Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman sleeps with man. Man cuts off contact. Woman blames Tinder.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Stranger Danger

Christy42 wrote: »
    Surely he has the right to remove consent to going out with her without being seen as a villian.

No, unfortunately not.

Men must have 'intentions' and these are to remain constant throughout. Any change in a man's intentions mean he is, by definition, a 'bastard'.

Women on the other hand are allowed 'feelings'. These can change on an almost daily basis without any repercussions - for the woman at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think Motörhead said it best. The chase is better than the catch ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Man utilises tools at his disposal to get casual sex by deception. Stop the presses. Only been going on for 12,000 years.....

I must admit I do love the phrase 'drop the mic', I'm having that.

*boom*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zillah wrote: »
    There's no harm having a conversation at this level about dating apps and how it has affected how people get together etc.

What is drawing all of the ridicule is that the article and headline are phrased as if this specific event in question is breaking news of national importance.

Absolutely. As a wider piece about online and offline dating and how people interact with each and can see people as disposable that story could play a part in exploring a wider issue. But as it stands it's a narrow story from a women who slept with a guy which is being presented as a news story.

The fact that she felt the need to go on the national airwaves and tell everyone about it as some kind of 'warning' speaks all kinds of things to her naivete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Absolutely. As a wider piece about online and offline dating and how people interact with each and can see people as disposable that story could play a part in exploring a wider issue. But as it stands it's a narrow story from a women who slept with a guy which is being presented as a news story.

The fact that she felt the need to go on the national airwaves and tell everyone about it as some kind of 'warning' speaks all kinds of things to her naivete.

Yea i think the problem is that it is entertained as news. If people are entertaining that as news then why wouldnt she believe that it is news. I wouldnt be too harsh on her. She probably just got swept up in it and people are getting their lines crossed or purposely using stories like that as news worthy rather than something that is more suitable for The Jeremy Kyle Show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This story is on par with the girl who made her life miserable by using Instagram..

Complete and utter horse crap.

Yet, can be front news headlines for some news outlets? Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MiddleOne

Slow news day the the Indo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

tritium wrote: »
    Not sure I'd even call it deception, bit of a dick move alright but that's about it. Its not as if he has to pledge his soul to her in return for taking her virtue.

Two adults have consensual sex, one has no further interest,no big deal.....
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You know, this did come to mind.

They chat for a few weeks, meet up and date for a few more, forty messages each day and at the end he sleeps with her only the once... turns out, at the final hurdle, they weren't compatible, after all.

There was a time when society would require a marriage in order to discern this.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

There was a time when society would require a marriage in order to discern this.

And if you believe that most people ever actually bought into that... :p

Society hasn't changed a bit really, just that technology has replaced the matchmaker is all ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matchmaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Sorry can't stop laughing. How is this a news story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Dr.Internet

Sounds like he had a lucky escape

Can't wait for tomorrow's story about how someone ate their dinner...or not

Now for the weather

Yakult wrote: »
    This story is on par with the girl who made her life miserable by using Instagram..

Is that the one who had a hissy fit that her job of modelling on instagram was a job and she had to work HOURS and it's totally a business! And she couldn't cope anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

There was also a time when if a couple were incompatible in bed, society would happily turn a blind eye to you having a mistress on the side and there was no question of divorce over such a necessary 'indulgence'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

As others in said she was crap in bed (not sure about this if he chased her for 45 days he would have liked anything he got imo) or she went all gaga on him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

she could have been OK in bed, maybe he just likes to move on to the next Tinder match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭titan18

smash wrote: »
    Next up we have another woman in "he invited me over for Netflix and chill but then he wanted to have sex!" Shocker.

Sh1t, didn't know they knew about that one. No wonder I can't find a Netflix buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Fatal Attraction 2: "Love Me Tinder"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

nokia69 wrote: »
    she could have been OK in bed, maybe he just likes to move on to the next Tinder match

Or she could just have had a really, really smelly fanny.:pac:

As others in said she was crap in bed (not sure about this if he chased her for 45 days he would have liked anything he got imo) or she went all gaga on him

I'm not sure about this. It's entirely plausible that this guy just liked "the thrill of the chase", or they both liked having their egos stroked (I expect a "My Side Of The Story" piece will appear if this thing gets legs), and once he got it, moved on. That is absolutely his, or would indeed have been her prerogative. The idea of calling a national radio station will mark her out as someone to avoid, rather than the issue she's attempting to draw attention to.

I imagine most people are aware of these things when they use hook-up apps already, and I don't believe for a minute this woman is as naive in this regard as she would like to have people believe.

