Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sharon Horgan got one of her earliest first gigs on 'The Unbelievable Truth', a show presented by Colin Murphy where he tried to do a 'Brass Eye meets Star Stories' kinda parody. Wasn't very good.

Aisling Bea had early roles in Fair City, Roy and The Savage Eye. In the Savage Eye, she was most memorable parodying Graine Seoige.

Pretty much HAVE to do something in IReland, to pay the bills and so on.
    They didn't get anything like the same level of exposure and promotion as the duds who got their own shows. They got documentaries, Lynch was given reality tv gigs when her comedy started to fizzle out, Higgins even got a cookery show! The duds were all over the RTE guide too.

It seems like Horgan and Bea were given work by Murphy and McSavage personally rather than being mentored by the powers that be like the others. If I was Ms McGarrity I would learn from the past and jump ship while she still has a career to salvage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

They didn't get anything like the same level of exposure and promotion as the duds who got their own shows. They got documentaries, Lynch was given reality tv gigs when her comedy started to fizzle out, Higgins even got a cookery show! The duds were all over the RTE guide too.

It seems like Horgan and Bea were given work by Murphy and McSavage personally rather than being mentored by the powers that be like the others. If I was Ms McGarrity I would learn from the past and jump ship while she still has a career to salvage.

she needs a new trick/joke as just putting on the same mimicking voice and a wig for every impression (judging from her ad showreel and insta), doesn't make you an impressionist/comedian...but sure nepotism gets you far in rte and i seriously believe RTE are deluded and think that the BBC/UK/USA would "poach" their "talent"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So bored of Vogue Williams thinking we all want to know about every moment in her life . Baby this , husband that , on and on she drones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    So bored of Vogue Williams thinking we all want to know about every moment in her life . Baby this , husband that , on and on she drones

didnt she have an indo piece the other week stating she didnt want to expose her child to the media/"celeb" lifestyle (appeared in my twitter feed 80 times last sunday) and there she goes and does an ad with him for an washing powder/liquid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Angela Lansbury

Why? "Murder She Wrote" is the only watchable thing on after midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We’d want to be careful she doesn’t catch Coronavirus because she’ll make a show on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Victoria Derbyshire

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

didnt she have an indo piece the other week stating she didnt want to expose her child to the media/"celeb" lifestyle (appeared in my twitter feed 80 times last sunday) and there she goes and does an ad with him for an washing powder/liquid

And appears in the Daily Mail today with full picture of her child . Apparently she can’t leave him and brings him to work 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Isn't he the lad who looks a bit like Rod Stewart?

That gave me a little laugh. I can't really see it myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Steve Coogan.

Just comes across as a bit of a prick. Watching him on the Trip to Greece, and not sure if it's an act or whatever, but he seems very full of himself.

And I don't really understand Alan Partridge's standing as a comic classic either. Definitely feel there is a snobbery among the die-hard fans.

he's acting, he's an actor he doesn't really go on trips like that it's a tv show made for tv he got paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

venusdoom wrote: »
    That gave me a little laugh. I can't really see it myself though.

Let’s just say The Faces weren’t really about the faces they had a trademark style

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Let’s just say The Faces weren’t really about the faces they had a trademark style

A face is a mod with the right clothes, the right haircut and the right taste in soul music and ska. Hence the character Ace Face played by sting in Quadrophenia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

she needs a new trick/joke as just putting on the same mimicking voice and a wig for every impression (judging from her ad showreel and insta), doesn't make you an impressionist/comedian...but sure nepotism gets you far in rte and i seriously believe RTE are deluded and think that the BBC/UK/USA would "poach" their "talent"
    She has a joke? I missed that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Why? "Murder She Wrote" is the only watchable thing on after midnight

I start prowling after midnight. Barren times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

David Jason,he will be forever Del Boy to me.He just cant shake it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

A face is a mod with the right clothes, the right haircut and the right taste in soul music and ska. Hence the character Ace Face played by sting in Quadrophenia.

As rod’s hair continues to be something he inexplicably can

Is it a blow dry technique? There’s no gel in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Nish Kumar, a comedian - allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bobblehats wrote: »
    As rod’s hair continues to be something he inexplicably can

Is it a blow dry technique? There’s no gel in it...

he's just a jammy git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Steve Coogan.

Just comes across as a bit of a prick. Watching him on the Trip to Greece, and not sure if it's an act or whatever, but he seems very full of himself.

And I don't really understand Alan Partridge's standing as a comic classic either. Definitely feel there is a snobbery among the die-hard fans.

It sounds to me like you don’t really “get it.” Maybe Mrs Brown is more your speed.

Careful now! You'll be accused of being an online bully :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

For sure, if that ad contains her best material then she's screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    It sounds to me like you don’t really “get it.” Maybe Mrs Brown is more your speed.

I don’t know if you’re in any position to comment on comedy, Hogan. You are to comedy what the Australians are to world culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Woke Hogan wrote: »

And there is the snobbery I mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha i actually played the part of a sh1te comedian in avenue 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

And there is the snobbery I mentioned

You think films are real.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

dubstarr wrote: »
    David Jason,he will be forever Del Boy to me.He just cant shake it.

True, but, it could be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Why is Doireann O’Leary suddenly everywhere? Seems so conceited and false.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I'd say he gets PTSD everytime he sees a sliced pan.
    (Someone threw bread at him when he made a Brexit joke. A funnier comic would 'roll' with it... :D

...I'll get my coat).

I have a sneaking suspicion that's not her kid in the advert. Genuinely, I think they used an actor cos her kid isn't 'photogenic' enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

How she got away with her comments about putting refugees in camps is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

razorblunt wrote: »
    How she got away with her comments about putting refugees in camps is beyond me.

Remember Rosanna Davison made 'anti-immigration' comments regarding the Ryanair calendar?

While she sued because she claimed it implied she was a racist-her comments themselves were just genuinely nasty.

But I'd say their PR managers must get paid loads for having to kill the negative true stories about em.

Advertisement