Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freshly roasted coffee beans online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

My old workplace used to have Cloudpicker in one of the outlets in the building, but they changed to W&W, and the quality of the coffee shot down.

I'm fairly sure it's a white label coffee with some sleek branding

Edit

Yeah look here

https://findlaterandco.com/coffee/

same place as Lavazza and Robt Roberts

I'd personally avoid as I prefer supporting actual indie roasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Will be heading to cloudpicker for a trip today - pick up a bag of something, tried HENRY and SAM so will see what else they have

Handy having their roastery up the road.

if they have anything chinese try that

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Sipping Cloudpicker Frinsa Estate since last week and it is a beautiful cup. Another fermentation experimental coffee and it is beautiful through the v60 and the wave. Like the Banka it has a lot of tea-like notes imo. Worth the €14 if you're into funky pour overs.

Talguetler wrote: »
    Sipping Cloudpicker Frinsa Estate since last week and it is a beautiful cup. Another fermentation experimental coffee and it is beautiful through the v60 and the wave. Like the Banka it has a lot of tea-like notes imo. Worth the €14 if you're into funky pour overs.

Been doing espresso mostly but literally just got a supply of chemex filters yesterday so will break that back out.

Might go back to pour over for a bit, or more likely run both - getting a lot of caffeine these days haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Let me know what you think

Had the Cheeky Monkey this morning.

It was lovely I have to say.

Not as rich as AOC's Smooth which is the big daddy for me these days, but lovely all the same.

I got a bag of Arawyn's Dream as well. So will give that a whirl over the weekend.

Anyway, it's a thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭caviardreams

West Cork Coffee - 20% off their latest bean - good offer! https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/josue

20% code; Morales
    .. until 23;59 Sunday

GUATEMALA
    JOSUÉ MORALES

VILLA SARCHI
    1500 masl

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Will be heading to cloudpicker for a trip today - pick up a bag of something, tried HENRY and SAM so will see what else they have

Handy having their roastery up the road.

The MAM single origin is lovely for espresso machine too. I think it is used to blend both HENRY and SAM blends.

Just ordered some Coffee Angel Forsa Gala for a change.

Any recommendations for a decent decaf blend?

I've heard 3Fe is good but not tried it yet myself https://shop.3fe.com/product/colombia-la-estrella-decaf-washed-caturra

Didn't really like the Coffee Angel one or the Art of Coffee Peruvian decaf, ut I'm using a clever dripper so they might be great for espresso. It seems tricky to find something where you don't get that bitterness. Maybe I just need to give in and use some milk and sugar :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The good bean

The good bean

They don't seem to have the decaf on their website :-(

They don't seem to have the decaf on their website :-(

A time for bed it’s called, or something like that

Came across a small batch roastery from Donegal - Shack coffee
    https://shackcoffee.ie/shop/

Free shipping over €50 or else €7 which is a bit steep!

Came across a small batch roastery from Donegal - Shack coffee
    https://shackcoffee.ie/shop/

Free shipping over €50 or else €7 which is a bit steep!

Looks like they only do 250g bags with no discount for more than one. Very expensive. €37.80 for 1kg plus €7 shipping, ouch!

I've heard 3Fe is good but not tried it yet myself https://shop.3fe.com/product/colombia-la-estrella-decaf-washed-caturra

Didn't really like the Coffee Angel one or the Art of Coffee Peruvian decaf, ut I'm using a clever dripper so they might be great for espresso. It seems tricky to find something where you don't get that bitterness. Maybe I just need to give in and use some milk and sugar :eek::eek:
    The good bean

Grand.

I only got a good bean order last week.

Need to get more AOC Smooth, so I'll likely get it from them next week. Cheers.

@Caviar, it'll be made into americanos or cappuccinos so should be okay.

anyone get the Imbibe email this month? The Ethiopian in particular sounds very intriguing
    The Ethiopian is our second microlot from The Worka Wuri mill. We've seen this coffee offered at €25 from some roasters around Europe. It's rare and it's premium but we're offering it at over 20% less. From what we can gather (the producers were very secretive), banana process is similar to natural anaerobic fermentation but with the addition of banana slices which add sweet flavours to the coffee. We think it's stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TheCKid

anyone get the Imbibe email this month? The Ethiopian in particular sounds very intriguing

Yeah, I've been sucked in again. The early heads up email to build hype/interest is incredibly effective in marketing it to me!

Looking forward to trying both as I don't really drink Brazilian coffees so will be nice try something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yup I have no need for it at the moment with a couple kilos of beans in the freezer but they convinced me anyways with the tasting notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Have bought from their coffee club before and also just off the site and have been disappointed compared to cheaper beans from other roasters.
    Kind of showed me that what the experts consider to be really good coffee may not be great for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Anything particularly good, or any deals going, from the Irish roasters at the minute?

Just finished since lovely natural Honduran from Bailies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Dreambeans are doing four bags for price of three and you can use 15CLUB discount code too for further 15% off (if it's your "first" order)

G rock wrote: »
    Anything particularly good, or any deals going, from the Irish roasters at the minute?

Just finished since lovely natural Honduran from Bailies.

