Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Four - Family

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "An owl? One hasn't been seen in a long time. Do you know where we are right now Lysander or can you guess?"

'Is this the Abyss?'

Lysander looks around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    'Is this the Abyss?'

Lysander looks around him.
    "Yes. The owls are native to it, or rather to a deeper part of it we rarely go to. Some have told me that if you pass their realm you can reach the afterlife, but the worst part of it. None have done so in a long time, if any ever did. And none have journeyed to the owls in three hundred years and yet one sought you out.

What did it want?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Yes. The owls are native to it, or rather to a deeper part of it we rarely go to. Some have told me that if you pass their realm you can reach the afterlife, but the worst part of it. None have done so in a long time, if any ever did. And none have journeyed to the owls in three hundred years and yet one sought you out.

What did it want?"

'It assisted me with a problem. Bound the first member of a new clan to me. I am now in their debt.'

'It assisted me with a problem. Bound the first member of a new clan to me. I am now in their debt.'
    "Ah..."

She pauses.

"...so you have one of the ones under your sway. We thought as much. Good work.

They killed a great number of our kind long ago and they can be lethal creatures when roused to anger. Thus we avoid them. Their debts are usually heavy. We have a ritual that can protect you from them. One use, but I give it to you for free"

She extends his hand for Lysander to shake it.

"Ah..."

She pauses.

"...so you have one of the ones under your sway. We thought as much. Good work.

They killed a great number of our kind long ago and they can be lethal creatures when roused to anger. Thus we avoid them. Their debts are usually heavy. We have a ritual that can protect you from them. One use, but I give it to you for free"

She extends his hand for Lysander to shake it.

Lysander takes her hand, trying to keep the other powers rolling around in his body from surfacing as he does.

• Advertisement

He feels the ritual pour into him.

"Use it well. Now leave this place, for that is something that has being emerging in your blood. Being brought here was the little push you needed"

She sinks back into the Abyss.

OOC: Shadowstep gained. Lysander may enter and exit the Abyss (with some risk of Vitae loss). Enter any shadow near you and exit to any shadow in sight ("sight" here can be extended by technological or mystical means, e.g. you can exit a shadow you see through binoculars)

Lysander, feeling embibed by the power of the Abyss, is reluctant to leave.

'I could stay here forever, cloaked in the darkness... but I have a city to run.'

He leaves, trying out his new ability.

OOC: Just to the reptile house, let's not get too inventive yet :P

Lysander emerges from the shadows next to a young mortal couple who have wandered into the reptile house. They don't notice him yet.

Lysander emerges from the shadows next to a young mortal couple who have wandered into the reptile house. They don't notice him yet.

OOC: Domination still on.

Lysander makes for the door speaking aloud

'You never saw me here'

He makes it out no problem. Stepping out into the the main path through the zoo.

• Advertisement

He makes it out no problem. Stepping out into the the main path through the zoo.

Lysander heads back to the car park, dialing the number for Cock Robin on the way.

'Rob? Where are you? We should speak. Somewhere... secure. Do you know a place?'

"Lysander, yes I have somewhere. Down here with the other Nosferatu in the sewers under Hollywood, your Nosferatu Primogen Gary Golden has been kind enough to let me stay"

"Lysander, yes I have somewhere. Down here with the other Nosferatu in the sewers under Hollywood, your Nosferatu Primogen Gary Golden has been kind enough to let me stay"

'I'm on my way. Will be there shortly.'

Lysander heads for the Nosferatu sewers.

Lysander knowing his way from before reaches the Nosferatu burrows quick enough. Little rooms burrowed into the sewer walls filled with computers and tech. Gary Golden greets Lysander as he arrives, appearing out of nowhere.

"My Prince, to what do I owe the honour?"

BMU1tu.jpg

Lysander knowing his way from before reaches the Nosferatu burrows quick enough. Little rooms burrowed into the sewer walls filled with computers and tech. Gary Golden greets Lysander as he arrives, appearing out of nowhere.

"My Prince, to what do I owe the honour?"

Lysander smiles at Gary.

'Actually, I was wondering if there was anything I could help or assist your clan with Mr. Golden. I've spoken to most of the Primogens privately but not you.

And truth be told I'm also here to visit a mutual friend who is a guest of yours.'

"Ah Cock Robin, he is in the second room to the right behind me. No my Prince currently we are safe and sound here. Provided the city council don't plan to renovate at any point we're fine and our surveillance gear is up to date"

"Ah Cock Robin, he is in the second room to the right behind me. No my Prince currently we are safe and sound here. Provided the city council don't plan to renovate at any point we're fine and our surveillance gear is up to date"

'Should that matter become an issue, just contact me. I have... ways of ensuring they don't disturb you. Thanks for the heads up though. We shall talk soon I would expect.'

Lysander nods at Gary and makes his way to the second room on the right.

Cock Robin is seated in a room that contains nothing but the shítty Ikea plastic chair he is on and a mangy old mattress. He's reading some Dossiers.

"Hi Lysander. None other than Kevin Jackson is sending some of his cities folk here on a diplomatic mission, it's to inspect you as Prince on his behalf. I was informed because well I'm above you Princes in the Camarilla pecking order..." he laughs a little "...so what did you want to talk about?"

Cock Robin is seated in a room that contains nothing but the shítty Ikea plastic chair he is on and a mangy old mattress. He's reading some Dossiers.

"Hi Lysander. None other than Kevin Jackson is sending some of his cities folk here on a diplomatic mission, it's to inspect you as Prince on his behalf. I was informed because well I'm above you Princes in the Camarilla pecking order..." he laughs a little "...so what did you want to talk about?"

Lysander looks at Cock Robin warily.

'I dont suppose you read that letter then... there are wheels in motion already.'

"I did. It was blank. I assume only one of you Shadows can read it"

• Advertisement

"I did. It was blank. I assume only one of you Shadows can read it"

Lysander sighs.

'I was afraid of that. The elders of the Lasombra... I'd best not utter their name, I'm almost certain I'm being watched...

They have decided to join the Camarilla. The entire clan is transitioning from the Sabbat'

Cock Robin jumps out of his chair.

"What! The entire clan....from the Sabbat! We had no notion of this...I...I should contact the Council"

Cock Robin jumps out of his chair.

"What! The entire clan....from the Sabbat! We had no notion of this...I...I should contact the Council"

'Yes. The council have deemed the Sabbat's beliefs counter-productive. They didn't really believe in them anyways, but it kept the younger ones and their lust for power sated.

But my recent... well let's call it an ascension... has changed their mind.

In fact, I am to train 4 members in the ways of the Camarilla. This is how serious they are about it. 3 of them would probably kill Nostro without blinking, or so I am led to believe.

Pretty serious stuff then, yes? I'm glad I told you.'

"Damn right it's serious. Ill have to speak to the world council...you want to stay and meet them?" He looks Lysander in the eye. "No problem with me, but they might turn their attention to you. They can be a hard crowd to speak to"

"Damn right it's serious. Ill have to speak to the world council...you want to stay and meet them?" He looks Lysander in the eye. "No problem with me, but they might turn their attention to you. They can be a hard crowd to speak to"

Lysander looks back at Cock Robin.

'If this is to happen then someone will have to be the Lasombra representative anyways. I'm not saying that it will be me permanently, but....'

He shrugs nonchalantly.

'A Lasombra antitribu who happens to be mayor is probably as good as a spokeperson as we can get for now, at least.'

Cock Robin nods and then bites his own hand off in one sudden snap.

"Rough, but I need to do it for the ritual"

He traces sickly black blood over the ground and forms a circle around himself and Lysander.

The air wobbles and Lysander finds himself in a lush garden with a sign that reads:
    Jardin des vampires

"Paris kid...well slightly outside. The Versailles palace. Yeah a bit cliche, but this is where the world council manifests. Some of them really are here, others will meet us via projections"

Ooulqi.jpg

Lysander gestures to Rob.

'Lead on then. I am but your honoured guest.'

Lysander and Cock Robin head toward the palace itself where a door is opened for them into a luxurious hall with a massive grandfather clock. At the stairs an impeccably dressed and handsome mortal of about 6' 7'' stands at the bottom of the stairs in a waiter's outfit.

"Justicar Robin and Prince Karpov. The Inner Circle wishes you well and is pleased to see you here. Mistress Fanchon will be dealing with you. While you wait anything you would like? Peasants from your native region perhaps Prince Karpov? There is a bottle around here I'm sure"

Lysander and Cock Robin head toward the palace itself where a door is opened for them into a luxurious hall with a massive grandfather clock. At the stairs an impeccably dressed and handsome mortal of about 6' 7'' stands at the bottom of the stairs in a waiter's outfit.

"Justicar Robin and Prince Karpov. The Inner Circle wishes you well and is pleased to see you here. Mistress Fanchon will be dealing with you. While you wait anything you would like? Peasants from your native region perhaps Prince Karpov? There is a bottle around here I'm sure"

Lysander smiles.

'Peasants will be fine, thank you....?

I didn't catch your name.'

• Advertisement

Lysander smiles.

'Peasants will be fine, thank you....?

I didn't catch your name.'
    "Luiz my lord" he bows and heads out through a set of double doors that he closes behind him.

"Fanchon..." Cock Robin muses "...she's pretty reasonable. She's the Tremere clan member, probably the best blood sorcery user on the planet....damn Tremere, they can get so powerful while still looking normal. Not like me or you" he says nodding to Lysander's feet where his shadow isn't human but a strange tendrilled thing.

"There's a a ritual on this place to show our true selves. Fanchon will probably cast a stronger version of it to make sure we are who we say we are"

Advertisement