Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on Ryanair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Katawalah

Hi there,
    I've been following this thread for a few week, and I'm now taking the plunge as I also believe there's a window now with Ryanair.
    Apologies for the beginner's question, I see that Ryanair is trading on several exchanges : IRL, LSE, FRA, NDQ and XET.
    Which one would you recommend to buy RY shares at? I understood the fees are different depending on the exchange, but is there currency exposure as well? Are there any other factors to consider?

EDIT :
    Just did a bit of research on Degiro's fee structure. It seems cheaper to trade on the NDQ (but with $ currency exposure). Second is to trade on the IRL, a bit more expensive, but keeping the same currency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

How long can she go... how low... indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I thought I got a bargain at 11.88 this morning, it's at 11.49 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

canonball5 wrote: »

People were buying at 14 recently because they missed out on 13 despite it being fairly obvious that it was a temporary rally.

You did well. Finding the ultimate bottom point will always be impossible but with both forecasts and share price down 12% I would say we are thereabouts.

High 10s or early 11s are possible but that doesn't mean you got a bad deal and at this price point I'd consider what you missed out on as insurance on a killer deal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Me too...tempted to buy again as it keeps sliding but don't want to overload on any particular share no matter how good it appears.

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Me too...tempted to buy again as it keeps sliding but don't want to overload on any particular share no matter how good it appears.

Agreed. Be cautious on this being the first wave of forecast adjustments if you are looking for a quick win. Long term this is a bet that can't lose if you have the liquidity and patience. They have low to nil visibility on how winter will play out and there will surely be further adjustments.

And I fear they have massively underestimated laudamotion costs.

As it stands this is a dysfunctional business but one with better than average prospects

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

People were buying at 14 recently because they missed out on 13 despite it being fairly obvious that it was a temporary rally.

You did well. Finding the ultimate bottom point will always be impossible but with both forecasts and share price down 12% I would say we are thereabouts.

High 10s or early 11s are possible but that doesn't mean you got a bad deal and at this price point I'd consider what you missed out on as insurance on a killer deal

Well I also bought in at 14 at the end of August too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

Just bought more at 11.40

Well I also bought in at 14 at the end of August too :o

Keep in mind that it's massively undervalued and the swiftness of these losses will be corrected (although perhaps medium rather than short term)

While the stock market jitters at news like today's , it also gets a hard on over positive non events like it did a month ago and there will be plenty of positive to come. May / June next year and your €14 will look like a good buy (in my unqualified opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Katawalah

Bought some this morning at 11.13.
    Still going down, now at 11.09.
    At this stage, it may break below 11€ today.
    Last time it was that low was in June 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MurDawg

There are rumours of a big announcement on the 11th of October, MOL impending retirement?

But in an order at 10.50, i fully expect to pick them up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

will try to get in €11 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Just had a look at the 1 year share price graph. It's actually very poor and looking like the proverbial falling knife. Mid 11's should be support. If it doesn't bounce off that by a couple of euro shortly it might be worth sitting this out. the trend is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

MurDawg wrote: »
    There are rumours of a big announcement on the 11th of October, MOL impending retirement?

Did he not just say recently he would stay beyond 2019?

Oct 11th interline announcement perhaps? They have been working at it for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Really is turning into a bit of an unknown now. I got a few in the summer around the €14 mark and again this week at €11.60, happy to hold onto them for the long term.

Curious as to what Oct 11th brings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭cute geoge

But in an order at 10.50, i fully expect to pick them up too.

I am thinking you might have missed the boat!!!

Picked up a small parcel at 11.15

MurDawg wrote: »

Any more on this? I haven't seen anything, they seem to be creeping back up now. I'm tempted to squeeze a bit more out of savings and into these - I usually keep my savings separate and speculate with spare cash

• Advertisement

Don't see any announcement today. Did I miss it?

Don't see any announcement today. Did I miss it?

Patter around new routes

Saw that... but is that it? Meh.
    Patter around new routes

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rebelArt2018

Guys, would anyone have a moment to advise what is the first step to invest in some shares? Real beginner here, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

Guys, would anyone have a moment to advise what is the first step to invest in some shares? Real beginner here, thanks

Open a demo account with Interactive brokers. And play around. access to everything from options to cfd, bonds, everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rebelArt2018

many thanks, really appreciated!

Had a great ride today and then finished the day below what it was yesterday. Looking good though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Reckon that all the downside of a no deal Brexit is priced into Ryanair's share price already? That any kind of deal/good news will result in a big jump in the share price?

Reckon that all the downside of a no deal Brexit is priced into Ryanair's share price already? That any kind of deal/good news will result in a big jump in the share price?
    A no deal Brexit definetly isn’t priced in , the reaction to the proposed deal about a week ago led to the stock dropping about 10% along with many other stocks exposed to brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

No way is it priced in.

Stock will go under 10 if there is no deal. Its an expensive stock.

Advertisement