If it had been herself had done the 'ghosting' (they called that "coyote ugly" back in my day, #oldfart :pac:), there wouldn't have been a peep out of her "wanting to warn others" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Or she could just have had a really, really smelly fanny.:pac:

There goes me dinner :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I couldn't believe this got a write up in the paper.

http://www.independent.ie/life/mum-36-tells-rtes-ryan-tubridy-i-feel-duped-naive-and-gullible-after-being-ghosted-on-tinder-34169960.html

Basically the woman (36) met up with a guy from tinder. Dated for 3 weeks. Slept together. He did a legger. She goes on the radio and tells Tubs that women need to be careful of sharks on tinder.

I've sympathy for the woman, but Christ - don't go on national radio because your man isn't interested anymore!

That'll teach her to sleep with a man before marriage. The hussy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Maybe he was married or engaged with kids. You don't know these days with all the cheating going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Yakult wrote: »

These women need Safe Spaces brah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, it may have been the whole 40 texts a day.... Just maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

He put the ground work in and got his reward, what next? Begrudging the common man for doing an honest days work and getting paid for it?
    Sure, SHE didn't like it but someone is always going to get shafted in these scenarios, just don't go running and crying to Uncie Ryan about it, ya'hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Begrudging the common man for doing an honest days work and getting laid for it?
    FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

ColeTrain wrote: »
    He put the ground work in and got his reward, what next? Begrudging the common man for doing an honest days work and getting paid for it?
    Sure, SHE didn't like it but someone is always going to get shafted in these scenarios, just don't go running and crying to Uncie Ryan about it, ya'hear.

I think the problem is she was expecting to get shafted a few more times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Couldn't be bothered reading the article (don't want the indo to get a click from me) but it gives a clear snapshot of the woman in question: she made a poor decision and blames Tinder. Tinder didn't make her open her legs but it's Tinder's fault she can't make a responsible decision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

nokia69 wrote: »
    I think the problem is she was expecting to get shafted a few more times

That man is no doubt working on another project at the minute, some other girl will be getting shafted soon after the 45 day turnaround.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

These women need Safe Spaces brah

YOU PC BRAH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

discus wrote: »
    YOU PC BRAH?

I'M PC BRO!! I'LL THROW DOWN !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

An outrage.

A man pretends to have different intentions to those he actually does. People are shocked or amused that she complains about being fooled.

I wonder are there any situations a bit similar in the news. Might look around boards and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

She is an idiot but am I the only person who doesn't value cowardly behaviour and lack of common courtesy. Or is this a badge of honour now, treat others like **** and be applauded on internet.

And no I have no problem with one night stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

smash wrote: »
    Next up we have another woman in "he invited me over for Netflix and chill but then he wanted to have sex!" Shocker.

He didn't even having a friggin' telly!!!:mad:

I thought we were watching Narcos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think the comments about her being bad in bed and smelling are pretty distasteful actually. She's a human being not a sex toy. However the whole thing is a farce and non news worthy.

meeeeh wrote: »
    She is an idiot but am I the only person who doesn't value cowardly behaviour and lack of common courtesy. Or is this a badge of honour now, treat others like **** and be applauded on internet.

And no I have no problem with one night stands.

Of course not -

I imagine that's exactly what this woman is hoping for, or was hoping for at least, by giving an interview in the national media and giving her name - trial by social media for the other clown.

I don't think private citizens are under any obligation to justify themselves to the media for their behaviour just because one of them has decided to open themselves up to public scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Of course not -

I don't think private citizens are under any obligation to justify themselves to the media for their behaviour just because one of them has decided to open themselves up to public scrutiny.

But they should be applauded? Besides it's not like his name was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I think 'online dating' is just like that. Tinder, POF whatever...If people are on there they are most likely chatting with a whole host of people and going on dates here and there. It goes with the territory.

If you haven't made things 'exclusive', then expect it all to be casual.

Dude's a dick though. At least give her an explanation...or make one up if you have to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Still a better love story than twilight.:D

meeeeh wrote: »
    But they should be applauded? Besides it's not like his name was mentioned.

I don't know how this story is being played out elsewhere, but I didn't see people here applauding his behaviour. I saw more people criticise this woman's behaviour in airing her personal and private life in public.

As you point out - the guy's name wasn't even mentioned, so can we even actually criricise someone we don't know at all and have no idea why he actually scarpered? Only if we choose to take this woman's version of events at face value, which, to be honest - I really don't.

Advertisement