Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Wing Grifters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I've seen a few of his videos on Youtube, I haven't watched other Info Wars content. He's a journalist for a website/ WebShow albeit a controversial one, Goes to a rally/ event mistake a young girl for a boy, this makes him some sort of transphobic criminal ?
    Enjoy Nationalism T-shirt - So ? he supports his country (America) over other countries, as do I (Ireland) How do these things make him someone who should be vilified ? Besides the fact he has differing political opinions to you ?

This is the kind of excuse making these grifters survive on.
    Infowars is not journalism it's fake "infotainment". Even Alex Jones has said this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

20Cent wrote: »
    This is the kind of excuse making these grifters survive on.
    Infowars is not journalism it's fake "infotainment". Even Alex Jones has said this.

in fairness he only started saying that when he got sued by the families of Sandy Hook victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Odd how you just uncritically accepted what was said as fact. Was it because you wanted it to be true?

I asked a question, got an answer and continued on, what should I do? the child does look like it could be a boy or girl, its not obvious.
    If this is evidence of how bad this guy is, I'm underwhelmed.

in fairness he only started saying that when he got sued by the families of Sandy Hook victims.

True, and when he was getting a divorce and wanted custody of his kids. His ex had hours of him being insane to show in court so he said it was all an act.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

A new grifter shows up, a member of Trump's staff at Treasury. Seems momma bought his degree for him (the son of a partner of T. Boone Pickens, gas-company czar). Basically, classic GOP griftery -contribute, get job as favor, qualifications be damned.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/11/treasury-staffer-college-admissions-scandal-082461

And, another interesting grifter is Rudy's spokesperson, Christianne Allen. 20 years old, lied into her job left and right. Seems massively unqualified (imagine trying to be the spin doctor for loony Rudy.) But, getting the job by lying, and ensuring lifelong opportunities of employment is grifting at its finest. She'll probably end up as a press secretary to a WH someday.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/10/christianne-allen-giuliani-079762

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I've seen a few of his videos on Youtube, I haven't watched other Info Wars content. He's a journalist for a website/ WebShow albeit a controversial one, Goes to a rally/ event mistake a young girl for a boy, this makes him some sort of transphobic criminal ?
    Enjoy Nationalism T-shirt - So ? he supports his country (America) over other countries, as do I (Ireland) How do these things make him someone who should be vilified ? Besides the fact he has differing political opinions to you ?

Overpowering nationalism is a big problem too as we saw in Northern Ireland during Troubles, North Korea or in Russia under Stalin or Italy and Germany in the 1930s. You can love your country but obsession over it causes problems and a major sign you are politically swaying too far to the right or left.

Jones didn't get vilified for his nationalism. He got it for his Sandy Hook stories and his advocating of violence on people who didn't hold same viewpoint as him.

Igotadose wrote: »
    A new grifter shows up, a member of Trump's staff at Treasury. Seems momma bought his degree for him (the son of a partner of T. Boone Pickens, gas-company czar). Basically, classic GOP griftery -contribute, get job as favor, qualifications be damned.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/11/treasury-staffer-college-admissions-scandal-082461

And, another interesting grifter is Rudy's spokesperson, Christianne Allen. 20 years old, lied into her job left and right. Seems massively unqualified (imagine trying to be the spin doctor for loony Rudy.) But, getting the job by lying, and ensuring lifelong opportunities of employment is grifting at its finest. She'll probably end up as a press secretary to a WH someday.

Yeah drain the swap lol.
    Even trump's kids are cashing in. They bought loads of junior's books to get it to the top of the book sale lists. Jr, Eric and Ivanka have been ordered by the courts to attend training about how not to steal from charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,200 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if she got the job as Rudys spokesperson by lying i think that makes her very well qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

In the UK election, 88% of Conservative ads were found to be misleading. None of Labours. The Conservatives will probably get a majority through massive deception. Sad state of affairs when grifting is such a massively successful strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Overpowering nationalism is a big problem too as we saw in Northern Ireland during Troubles, North Korea or in Russia under Stalin or Italy and Germany in the 1930s. You can love your country but obsession over it causes problems and a major sign you are politically swaying too far to the right or left.

Jones didn't get vilified for his nationalism. He got it for his Sandy Hook stories and his advocating of violence on people who didn't hold same viewpoint as him.
    Are you equating Ireland's fight for freedom with Nazi Germany?

• Advertisement

She will go far! Like the man said 'you gotta pick the winner before the race'!

You have to admire the brass balls on that girl!

What a legend!

She will go far! Like the man said 'you gotta pick the winner before the race'!

You have to admire the brass balls on that girl!

What a legend!

Fake it till you make it

Fake it till you make it
    Absolutely. What a little operator!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In the UK election, 88% of Conservative ads were found to be misleading. None of Labours. The Conservatives will probably get a majority through massive deception. Sad state of affairs when grifting is such a massively successful strategy.
    Well Brexit got over the line on a wave of bullsh1t too, so not a shock at all.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Are you equating Ireland's fight for freedom with Nazi Germany?
    All "fights for freedom" are inevitably one sided. One's position on them largely depends on viewpoint. I would hold a republican viewpoint and see the throwing off of the English yoke as a fight for freedom, but I would have a very different viewpoint if I had been born into the Unionist minority in the thirty two counties a century ago and an even more different viewpoint if I were born into the Unionist majority in the six counties. The Nazi party's viewpoint was also a fight for freedom from Bolsheviks and other "outside influences" in defence of the German people. They were just as equally convinced of their right to do so and if they'd just stuck with fighting "Commies" chances are high that they'd now be lauded for it by many.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    All "fights for freedom" are inevitably one sided. One's position on them largely depends on viewpoint. I would hold a republican viewpoint and see the throwing off of the English yoke as a fight for freedom, but I would have a very different viewpoint if I had been born into the Unionist minority in the thirty two counties a century ago and an even more different viewpoint if I were born into the Unionist majority in the six counties.
    No you wouldn't Wibbs. I am sure that you would have been a Casement or an Erskine Childers!

