Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

trashcan wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's repeated before next weeks episode ?

It's not repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

Seems like there will be a fourth series.
    AHEAD of the return of BBC police corruption drama Line of Duty later this week, creator Jed Mercurio has revealed that he is now starting to think about the fourth series.

"I write episode by episode, one series at a time. I’m beginning to think about series four now but I didn't think about it before I’d finished series three," he explained.

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/654833/Line-of-Duty-series-4-Jed-Mercurio-BBC-Keeley-Hawes-Vicky-McClure (no spoilers)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pretty sure The Beeb renewed it for a third and fourth series after the second series aired.

Still need to watch last night's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

So annoyed I missed ep 1 - I was checking BBC1 listings to set series record . . . ahem, has anyone any techie recommendations to get around the iplayer geoblocking or links to where ep 1 could be found? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

They featured this on Gogglebox just now. Interesting to see everyone's reaction was just like mine, "great episode when is it on again". Though they did majorly spoil do if anyone is planning on watching both shows they should leave the room for this part of Gogglebox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Daniel Mays was excellent. It's hard to tell where they are going with the story - a lot hinges on how episode 2 begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Brilliant episode. Nice little twist to the end. I didn't see that coming at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Delta2113

After constantly seeing the promo for series 3 I decided to check this out -just watched series 1,2 and episode 1 from series 3 over the last few days. I would highly recommend this show.

I bet a lot of people have missed out on this. People are so busy trying to watch everything on Netflix.

This is top quality.

After a stellar first episode, the second was dry, a bit boring and a bit confusing.

I think I need to watch season 2 again. I can't remember who Keeley Hawes character was or what she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Mr E wrote: »
    After a stellar first episode, the second was dry, a bit boring and a bit confusing.

I think I need to watch season 2 again. I can't remember who Keeley Hawes character was or what she did.
    She was the officer that moved the bloke that was killed in the ambush
    She was perceived as bullied the victim and turned out to be the opposite
    - I think!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Completely and utterly trolled! After a superb start to the new season with an excellent Daniel Mays
    they go and kill him off and bring back the stupid Lindsay Whatserface story :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

have to say, I'm lost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. That lad must have some phone bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Confused as well...is Dot in cahoots with Keeley Hawes??he didn't look too happy when she got released though...and is there someone higher up giving them orders?...looks like the little detective guy might be the only "not dirty" copper in the show...

Don't they do this every year with Dot?

Don't they do this every year with Dot?

Do they?..maybe so..can't remember a suggestion of him being a bit shady last season,but maybe there was so much going on with Keeley Hawes that it slipped my notice...anyway,can't wait to see who else turns out to be "in the know"...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭trashcan

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Do they?..maybe so..can't remember a suggestion of him being a bit shady last season,but maybe there was so much going on with Keeley Hawes that it slipped my notice...anyway,can't wait to see who else turns out to be "in the know"...

He was more than a bit shady. Dot has been up to his neck in it since the first series. Mind you there is such a long gap between series that you could be forgiven for forgetting. You'd probably need to watch a refresher before the new series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dot is more slippery than a barrel of eels. Fascinating to see how the release of Lindsay Denton changes the dynamic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

I like good cop shows but I'm finding this a little dreary and incomprehensible

Why did yer man Dot need to pretend to get beaten by the tactical squad guy Baines in the warehouse?
    Doesn't really make sense and exposes him as if the others believe the other guy he's outed.
    No real need to be seen to "make the arrest" on Baines himself.
    Seems too contrived.

• Advertisement

The bastards are all in it up to their eyeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She should have took the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Denton may have been a bit mad but she's a copper to her fingertips, like Denton and like Denton Dot may yet win the day. That said the real enemy seems to be Gill Biggelow in legal council for AC 12

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Brilliant tv. What an episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭trashcan

Wow. That was superb. Can't wait for the finale next week. This is the best British TV I've seen since Our Friends in The North 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, that was superb.

90 minute episode next week too.

yeah, that was superb.

90 minute episode next week too.

Agreed..great episode..Dot really has everything covered using Steve Arnott's car...can't wait for the finale...

Loved it. That last scene was a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I have started looking again at the series staring with episode 1. Its very complicated.
    Who sent the mobile to Hari? Dot, was it? What was the significance of that? In episode 2 I think, there seems to be a new plot re L Denton which doesn't seem to have anything to do with Murphy murder. What is all that about? There was no mention of her at all in episodes 1. Very confusing.
    Even though its difficult to make out I thought the scene where they were questioning the suspected paedophile was the best television I have seen in a long time. Superb acting, beautifully nuanced, just brilliant. Adrian Dunbar, and the paedophile himself were absolutely outstanding.

• Advertisement

bobbyss wrote: »
    I have started looking again at the series staring with episode 1. Its very complicated.
    Who sent the mobile to Hari? Dot, was it? What was the significance of that? In episode 2 I think, there seems to be a new plot re L Denton which doesn't seem to have anything to do with Murphy murder. What is all that about? There was no mention of her at all in episodes 1. Very confusing.
    Even though its difficult to make out I thought the scene where they were questioning the suspected paedophile was the best television I have seen in a long time. Superb acting, beautifully nuanced, just brilliant. Adrian Dunbar, and the paedophile himself were absolutely outstanding.

Denton is an continuing character from the previous season. Her court case was still in progress.
    mobile was a burner phone to keep in touch with the caddy (dot)

Advertisement