Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Localized strong wind threats on Wednesday (1st) and overnight (1st-2nd March)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cottage shaking in the gusts here now and loud deluges. West Connemara 400 asl ... a windy spot they say locally

• Registered Users Posts: 10,079 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

8pm.

Kinsale energy gusting 64 knots(118km/h).
    Mace head gusting 53 knots.
    Roaches point 52 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Any regular snow expected on high ground after the graupel?

Thinking of Wicklow mountains in particular - did they or will they get graupel?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Wind has picked up here in the last 20 mins, nothing out of the ordinary, East Galway.
    At least it's not bin night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

As per usual, any percip worth its weight is going either north or south of me. Anyone in North Clare/South Galway? Looks like quite a deluge there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

heavy\rain sleet here on galway\clare border, i'd imagine it's snowing further inland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

This is live view of my bird feeders in D16.
    all hanging by string so a good wind strength gauge.
    Im seeing a few floaty bits of precip so sleety!

Oh, the audio is dublin airport op's / all marine channels also , so can get interesting at times.
    You will get all the coastguard weather alerts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Wind has picked up here in the last 20 mins, nothing out of the ordinary, East Galway.
    At least it's not bin night.

Just an ordinary light breeze here (8 knot mean) Connemara clearly has a completely different climate to us!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Just an ordinary light breeze here (8 knot mean) Connemara clearly has a completely different climate to us!

I'm in south west Connemara facing onto Galway Bay, bit gusty out alright but nothing noteworthy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Good evening all. Long time no see. Nice to see so many familiar names still about 😊. It's cold but calm so far in my neck of the woods (Sligo).

• Advertisement

wet and extremely windy here in Castlebar. heavy persistent rain with some very strong sustained winds and higher gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Gusts have picked up a bit now, a little bit of window flexing has started (that's the scale I use).

9pm,
    Kinsale gusting 61 knots.
    Mace head 51 knots.

(Newport in Mayo gusting 42 knots.Knock 40 knots,meanwhile just up the road the low pressure is in over Belmullet,almost calm at 8 knots)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

A couple of window flexers during the heavier rain, with any luck it will move the trampoline back to where it was before Doris.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Some very serious gusts of wind in Galway in the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Gust of 74 km/h here near Tralee just now, big convective gusts and hail showers.

Big gust just blew the roof of the chicken coop ... Managed to get it back on with a few rocks on top

I do have 6 hens now who are in need of counseling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wind rising now a bit ok. My god that's awful news in Limerick.

10pm

Kinsale gusting 63 knots.
    Mace head 55 Knots.
    Newport 45 Knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Mix of rain, sleet and wet snow (heavier bursts) here in south Laois at 89m elevation.

2.4c/0.9cDP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

weisses wrote: »
    Big gust just blew the roof of the chicken coop ... Managed to get it back on with a few rocks on top

I do have 6 hens now who are in need of counseling

Got very windy this evening near Tralee, Just before 22.00 got the highest gust today of 77.2 km/h ( anemometer about 7m above ground level ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Trampoline blown over out the back just now in north laois, it didn't happen when Doris paid a visit !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

careful now, or you'll have the 'here' brigade after you.

Think the user name gives it away!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Mech1 wrote: »

This is live view of my bird feeders in D16.
    all hanging by string so a good wind strength gauge.
    Im seeing a few floaty bits of precip so sleety!

Oh, the audio is dublin airport op's / all marine channels also , so can get interesting at times.
    You will get all the coastguard weather alerts etc.

Have a live stream on youtube myself. Just wondering what webcam/ip cam your using? Quality is pretty good.

The ARPEGE 18z rolling out. Showing not as windy as the earlier run perhaps for Galway in the early hours, but still quite windy IMO. Clare looks to be getting some strong wind for a couple of hours after midnight.

t5x9fsR.png

U4etfDe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'll let ye know whats missing in the morning!

2301 met update for tomorrow

Thursday: Scattered showers in the morning but many areas dry with some sunny spells. Showers will become more widespread during the day and will turn wintry again with some heavy precipitation likely and possibly causing some disruption.
    A cold day with temperatures at best 4 to 9 degrees in moderate southerly winds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

highdef wrote:
    Not good news

That's terrible news, I remember driving in similar conditions one day and I literally had to pull the car in and stop blind whilst hoping for the best.

• Advertisement

11pm

Kinsale still very windy and has been all evening, gusting 64 knots(73 MPH) at 11pm.
    Mace head gusting 55 Knots.

winds at other stations beginning to fall back a little.(nothing out of the ordinary in the 11pm TAF's apart from tomorrow turning into a very wet afternoon/evening)

Advertisement