Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Wing Grifters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

20Cent wrote: »
    Of course they are worse it's patently clear.

The worst anyone can come up with in this thread is David Pakman the most unassuming calm chap going.

But that wasn't your original claim.

So you do at least accept that there are left wing grifters then, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"My side are angels, its them others whats no good!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I'm claiming that there is no left wing equivalent to the far right grifter brigade that we see. People like Alex Jones, Tommy Robinson Katie Hopkins etc.

Prove me wrong by naming some and throw up some bids or whatnot.

Simples.com

I read your opening post, you still want people to prove you wrong.

I’m asking you why would I be bothered? Why do you think anyone should be bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Don't see anyone call it hate speech.

Man you really had to dig deep into the bowels of the fringe of the internet to find something to get offended about. Man periods lol.

I read your opening post, you still want people to prove you wrong.

I’m asking you why would I be bothered? Why do you think anyone should be bothered?

I'm not bothered answering that.

• Advertisement

I'm not bothered answering that.

Do you accept there are left wing grifters?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Do you accept there are left wing grifters?

There are absolutely people putting out utter waffle and then looking for donations on patreon and the like, yes.

Man, I hate the word 'grifter'..

Ya know 20cent..You come across as fairly stupid at times..

FTA69 wrote: »
    There are absolutely people putting out utter waffle and then looking for donations on patreon and the like, yes.

I'm asking 20cent if he believes there are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Man, I hate the word 'grifter'..

Ya know 20cent..You come across as fairly stupid at times..

Got spend your entire day doing something, fighting fascists on boards is his calling.

• Advertisement

Issues being challenged by the left:
    Racism, Fascism, Homophobia, Sexism, Discrimination, mass shooters, Poverty Climate Change.

Issues being challenged by the right:
    Men say they can have periods but I said they can't and someone on twitter was mean about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

My only experience of Alex Jones was on JRE podcast. It was highly entertaining to me. I also enjoyed listening to David Pakman on there too.
    Neither will be profiting from me though.
    More power to them if they can make a living from their audience.

Don't see anyone call it hate speech.

Man you really had to dig deep into the bowels of the fringe of the internet to find something to get offended about. Man periods lol.

Interesting tactic chief. I was pointing out the fact that you (and people like you) have no issue insulting the appearance of anyone you perceive to be Alt-right, yet it is usually people like you who claim it as hate speech/violence if someone you didn't like was doing it.

The bit about male periods was to represent whatever wacky Cause de jour the left are championing these days. You can substitute that for whatever Vox or wherever is telling you to believe. I didn't really have to look far. Just typed in Men can have periods into google.

You keep repeating that I am offended despite me saying on numerous occasions that I am not. I don't get offended very easily, especially not by WUM on boards.

Racism, Fascism, Homophobia, Sexism, Discrimination, mass shooters, Poverty Climate Change.

Men say they can have periods but I said they can't and someone on twitter was mean about it.

Now now. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy. You really do yourself no favours with this type of disingenuous posting.

This "analysis" really shows the level you are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My only experience of Alex Jones was on JRE podcast. It was highly entertaining to me. I also enjoyed listening to David Pakman on there too.
    Neither will be profiting from me though.
    More power to them if they can make a living from their audience.

You mean make a living by causing harm to the families of sandy hook familes? absolutely fantastic entertainment that is if you're deranged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Millionaire property developer, white-collar criminal, vineyard owner Mick Wallace reinvents himself as a left-wing man of the people. Grifter.

Former junkie, failed Hollywood actor with failed marriage to popstar Russell Brand suddenly realises that he was a Marxist proselytiser all along. Grifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

You mean make a living by causing harm to the families of sandy hook familes? absolutely fantastic entertainment that is if you're deranged.

As I said, my only experience of him is on that podcast and it was thoroughly entertaining to listen to and I’m not deranged at all.

Interesting tactic chief. I was pointing out the fact that you (and people like you) have no issue insulting the appearance of anyone you perceive to be Alt-right, yet it is usually people like you who claim it as hate speech/violence if someone you didn't like was doing it.

The bit about male periods was to represent whatever wacky Cause de jour the left are championing these days. You can substitute that for whatever Vox or wherever is telling you to believe. I didn't really have to look far. Just typed in Men can have periods into google.

