Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotCE - To the Lakes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

To kick him in the balls, Brisbane style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Fourier wrote: »
    He arrives in Carriage Eight, a fairly bare cabin carrying large crates with the names of some of the guests on them.

One small box draws his eye, it has a Soviet Bear sticker on it.

ccbOvq.jpg

Alexander checks can he open the box to inspect the contents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Pter wrote: »
    To kick him in the balls, Brisbane style.
    OOC: 2d6 + 3, +2 from Melee, +1 from the opening

Fourier wrote:
    OOC: 2d6 + 3, +2 from Melee, +1 from the opening

OOC: Eep a 7

tritium wrote: »
    Alexander checks can he open the box to inspect the contents
    Inside he finds a key to the train engine, with a note.

"Use as you wish, but sparingly of course - F"

OOC: Eep a 7
    As Chris's foot sails upward toward the killer's groin, he catches it and attempts to stab Chris in the leg. Luckily Chris twists his leg out in time, only receiving a nick from the arm blades.

The assassin then dives past Chris and rolls just beyond Otto's body to the window. He draws a pistol...

OOC: Your turn to act

His aim is slightly off, hitting Chris in the leg. Chris feels a searing pain, but manages to stand and close the distance between them.

OOC: You've time to act once again

Christopher grabs the trophy again and aims for the man in blacks head this time

Inside he finds a key to the train engine, with a note.

"Use as you wish, but sparingly of course - F"

Alexander pockets the key then takes a quick check of the other items to see if there’s anything of interest

(OOC do they have right names on them, can I check hetas storage to confirm what she looks like etc

Would be very helpful if bloodroot or fawkes has items here also :D

Ooc2: the key gets me into the front part of the train, I.e the bit that goes choo choo right?)

• Advertisement

OOC: Stay away from my fine wines Trit.

OOC: Off for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Apparently somebody has been badly injured in one of the first class cabins on Carriage Three.

Heta is intrigued. She heads up the train towards the front to see if this has anything to do with Fawkes.

Meryl sneaks past the train staff and sets off towards carriage three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

"Eh...Mizuki, room?" she asks with a big smile on her face pointing up the train to the cabin carriages.

Yeah absolutely i can check out what your room looks like...

But it seems like we have to remain here for a while.

No bother. Will you have a drink ?

Christopher grabs the trophy again and aims for the man in blacks head this time
    As the trophy sails toward his head the Man in Black's quick reflexes allow him to grab it sharply.

Just then the Manager begins to stir. The Man in Black retracts one of his blades and pins the Manager to the ground, then places the release point of the blade to the poor man's temple.

"Let me out of here Christopher or you'll have a civilian death on your hands"

• Advertisement

Alexander pockets the key then takes a quick check of the other items to see if there’s anything of interest

(OOC do they have right names on them, can I check hetas storage to confirm what she looks like etc

Would be very helpful if bloodroot or fawkes has items here also :D

Ooc2: the key gets me into the front part of the train, I.e the bit that goes choo choo right?)
    Looking around he does find a suitcase with Heta's name on it. Lifting it seems to be empty, but it has her cabin number, 402.

OOC: Indeed, the choo choo core as it were

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Heta is intrigued. She heads up the train towards the front to see if this has anything to do with Fawkes.
    She finds the spot easily enough. Two members of staff block passage to the cabins on the third carriage.

"Sorry miss, no further" a tall lanky one says.

Meryl sneaks past the train staff and sets off towards carriage three
    She arrives just behind Heta, two members of staff are blocking passage to cabins beyond 301 and 302.

Christopher steps out of the way of the cabin door and holds his hands up in acquiescence.

Yeah absolutely i can check out what your room looks like...

But it seems like we have to remain here for a while.

No bother. Will you have a drink ?
    "Oh no trouble, my room now, have special access" she says with a wink.

• Advertisement

Christopher steps out of the way of the cabin door and holds his hands up in acquiescence.
    "Smart" the Man in Black says flatly, before letting go of the Manager.

He opens the cabin door slowly...

opentarget wrote: »
    Leaving the bathroom Eli heads back to the bar.
    At the bar he goes to order a coffee and overhears some staff talking about some commotion in first class.
    Eli slips away and heads to try and get into t he first class carriage to see what is going on.
    Eli has had time to reach First Class before the current members of staff blockaded it. When he arrived there was no obvious source of the commotion except passengers being kept in the seating area.

