That's poor considering the pricing there imo

Nope Bailies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

limnam wrote: »
    Nope Bailies

I’ve bought a Bailies sub for two years now on a Black Friday deal for peanuts.

One espresso sub and one filter sub.

Great coffee.

• Advertisement

I’ve bought a Bailies sub for two years now on a Black Friday deal for peanuts.

One espresso sub and one filter sub.

Great coffee.

Never stated otherwise.

Advertisement