You keep repeating that I am offended despite me saying on numerous occasions that I am not. I don't get offended very easily, especially not by WUM on boards.

Not really have you honestly ever heard a leftwing person talk about that. Bet never.

Not really have you honestly ever heard a leftwing person talk about that. Bet never.

I have heard transsexuals talk about male periods in real life.

I have heard members of the LGBT discussing self identification of gender in real life.

I have spoken in real life to Antifa activists who thought anyone who didn't 100% agree with their special brand of anti-fascism was a "literal" fascist.

I assume that, by the fact you asked me that, you are more the keyboard warrior type on here but someone who doesn't spout half the amount of guff about "grifters" to anyone you actually meet in person.

• Advertisement

I have heard transsexuals talk about male periods in real life.

I have heard members of the LGBT discussing self identification of gender in real life.

I have spoken in real life to Antifa activists who thought anyone who didn't 100% agree with their special brand of anti-fascism was a "literal" fascist.

I assume that, by the fact you asked me that, you are more the keyboard warrior type on here but someone who doesn't spout half the amount of guff about "grifters" to anyone you actually meet in person.

Must have been tough hearing about the man periods, was it worse than the two tours in Nam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

notobtuse wrote: »

This is how utterly fucked politics is in the US. I recognise two of those names, Frum and Brennan. Frum was one of the principal architects of the Iraq war and Brennan was a former CIA officer, 'left wing' eh?

These people are described as 'left-wing' because they are Trump critical. Trump is a moron. You don't have to be left or right to know that.

Must have been tough hearing about the man periods, was it worse than the two tours in Nam?

I will actually answer your snide response.

It was tough listening to these people speak about a subject that they believed in so passionately because I have the polar opposite opinion to theirs. When your views are so diametrically opposed, it can be tough to have the conversation, but I think that it is hugely important to listen to views and opinions which don't align with your own.

So while difficult, it wasn't worse than "the two tours in Nam" or whatever ****e you want to go on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,284 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It was tough listening to these people speak about a subject that they believed in so passionately because I have the polar opposite opinion to theirs. When your views are so diametrically opposed, it can be tough to have the conversation, but I think that it is hugely important to listen to views and opinions which don't align with your own.

So while difficult, it wasn't worse than "the two tours in Nam" or whatever ****e you want to go on about.

were you forced to listen? did they tie you to a chair perhaps?

were you forced to listen? did they tie you to a chair perhaps?

No, it was a conversation. Some conversations, especially ones involving emotive subjects, can be tough to have but that doesn't mean they aren't worth having.

Ok, but I'm sure most posters in this thread are curious and want to know how you ended up being stuck in a conversation about man periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I have heard transsexuals talk about male periods in real life ... I have heard members of the LGBT discussing self identification of gender in real life ... I have spoken in real life to Antifa activists

Out of interest, how do you find yourself in those people's company? How easy would it be for you to tune their issues out of your life if the bother you so much?

Ok, but I'm sure most posters in this thread are curious and want to know how you ended up being stuck in a conversation about man periods.

One of my closest friends is gay and has trans friends. I was at his housewarming and among the people there were his friends who are female to male trans.

Over the course of the night the whole issue regarding the tampons being made available in men's toilets was mentioned, (jokingly and lightheartedly it must be said) but then we ended up having a more serious chat about self ID'ing and they wanted to know my opinion on it. Gender neutral toilets were discussed and even the subject of sanitary products being made available to them even though they identified as men.

I never said I was stuck in a conversation.

Out of interest, how do you find yourself in those people's company? How easy would it be for you to tune their issues out of your life if the bother you so much?

I'm not bothered. I just hold very different opinions. I don't avoid people for fear that I will disagree with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

One of my closest friends is gay and has trans friends. I was at his housewarming and among the people there were his friends who are female to male trans.

Over the course of the night the whole issue regarding the tampons being made available in men's toilets was mentioned, (jokingly and lightheartedly it must be said) but then we ended up having a more serious chat about self ID'ing and they wanted to know my opinion on it. Gender neutral toilets were discussed and even the subject of sanitary products being made available to them even though they identified as men.

I never said I was stuck in a conversation.

They won't get that.

People who spend their lives as much as possible with people they 'identify' with, and who reinforce their own worldview, in their little safe spaces...

they just don't have your ability to converse with other perspectives.

Advertisement