Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Dermot Bannon.

Very good shout, seems like a fairly inoffensive fella but I can't stand the f*cker either.

Eoghan McDermott, used to do the breakfast show with the lovely doireann

Did the truth / real reason he was " ghosted" ever come out??? There was all sorts of rumours knocking around at the time but nothing concrete...... it was all v fishy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Did the truth / real reason he was " ghosted" ever come out??? There was all sorts of rumours knocking around at the time but nothing concrete...... it was all v fishy

Nothing further came to light

Friend told me he landed a lucrative role in Facebook

Nothing further came to light

Friend told me he landed a lucrative role in Facebook

Hed fit in there

Marty Whelan is an awful dose, he sounds like a really shyte bond villain when I hear him on the radio in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭cms88

Like him or not but it was yet another trial by media where a claim was taken as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Sarah McInerney (RTÉ Drivetime)- her voice drives me nuts . Can’t listen to the show anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

cms88 wrote: »
    Like him or not but it was yet another trial by media where a claim was taken as fact.

At this stage I still think it's not quite that basic. If it was won't he have his day in court to take a case against the accusations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

mikekerry wrote: »
    Not in the least bit inexplicable

The word 'inexplicable' should be removed from the the thread.

No matter who any of us mention, there are reasons, perceptions why we don't like them. You don't inexplicably take a dislike to anyone or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Gary Wilmot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Me too , woke blokes are always running from something

I feel like Seth Rogen 'distancing' himself from James Franco is less about the accusations against Franco, and more that Rogen has something to hide.

He jumped on the woke bandwagon so quickly (including adverts that preached down to folks) that it felt like he was hiding something.
    Still does.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I feel like Seth Rogen 'distancing' himself from James Franco is less about the accusations against Franco, and more that Rogen has something to hide.

He jumped on the woke bandwagon so quickly (including adverts that preached down to folks) that it felt like he was hiding something.
    Still does.

Ah that’s harsh All Franco did was set up an all female drama college in which all students must sleep with him :)

Ah that’s harsh All Franco did was set up an all female drama college in which all students must sleep with him :)

I know right- he's the real victim here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Vicky Phelan

Vicky Phelan

Careful there Ted

GAAcailin wrote: »
    Sarah McInerney (RTÉ Drivetime)- her voice drives me nuts . Can’t listen to the show anymore

I'm not too bothered about her voice but i found her interview style far too combative. What's that all about, why do politicians put themselves through those interviews. Comfortably paid safely employed RTE journalists behaving as if its all about them and their career progression.

I'm not too bothered about her voice but i found her interview style far too combative. What's that all about, why do politicians put themselves through those interviews. Comfortably paid safely employed RTE journalists behaving as if its all about them and their career progression.

I respect her. I think she sort of realises that some of these politicians get a seriously soft interview.
    I think she feels like there's a need to do hardline interviews, because it's sort of been a staple to do hardline interviews.
    Only in more recent times have interviews gone seriously soft.

I respect her. I think she sort of realises that some of these politicians get a seriously soft interview.
    I think she feels like there's a need to do hardline interviews, because it's sort of been a staple to do hardline interviews.
    Only in more recent times have interviews gone seriously soft.

That style dosent work.

Gaybo made P Flynn comfortable and the beans came out of the tin.

Sarah comes in like an annoying school teacher dictating and setting the tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

That worked so well back in 1999 that politicians remember it and are much more cautious of falling into the same trap. The only way to achieve anything like that now is to relentlessly and ferociously beat the tin in the hope that a few beans might accidentally escape.

That worked so well back in 1999 that politicians remember it and are much more cautious of falling into the same trap. The only way to achieve anything like that now is to relentlessly and ferociously beat the tin in the hope that a few beans might accidentally escape.

If you want to get the good stuff then build trust.

If you come in combative then the mark gets defensive or even worse starts feeling sorry for themselves and strikes back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

I can't remember his name but the rugby lad who presented Gladiators
    I'm not sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

smilerf wrote: »
    I'm not sure why

jeremy guscott

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Never liked him, came across as a right annoying prick, who loved himself and insincere, he was always too anxious to jump on the latest social justice issues and tear down anyone who didn't agree with his point of view, if these allegations are true he's the biggest hypocrite going and all the hate people have for him (and it's a lot) is justified

Never trust a man that openly, and repeatedly, calls himself a Male Feminist.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Never trust a man that openly, and repeatedly, calls himself a Male Feminist.

Does he sit down on the toilet when urinating?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

That style dosent work.

Sarah comes in like an annoying school teacher dictating and setting the tone.
    Re Sarah:
    She deffo fancies herself as being hardnosed - she is trying too hard to model herself on Claire Byrne and it just doesn't work! Can't listen to Sarah anymore..

Re Sarah:
    She deffo fancies herself as being hardnosed - she is trying too hard to model herself on Claire Byrne and it just doesn't work! Can't listen to Sarah anymore..

Claire Byrne is a soft touch tho.

The easiest interview one can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭TheG0AT

smilerf wrote: »
    I'm not sure why

It was soccer and John Fashanu.... awooooogaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TheG0AT wrote: »
    It was soccer and John Fashanu.... awooooogaaaaaaaa

Jeremy Guscott presented it for two years as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭TheG0AT

Jeremy Guscott presented it for two years as well.

That i did not know so i stand corrected ;)

• Advertisement

Re Sarah:

She might need to take a step back and think about other options if she is just copying Claire.

Advertisement