The good bean have very reasonable prices

20% off the new WCC bean, Kewo, until midnight tonight:
    Twenty % code: KEWO
    .. until 23:59 Sunday.

ETHIOPIA 🇪🇹
    KEWO - G1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Thanks for the suggestions.

Went with the WCC, along with a bag of the Ugandan.

Both sound right up my street

• Advertisement

G rock wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Went with the WCC, along with a bag of the Ugandan.

Both sound right up my street

Rule of the coffee forum: if you use a discount code that somebody posts or a tip, you need to report back on how the coffee was :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Hey guys, recently bought a cheap and cheerful Swan espresso machine from lidl. I bought the grinder but haven't the foggiest idea where to start coffee wise.

Can anybody recommend something strong to give a lad a good wake up in the morning. Now I would be adding a wee bit of foamy milk to the top of it. Have tried a COSTA pre grinded pack, a few of the Marley Coffee company beans but nothing really hitting the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭VM Varga

West Cork Coffee - 20% off their latest bean - good offer! https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/josue

20% code; Morales
    .. until 23;59 Sunday

GUATEMALA
    JOSUÉ MORALES

VILLA SARCHI
    1500 masl

Thanks. Really enjoying it in the Delonghi Esam.

VM Varga wrote: »
    Thanks. Really enjoying it in the Delonghi Esam.

They often do codes on Sundays on Instagram so keep an eye out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭fits

piplip87 wrote: »
    Hey guys, recently bought a cheap and cheerful Swan espresso machine from lidl. I bought the grinder but haven't the foggiest idea where to start coffee wise.

Can anybody recommend something strong to give a lad a good wake up in the morning. Now I would be adding a wee bit of foamy milk to the top of it. Have tried a COSTA pre grinded pack, a few of the Marley Coffee company beans but nothing really hitting the spot.

I keep going back to The Art of Coffee. Fusion blend.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    I keep going back to The Art of Coffee. Fusion blend.

Yep, exactly the same. I try others to mix it up but always go back

I am running Formation blend from cloudpicker right now - very good in milk based in my opinion.

Big discount at the good bean on all stock
    Discount code “20%off!”

www.goodbeancoffee.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Discount code “20%off!”

www.goodbeancoffee.ie

I've tried that code and a couple of other permutations with no success?

I’ll ask them. One sec

Discount code “20%off!”

www.goodbeancoffee.ie

Great offer thanks - just ordered a few bags! Pity they don't do the decaf online.

Code worked for me - just take the quotes off.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Worked for me. Running low, so good timing.

I've tried 20%off!
    20%off
    20%OFF
    And 20% off
    No joy!
    I was buying 1 920g bag and qualified for free shipping, thought maybe I'd need to buy 2 for free shipping and discount but no joy! I guess it ain't to be !!

if you're using an entry-level machine and more importantly same with grinder it's more than a bit of a waste buying the freshest of the freshly roasted beans as you're just not going to be getting anywhere near the most out of them, ESPECIALLY in espresso grind, particularly more subtle blends

decent espresso grinders cost a bit (few hundred for a reasonable one) and go into the thousands for really good ones.

similar for an entry-level espresso machine

by all means go ahead but try also these sort of beans (buy min 4 kg for postage efficiency) to compare - they are good and hugely cheaper and work better in lower-end hardware

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07W59G4PV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07CGXZMT3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and / or try https://www.discountcoffee.ie/coffee/coffee-beans/sample-beans

samples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭Glebee

Great offer thanks - just ordered a few bags! Pity they don't do the decaf online.

Code worked for me - just take the quotes off.

Cant get free shipping if I use the code....

• Advertisement

They’re on Instagram too if you’d like to contact them directly. They’re very helpful

Ok the decaf should be available shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Not working for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

It worked for me but that then deactivated the free shipping (had two bags in cart). Either it’s an unintended error or a case of “giveth with one hand...” 🙂

It worked for me but that then deactivated the free shipping (had two bags in cart). Either it’s an unintended error or a case of “giveth with one hand...” 🙂

I doubt it. Contact them on Instagram

I am running Formation blend from cloudpicker right now - very good in milk based in my opinion.

Not affiliated with Cloud Picker but the Formation blend is making the nicest Cappuccinos I have had from my SAGE BE.

19.5g Dose, 39g out (The BE has an 18g basket for reference). Easy dial in.

The missus is not a coffee fan but has enjoyed a few with this blend, great chocolate/caramel flavour.

I collect from Roastery in Crumlin (Roast date within last 2 days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I've tried 20%off!
    20%off
    20%OFF
    And 20% off
    No joy!
    I was buying 1 920g bag and qualified for free shipping, thought maybe I'd need to buy 2 for free shipping and discount but no joy! I guess it ain't to be !!

You are missing the exclamation mark I made the same mistake

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I had free shipping offered with the code.

NATLOR wrote: »
    You are missing the exclamation mark I made the same mistake

The first attempt I made had the ! , I tried it again now succesfully thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Coffee club got delivered Monday, roast date of the 14th so cracked open the Ethiopian today.

It's bloody fantastic. Nicer than some of the gesha's I've gotten off them before.

Advertisement