Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-04-2011, 01:06   #16
tippspur

I'm sure the people living on the quays will be glad of the new wall if it keeps the flood waters out of there houses and shops
Advertisement
23-04-2011, 17:07   #17
UpTheSlashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippspur View Post
Don't think so,I think they just made alterations to the place cos there now selling the whole range of new Tipp gear and merchandise,whatever you could buy in the Tipp shop in Thurles can now be got in MK Sports.Eoin(God)Kelly is supposed to be opening it on Saturday from what I hear.
Good idea for him to focus on GAA stuff with the 3 other sports shops in town. Might go in for a look next week.
23-04-2011, 19:33   #18
cml387

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippspur View Post
I'm sure the people living on the quays will be glad of the new wall if it keeps the flood waters out of there houses and shops

There's a lot to regret in the flood relief works,even though I fully understand
why it's being done.

The river is now invisible from anyone driving (or in my case cycling) down the quays.
Lady Blessington's bath no longer looks the same with huge earthworks and concrete all around.
Thanks from:
23-04-2011, 21:59   #19
tippspur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cml387 View Post
There's a lot to regret in the flood relief works,even though I fully understand
why it's being done.

The river is now invisible from anyone driving (or in my case cycling) down the quays.
Lady Blessington's bath no longer looks the same with huge earthworks and concrete all around.
I know what your saying,It is a pity that the river can't be seen anymore and all you see now is a stone wall.
24-04-2011, 12:18   #20

Someone in Clonmel told me woodies will close. is it true?
Advertisement
24-04-2011, 12:42   #21

I heard that about a month ago,and that the whole shopping centre there was in trouble.It could be just rumour.I remember last year reading that many pubs in Clonmel would close.I see present time in Market street centre has a closing down sale.Rates killing business all over.They keep saying small business is the the way back,but rents and rates are killing those who try.I hope the Woodies thing is not true.
24-04-2011, 19:40   #22
cml387

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT100 View Post
I heard that about a month ago,and that the whole shopping centre there was in trouble.It could be just rumour.I remember last year reading that many pubs in Clonmel would close.I see present time in Market street centre has a closing down sale.Rates killing business all over.They keep saying small business is the the way back,but rents and rates are killing those who try.I hope the Woodies thing is not true.

I believe the developers of the centre are titsup.com.
I haven't heard anything about Woodies or the other tenants
27-04-2011, 11:23   #23
ReacherCreature

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT100 View Post
Yup heard that about Present Time. It's there years but the rates just to have the grounds are crippling the shop. It's going to close soon.
27-04-2011, 14:07   #24
pooch90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReacherCreature View Post
Yup heard that about Present Time. It's there years but the rates just to have the grounds are crippling the shop. It's going to close soon.
AFAIK It closed on Saturday....
Advertisement
28-04-2011, 23:10   #25
archtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch90 View Post
AFAIK It closed on Saturday....
shame about present time closing, I worked on the design of that shop back in 1995/1996. I know the shop was up for sale a couple of years ago.

As regards woodies and the poppyfields, the developers behind it had a falling out. I would be very surprised if woodies was to close, unless the Grafton Group (owners of Woodies) got into serious trouble, unless they bought he unit outright. I have noticed the aisles getting wider and the shelving slightly lower, so they are certainly now doing anything like they used to.
28-04-2011, 23:20   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by archtech View Post
. I have noticed the aisles getting wider and the shelving slightly lower, so they are certainly now doing anything like they used to.
what do you mean?
28-04-2011, 23:34   #27

I think he meant to type that they're not doing any business like they used to.
28-04-2011, 23:36   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremelo View Post
I think he meant to type that they're not doing any business like they used to.
ok in woodies or the whole centre?
28-04-2011, 23:41   #29

I think he meant Woodies.I have heard Slattery's are not doing much business either.
29-04-2011, 08:15   #30
cml387

While I'm in a curious frame of mind;

what's the story with the partly developed "apartment " complex at the old bridge (we're talking the building across the road from the properly developed apartment block)?
It's a complete eyesore with a mass of electric cables erupting from a hole in the front (must get a photograph).

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion