Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Four - Family

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Hey Kid" Cock Robin greets him "Prince, nice step on the path to an Archon, remember I got my eye on you for that job my protégé. Do this Prince gig for a few decades and then join me wondering the country and dealing out justice"

He shakes Lysander's hand with as close to a smile as his bizarre features allow.

"Ly...that was a scary two years. I'm glad you're back and that you're in control. You have all you want now?"

She asks the last question hopefully.

Lysander shrugs.

'For now Clarissa. I am certainly happy with my standing. And it would not have been possible without either of you.'

He turns to Cock Robin.

'Rob, I'll definitely take you up on that when I have proven myself. Are you a Kansas fan by any chance? I have this image of us leaving town to one of their songs....'

He smiles and winks at Clarissa.

'Possibly a bit of an old song for your vintage, but I'd reckon you'd like it. And you Clarissa, are you happy?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

She pauses.

"Yeah, I'm happy now" she smiles. "Just hope there are no more surprises"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

She pauses.

"Yeah, I'm happy now" she smiles. "Just hope there are no more surprises"

'Well bad surprises, I definitely agree with you. You should stay with me again now Clarissa, the penthouse is fabulous! Nostro will be very busy trying to assert control. He is very young, but he is ready.

But he will face difficulties I think, 2 years and a Primogen... others will start getting notions.'

Lysander shakes his head.

'A problem for another night. I must take my leave shortly, a Prince's work is never done and all that razzmatazz.'

Clarissa doesn't hide her excite at living with Lysander again very well.

"Well good luck Ly. I'll take a look at the penthouse suite while you're gone"

Lysander nods to Cock Robin and whispers to him

'I trust you implicitly my friend. Read this and then burn it. I need to go and find out what they want though.'

He hugs Cock Robin and whilst doing so slides the letter from the Amici Noctis into his jacket.

'I shall see you later, at least I hope I will.'

Lysander nods at him and makes for the parking lot, and onwards to the zoo.

• Advertisement

Lysander gets to the zoo in short order. The place is still open to mortals. Walking around most of the major animal exhibits he sees no obvious sign of other Kindred

ewNcu7.jpg

Lysander gets to the zoo in short order. The place is still open to mortals. Walking around most of the major animal exhibits he sees no obvious sign of other Kindred

Lysander attempts to sense any Kindred in the area, still walking around and perusing the exhibits.

OOC: Domination off at the moment

Lysander gets a strong sensation from the direction of the reptile house. Coming closer he notices there are no human heart beats within the reptile house and everybody who comes near suddenly decides against entering.

Lysander gets a strong sensation from the direction of the reptile house. Coming closer he notices there are no human heart beats within the reptile house and everybody who comes near suddenly decides against entering.

Lysander approaches cautiously, trying to get a sense for the power levels nearby.

As he nears the doors he does sense a strong presence. Multiple strong presences. With his hand on the door handle he feels his beast wants to run and flee, terrified at the monsters within.

• Advertisement

As he nears the doors he does sense a strong presence. Multiple strong presences. With his hand on the door handle he feels his beast wants to run and flee, terrified at the monsters within.

Lysander shakes his head.

'No... I will face whatever is within.'

OOC: Domination On

Fighting his impulses he opens the door.

A few people near the reptile house drop to their knees with tears at Lysnader's magnificence.

As he enters he sees the reptile house is a nest of trees with windows embedded in them to view the snakes and lizards.

Suddenly a voice calls out from nowhere. No from his blood.

"So you accepted. Why?"

A few people near the reptile house drop to their knees with tears at Lysnader's magnificence.

As he enters he sees the reptile house is a nest of trees with windows embedded in them to view the snakes and lizards.

Suddenly a voice calls out from nowhere. No from his blood.

"So you accepted. Why?"

'For the betterment of the clan. And because the offer intrigued me. I am here to listen... for now at least.'

"And which is more important, you or the clan?"

"And which is more important, you or the clan?"

Lysander shrugs.

'I have... everything right now. I am a Prince, dragged up from nothing as an Antitribu. I don't need any more power... but if it can drag the Lasombra from the old ways into the new way of thinking - then I am on board.

Both are important, but in this matter - the clan comes first.'

"You did well against the first of us. He had not regained his full strength yet, he was weaker than we, still the sire-childe bond would have prevented us from attacking him though we are two or three generations removed.

But you? So far removed and yet so powerful. The perfect one to stand against him. For that alone you are worthy to be among us friends. Come let us speak face to face"

Lysander sees the shadows in the reptile house pull into one location, then left a foot into the air and turn into a hovering pitch black sphere.

"Step in" the voice asks.

"You did well against the first of us. He had not regained his full strength yet, he was weaker than we, still the sire-childe bond would have prevented us from attacking him though we are two or three generations removed.

But you? So far removed and yet so powerful. The perfect one to stand against him. For that alone you are worthy to be among us friends. Come let us speak face to face"

Lysander sees the shadows in the reptile house pull into one location, then left a foot into the air and turn into a hovering pitch black sphere.

"Step in" the voice asks.

Lysander obliges and steps in. He can feel himself naturally tensing and trying to draw the shadows to him for comfort but fights it for now.

Lysander finds himself in a completely black void as he walks across it ripples spread out beneath his feet. Ahead nine columns rise out of the black liquid beneath his feet and slowly obtain a human shape, but still no human features or skin, more like a mannequin made of shadow.

"Lysander Karpov, welcome. Are you ready to be tested so that you might join us?"

Lysander finds himself in a completely black void as he walks across it ripples spread out beneath his feet. Ahead nine columns rise out of the black liquid beneath his feet and slowly obtain a human shape, but still no human features or skin, more like a mannequin made of shadow.

"Lysander Karpov, welcome. Are you ready to be tested so that you might join us?"

'I have come this far. No turning back now even if I wanted to, I would muse.

Yes. I am ready.'

"Excellent..." one of the beings speaks "...we would ask you to kill one close to you. How would you respond?"

• Advertisement

"Excellet..." one of the beings speaks "...we would ask you to kill one close to you. How would you respond?"

'That would depend on the bond. Some I would die to defend.

Others....'

He looks at the shadowy figures in turn.

'Others... I am more open to that possibility.'

"So you still have sentimental attachment?" one says in a quizzical tone. Their voices give no hint of gender and the accent is american with no regional traits. Though Lysander can sense this is put on.

Another responds "One can die to defend one's best tools. To give them up would bring you lower, some among us argue that you must always strive to move higher, being lowered is worse than death. I think what we should ask is do you care for them?"

"So you still have sentimental attachment?" one says in a quizzical tone. Their voices give no hint of gender and the accent is american with no regional traits. Though Lysander can sense this is put on.

Another responds "One can die to defend one's best tools. To give them up would bring you lower, some among us argue that you must always strive to move higher, being lowered is worse than death. I think what we should ask is do you care for them?"

Lysander thinks momentarily.

'One's best tools can sometimes be those that are close to you. It is not sentimental... more - means to an end. But those means are also precious - treat them correctly, and it can be mutually beneficial.'

They look among each other.

"An interesting perspective. We would not ask such a thing, the Friends would not ask this of one of our own. We respect your tools and your need for them.

No. Instead we tell you that we have decided to take the clan formally out of the Sabbat. None of us among the Friends believed in that daft religion, but many younger Sabbat do and we thought it best for the clan. First as a defence against the oldest of our kind. The Camarilla do not believe in the old ones, where as the Sabbat are obsessed with killing them. Also in the Camarilla we would be next to those vampires most like us, the Ventrue. We both crave power and we feared the struggle between us we lead to heavy losses.

However the greatest threat is no longer the ancients, but organized humanity. The human governments and their new task forces who have learned of us and the Sabbat have become more mindlessly fanatical since some of the ancients arose in Turkey two years ago.

Would you help us with this transfer?"

They look among each other.

"An interesting perspective. We would not ask such a thing, the Friends would not ask this of one of our own. We respect your tools and your need for them.

No. Instead we tell you that we have decided to take the clan formally out of the Sabbat. None of us among the Friends believed in that daft religion, but many younger Sabbat do and we thought it best for the clan. First as a defence against the oldest of our kind. The Camarilla do not believe in the old ones, where as the Sabbat are obsessed with killing them. Also in the Camarilla we would be next to those vampires most like us, the Ventrue. We both crave power and we feared the struggle between us we lead to heavy losses.

However the greatest threat is no longer the ancients, but organized humanity. The human governments and their new task forces who have learned of us and the Sabbat have become more mindlessly fanatical since some of the ancients arose in Turkey two years ago.

Would you help us with this transfer?"

Lysander relaxes a little.

'That was my goal anyways, if I can be frank with you. I aimed to build a power base strong enough that the Lasombra could not resist the lure of joining.

When they see how one can rise up, and control large chunks of a country without the need for such... savagery.

So our goals, whilst coming from different bases seem to align perfectly.'

Necro wrote: »
    Lysander relaxes a little.

'That was my goal anyways, if I can be frank with you. I aimed to build a power base strong enough that the Lasombra could not resist the lure of joining.

When they see how one can rise up, and control large chunks of a country without the need for such... savagery.

So our goals, whilst coming from different bases seem to align perfectly.'
    "Wonderful"

Eight of them vanish and only one remains. Slowly human features emerge

h4cKX1.jpg

"Hello Lysander I am Demba Makemba Adoula" she does a short bow.

"It was I who suggested you should join us and it is I who will ask a favour of you for the clan. We want to set up a Camarilla Lasombra clan in Chicago. We have gathered candidates to form. Four excellent members of our clan. We would ask you to take them in. Formally they will be under your childe Nostro, but in truth three of them are stronger and so it is really you they will answer to.

Will you do this. To show them the ropes of being a Camarilla member so that they won't embarrass us in Chicago? Both are former Sabbat members. We destroyed their church all members but them, since we sensed they didn't really believe it"

"Wonderful"

Eight of them vanish and only one remains. Slowly human features emerge

"Hello Lysander I am Demba Makemba Adoula" she does a short bow.

"It was I who suggested you should join us and it is I who will ask a favour of you for the clan. We want to set up a Camarilla Lasombra clan in Chicago. We have gathered candidates to form. Four excellent members of our clan. We would ask you to take them in. Formally they will be under your childe Nostro, but in truth three of them are stronger and so it is really you they will answer to.

Will you do this. To show them the ropes of being a Camarilla member so that they won't embarrass us in Chicago? Both are former Sabbat members. We destroyed their church all members but them, since we sensed they didn't really believe it"

Lysander bows.

'It would be my honour. As long as they are willing, then it will not be a problem.

And if they are not...'

Lysander's eyes glow but he does not push his power towards Demba.

'I will rip the Sabbat thoughts clean from their minds.'

"Good!" she smiles "Keep the Kindred but change their mind, we are glad you are not wasteful"

"Now we are Friends truly. And so I wonder, would you ask something of me?"

"Good!" she smiles "Keep the Kindred but change their mind, we are glad you are not wasteful"

"Now we are Friends truly. And so I wonder, would you ask something of me?"

Lysander thinks for a long time after this question. So many questions... but one which has been in his mind for a long time comes to the fore.

'Do you know of the owl? What are they? That is all I ask right now. There may come a time soon when I have to repay a debt to this creature.... but I do not know if they are Kindred, or something else entirely.'

• Advertisement

"An owl? One hasn't been seen in a long time. Do you know where we are right now Lysander or can you guess?"

Advertisement