Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I love the character but the cases were just dull.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Modern 2d animation doesn't take as long as it used to. I'm no expert but the fact they can reuse computer models quickly really helps. Looking online it looks like the time between announcement and release of these films has been less than a year. Just finished the most recent one. Have a couple left to watch that aren't part of the universe.

I know it's not high grade animation but look at South Park. They can get an episode out within a a week which is how some episodes can be so topical.

I thought there must be a significant amount of work done on them by the time they announce them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Retro fans of apocalyptic science fiction should make sure to tune in to Talking Pictures at 9 PM for Quatermass IV made in 1979 starring John Mills with Simon Manimal McCorkindale and Barbara Kellerman. It was the only time Nigel Kneal wrote a drama for ITV and even that wasn't intended - BBC passed on the script in 1972 and it got picked up finally in 78 by Euston Films who spent far more than the Beeb ever would have.

Good write up here. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/26/quatermass_iv/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

So much better than the Parks & Rec attempt imho. They all look pretty well too, age has been kind.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Retro fans of apocalyptic science fiction should make sure to tune in to Talking Pictures at 9 PM for Quatermass IV made in 1979 starring John Mills with Simon Manimal McCorkindale and Barbara Kellerman. It was the only time Nigel Kneal wrote a drama for ITV and even that wasn't intended - BBC passed on the script in 1972 and it got picked up finally in 78 by Euston Films who spent far more than the Beeb ever would have.

Good write up here. https://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/26/quatermass_iv/

I thought you were talking about the BBC series narrated by Sylvia Sims that often comes on before some movies on BBC 2.

I haven’t watched any regular TV on months other but that channel sounds like it would bring me back if Eir has it

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CBS have revealed their fall schedule which looks very optimistic

The long-delayed new season of The Amazing Race will follow Survivor on Wednesdays, bumping S.W.A.T. to midseason.

♦ Chuck Lorre’s new sitcom B Positive has scored Thursday’s post-Young Sheldon perch, sending The Unicorn to 9:30.

♦ The Queen Latifah-headlined Equalizer reboot will follow 60 Minutes on Sundays, replacing the cancelled God Friended Me.

♦ New Silence of the Lambs sequel series Clarice is being held for midseason

MONDAY
    8 pm The Neighborhood
    8:30 pm Bob Hearts Abishola
    9 pm All Rise
    10 pm Bull

TUESDAY
    8 pm NCIS
    9 pm FBI
    10 pm FBI: Most Wanted

WEDNESDAY
    8 pm Survivor
    9 pm The Amazing Race
    10 pm SEAL Team

THURSDAY
    8 pm Young Sheldon
    8:30 pm B POSITIVE
    9 pm Mom
    9:30 pm The Unicorn
    10 pm Evil

FRIDAY
    8 pm MacGyver
    9 pm Magnum P.I.
    10 pm Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
    8 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
    9 pm Crimetime Saturday (drama series encores)
    10 pm 48 Hours

SUNDAY
    7 pm 60 Minutes
    8 pm THE EQUALIZER
    9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles
    10 pm: NCIS: New Orleans

Ha yes it is a bit confusing with Talking Pictures the series on quite a bit these days. only sky ireland has TP the channel unless you have FTA, freesat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When I was looking up about Carnival Row Season 2 I found this article from a couple days ago
    https://deadline.com/2020/05/czech-republic-host-of-amazons-carnival-row-marvels-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-says-it-is-ready-for-film-tv-resumption-1202928608/

So filming is being allowed to resume in Czech Republic on shows such as Carnival Row, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Wheel of Time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Does anyone know when Black Mirror is beginning new episodes? I heard its this month.

BlackMirrorTitleCard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does anyone know when Black Mirror is beginning new episodes? I heard its this month.

BlackMirrorTitleCard.jpg
    Doesn't look like any plans from Brooker for new episodes at the minute..

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2020-05-04/black-mirror-6-update

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

BlackMirrorTitleCard.jpg

We're actually living in the latest series of Black Mirror...

They've really upped the ante after Bandersnatch... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

We're actually living in the latest series of Black Mirror...
    No sh*t! :D

And also spotted just yesterday..

https://twitter.com/faisalalmalki/status/1267808392283856899?s=20

Anyone else find that when you plan on catching up on a series that it seems to put seasons out faster than normal? Like you see a show is on season 1 episode 5. "Oh must start that" Couple weeks later (maybe an exaggeration) it's on season 6 episode 7.
    Just restarting season 2 of 13 Reasons Why after starting it before back near its release and it doesn't feel like 2 years since it was released.

Sapphire and Steel is being re-shown on Forces TV at 11 PM-12 PM Monday to Friday. The first series is on at the moment but now they have the rights it'll be repeated pretty quickly. Never saw it at the time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anybody watching Dead to Me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

but now they have the rights it'll be repeated pretty quickly.
    Quicker then you think. Its repeated late Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

The last episode of Quatermass is on Talking Pictures next Tuesday.

On the following Tuesday (16th June) Budgie a 1971 series staring Adam Faith starts.

This series was before my time but I did watch a repeat sometime in the 80's I think. I will watch it again.

There are 26 episodes over two series. The first four episodes of series one were made in B/W due to a strike.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/looney-tunes-bans-elmer-fudd-from-having-a-gun-1202952861/

"I'm hunting wabbits,hehehe… with a scythe"

No guns in the new Looney Tunes cartoons for the likes of Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I watched the first few episodes and enjoyed them and never even noticed they didn’t have guns to be honest till I read that a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hey the original Looney Toons cartoons had blackface & characters smoking cigarettes; times and tastes change :)

But then they would need to find a word to rhyme with scythe :)

Is All4+ HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

30 Rock will return for a one-off, hour-long special that doubles as an upfront event for the NBCUniversal family of networks

https://tvline.com/2020/06/16/30-rock-revival-new-episode-nbc-tina-fey/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NBC Fall 2020

MONDAY
    8 pm The Voice (Get scoop on returning/leaving coaches)
    10 pm Manifest

TUESDAY
    8 pm The Voice
    9 pm This Is Us
    10 pm New Amsterdam

WEDNESDAY
    8 pm Chicago Med
    9 pm Chicago Fire
    10 pm Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY
    8 pm Superstore
    8:30 pm Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    9 pm Law & Order: SVU
    10 pm LAW & ORDER: ORGANIZED CRIME (Stabler show)

FRIDAY
    8 pm The Blacklist
    9 pm Dateline NBC

SATURDAY
    8 pm Dateline Saturday Night Mystery
    10 pm SNL Encores

SUNDAY
    7 pm Football Night in America
    8 pm Sunday Night Football

Doesn't look like they think the virus is going to affect them

I used to follow all the news of new TV drama that I wouldn't get to keep up to date with.

I got lazy with Netflix etc. and now just concentrate on not being able to keep up to date with those. :P

Have many upcoming new shows been badly affected by the lockdown? Any good series that was struggling in ratings been canned because of the virus?

Any series on the horizon that looks particularly good?

I googled it - only six new US TV shows?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Showtime series with Brendan Gleeson as Trump and Jeff Daniels as James Comey will air after the US election.

Advertisement