First Class Hallway:
    Meryl and Heta see a man in almost ninja gear emerge from room 305. Upon seeing Meryl he jerks his head in shock and quickly begins to dart up the hall toward Eli, who sees him approaching.

OOC: All of you have a chance to describe what you're doing next

Christopher calls out for help and a doctor.

Meryl recognises the man too and intends on catching him.

Meryl tells the two guards that she is a medic and insist they let her past.

Christopher calls out for help and a doctor.
    Meryl recognises the man too and intends on catching him.

Meryl tells the two guards that she is a medic and insist they let her past.
    After hearing Chris's call for help, the staff are too in shock to disagree with what Meryl is saying.

"Yeah...yes Miss please go ahead"

They step out of the way, the shorter one white with worry.

Looking around he does find a suitcase with Heta's name on it. Lifting it seems to be empty, but it has her cabin number, 402.

OOC: Indeed, the choo choo core as it were
    OOC: Stay away from my fine wines Trit.

Alexander leaves and heads back to the bar. On the way out he’s spots a bottle of wine sticking crudely from a luggage container. He inspects the label: Chateau Margaux! And a decent year! What sort of barbarian buys great wine and stores it so badly. The name on the luggage is Christopher Hemsworthy-Alexander considers he should share a bottle of wine with the man before the journeys over! :D

Slipping back into the bar it’s clear he’s missed some sort commotion. Access out is blocked for now and everyone is engaged in hushed chatter. Alexander has a good look around to see what has changed since he left. He notices the friendly older gent is no longer there. He begins to consider the other drinkers....

Meryl pushes the guards out of the way. She pauses briefly to look into the room. She then turns to Christopher and says “sorry, I’m no medic. I’m after him” pointing at the man in black. She heads on.

"Oh no trouble, my room now, have special access" she says with a wink.

Sean doesnt need to be asked twice and pops out of his chair .

After you my dear ....

First Class Hallway:
    Meryl and Heta see a man in almost ninja gear emerge from room 305. Upon seeing Meryl he jerks his head in shock and quickly begins to dart up the hall toward Eli, who sees him approaching.

OOC: All of you have a chance to describe what you're doing next

Heta dashes after Meryl and the ninja.

• Advertisement

Christopher calls out again for help for the manager.

Carriage Three Exit:
    Heta and Meryl chase the Ninja to the door to Carriage Two, where he pulls down on an emergency handle and then kicks open the fire door.

The wind from outside rushes in with a chilling gust, he looks about and leaps for the ladder to the roof, just making it. He begins the climb.

Christopher calls out again for help for the manager.
    Two attendants rush in.

"The woman said she was...oh jesus!" one faints upon seeing the scene. The other just shouts "Shít! I'll get help" his feet wobbling as he exits.

Alexander leaves and heads back to the bar. On the way out he’s spots a bottle of wine sticking crudely from a luggage container. He inspects the label: Chateau Margaux! And a decent year! What sort of barbarian buys great wine and stores it so badly. The name on the luggage is Christopher Hemsworthy-Alexander considers he should share a bottle of wine with the man before the journeys over! :D

Slipping back into the bar it’s clear he’s missed some sort commotion. Access out is blocked for now and everyone is engaged in hushed chatter. Alexander has a good look around to see what has changed since he left. He notices the friendly older gent is no longer there. He begins to consider the other drinkers....
    A young man white as a ghost rushes into the bar.

"Is there a doctor here?" he shouts.

OOC: Where’s our mission impossible music? :D

Meryl feels the adrenaline rush to her head. A much better feeling than a headache any day.

She turns to Heta and smiles then quickly climbs the ladder.

OOC: is Heta wearing a posh frock???

A young man white as a ghost rushes into the bar.

"Is there a doctor here?" he shouts.

Alexander approaches with a feigned look of great worry “ please you must tell me what’s happening. Is everyone ok?”

OOC: She is now!:D

Meryl feels the adrenaline rush to her head. A much better feeling than a headache any day.

Meryl reaches the door to climb the ladder, the enormous speeds of the air blowing the air into her face. She takes a few steps back and leaps with all her might toward the ladder...

OOC: Go here, and type #2d6 + 3
    This is to see if you make it to the ladder

Heta curses herself for wearing a posh long frock and tries to ascertain where the ninja is heading to see if she can follow them from inside the train.

• Advertisement

Alexander approaches with a feigned look of great worry “ please you must tell me what’s happening. Is everyone ok?”
    "Sir...eh...there's been a murder..." he says all of a sudden forgetting himself. A collective gasp erupts from the bar. Knowing he didn't handle that well he looks around at the guests nervously, before looking back to Alexander and continuing "...the manager is also badly hurt"

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Heta curses herself for wearing a posh long frock and tries to ascertain where the ninja is heading to see if she can follow them from inside the train.
    Heta quickly realises from her own Stealth training that he probably plans to move along Carriage Two to the access window atop Carriage One.

OOC: Stealth training means you would have learned in advance how the basic layout of the train might be used for sneaking purposes

Heta quickly realises from her own Stealth training that he probably plans to move along Carriage Two to the access window atop Carriage One.

OOC: Stealth training means you would have learned in advance how the basic layout of the train might be used for sneaking purposes

[OOC: I did actually draw out a layout of the train carriage. Talk about getting into character. lol]

Heta consults the map in her head and realises that he's heading past Fawkes carriage. She doesn't know who's in carriage 1 but heads that way anyway to see if she can head him off. She wonders why he felt the need to go outside the train rather than just pass by Fawkes' door. Odd.....

Meryl reaches the door to climb the ladder, the enormous speeds of the air blowing the air into her face. She takes a few steps back and leaps with all her might toward the ladder...
    ...she sails through the air landing with such accuracy on the ladder she barely breaks her pace and speeds upward three rungs at a time. She reaches the top of the ladder with the Man in Black only a few meters in front of her. He is moving quickly, but lacks her agility as she bounds along the carriage roof. He is almost upon him...

OOC: Up to you what to do next, Jump at him, shoot, whatever you want

OOC: oooh, I forgot I had a revolver.

Meryl knows that using a gun atop a speeding train may be a waste of time so she rushes after the man with the intent of bringing him down by grabbing his ankles.

OOC: Off now

• Advertisement

OOC: you do this on purpose!

OOC: oooh, I forgot I had a revolver.

Meryl knows that using a gun atop a speeding train may be a waste of time

Ooc - that hurt my head. Im off to google physics :)

Ooc - that hurt my head. Im off to google physics :)

OOC: I haven’t a notion what I’m talking about :D
    Trajectory, that’s the bleedin’ word I wanted to use!!

"Sir...eh...there's been a murder..." he says all of a sudden forgetting himself. A collective gasp erupts from the bar. Knowing he didn't handle that well he looks around at the guests nervously, before looking back to Alexander and continuing "...the manager is also badly hurt"

Alexander knows he needs to get out there to assess the situation. His only option is to try to take control. He approaches the staff member and places a hand on his shoulder “ it’s all right, you’re shaken, that’s understandable”.
    Then to the room “anyone with any medical knowledge, please, come with me. Even basic first aid may be important- now is not a time to be modest”
    He turns back to the staff member, noting he appears to be on unfamiliar ground
    “ it is important that you control any panic in here now. People will be worried if a murder has happened . Please can you have your men spread out and reassure the passengers in here. I’m going to take whomever volunteers over to the manager to see what we can do to help. do you understand” he nods suggestively at the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Alexander knows he needs to get out there to assess the situation. His only option is to try to take control. He approaches the staff member and places a hand on his shoulder “ it’s all right, you’re shaken, that’s understandable”.
    Then to the room “anyone with any medical knowledge, please, come with me. Even basic first aid may be important- now is not a time to be modest”
    He turns back to the staff member, noting he appears to be on unfamiliar ground
    “ it is important that you control any panic in here now. People will be worried if a murder has happened . Please can you have your men spread out and reassure the passengers in here. I’m going to take whomever volunteers over to the manager to see what we can do to help. do you understand” he nods suggestively at the man
    Aurora steps forward: “I know the basics in first aid, how can I help?” Her last foray into lifesaving didn’t do much, but they were desperate on the train.
    He arrives in Carriage Eight, a fairly bare cabin carrying large crates with the names of some of the guests on them.

One small box draws his eye, it has a Soviet Bear sticker on it.

ccbOvq.jpg

Aurora glances quickly and sees the box. The picture looks familiar. She thinks it may have been on a book mark in the book she borrowed from Jacques.

• Advertisement
Advertisement