In the question of Irish Freedom there is only one right answer! Yes!

No you wouldn't Wibbs. I am sure that you would have been a Casement or an Erskine Childers!
    Going on probabilities M I seriously doubt it. They were outliers and outliers by definition make up a tiny minority, so chances are extremely high that I'd be a Unionist to some degree or other. I mean I'm an Irishman born into a Republican background, why am I not a Unionist outlier "Casement" in that mix to some degree or other? In the end the vast majority of people go with whichever tide is running at the time and vanishingly few swim against it.
    In the question of Irish Freedom there is only one right answer! Yes!
    Which "Irish" though? There's the rub. And it'll be a larger question now more than ever with more non native Irish in the mix. On the one hand, how is an arrived in the last decade or so Syrian or Nigerian say apparently now Irish because of a passport, but a Unionist born here on the back of centuries deep generational presence is not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

sabat wrote: »
    Millionaire property developer, white-collar criminal, vineyard owner Mick Wallace reinvents himself as a left-wing man of the people. Grifter.

Former junkie, failed Hollywood actor with failed marriage to popstar Russell Brand suddenly realises that he was a Marxist proselytiser all along. Grifter.

And here's "left-wing" grifter Mick Wallace in action again:
    Wallace, when refused a loan for the Temple Bar apartment, had become extremely irate and upset. He had allegedly threatened he would withdraw all co-operation with the bank which, he said, would have to take him out of the Clontarf property in a box...

...He was alleged also to have said he would burn down the house before giving it up or agreeing to the bank selling it and was prepared to go to jail if necessary

https://www.thejournal.ie/mick-wallace-dublin-home-burn-down-court-4930092-Dec2019/

Andy Ngo has an article published in Newsweek about "Antifa murder" and extremist violence. Antifa haven't killed anyone and the FBI report a huge increase in far right murders. Still his grift bis the "as bad as each other" narrative.

Andy Ngo has an article published in Newsweek about "Antifa murder" and extremist violence..

Didn't know he was still writing, I'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Andy Ngo has an article published in Newsweek about "Antifa murder" and extremist violence. Antifa haven't killed anyone and the FBI report a huge increase in far right murders. Still his grift bis the "as bad as each other" narrative.

You are fierce mad about Andy as you mention his name just as much as you use "grifter"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Well Brexit got over the line on a wave of bullsh1t too, so not a shock at all.

The explanation for the brexit vote is outrageously misrepresented in Ireland. Mainstream media regularly pout it down to English nationalism and xenophobia. Even though there is political manifestation of English nationalism so how could that be the cause. Even UKIP is all about Britishness not Englishness and its highly implausible that half of the UK is xenophobic. Irish positive sentiment to EU hugely decreased during our bailout. Was this to be blamed on xenophobia too? So although there are right wing grifters on the web, there are some outrageously dishonest centre left grifters in main stream media.

In fairness antifa have shot and bombed people so they have tried. As it happens how people classify murders is very messy work and many murders have left and right elements like the horrible Christchurch shooter who called himself a 'eco fascist'. The reality is no one would defend a right wing version of of antifa and certainly not Andy Ngo and I have yet to hear any one say extremists of any side are worse. Rather they say the ideology is equal or worse which is an important distinction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

The Plague wrote: »
    You really need to go outside and get laid.

You cant fight fascist doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

20Cent wrote:

Far right violence and especially murder is terrible and should be condemned.

Is antifa violence terrible and should people carrying out violence in the name of antifa be condemned too?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

The biggest grifters in Ireland at the moment are the 19,000+ NGOs (yes nineteen thousand) who fleece the taxpayer for more than 5 billion a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

The biggest grifters in Ireland at the moment are the 19,000+ NGOs (yes nineteen thousand) who fleece the taxpayer for more than 5 billion a year.

Can you elaborate on that a little?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Can you elaborate on that a little?

Ireland has more than 19,500 NGOs. And they get more than half of their annual 10.5 billion budget from the taxpayer.
    If you look it up you'll find several articles online.
    Do a bit of digging on how much they pay themselves and you'll be quite surprised.

The explanation for the brexit vote is outrageously misrepresented in Ireland. Mainstream media regularly pout it down to English nationalism and xenophobia.
    Oh I wasn't speaking of the xenophobia angle YF, more about the misleading information up to outright BS on the part of some of the Brexiteers regarding the funding flowing out of the UK to the EU and the like.

brexit-bus-nhs.jpg

And of all people I'm pretty far from "left wing".

• Advertisement

Oh I wasn't speaking of the xenophobia angle YF, more about the misleading information up to outright BS on the part of some of the Brexiteers regarding the funding flowing out of the UK to the EU and the like.

brexit-bus-nhs.jpg

And of all people I'm pretty far from "left wing".

It is one ad. There is no evidence that this ad swayed anyone.

Advertisement