Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drones - General Discussion.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Glad you got it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 waliver

Hey guys,
    Anyone know what the roles are like in relation to drones been shot down by neighboring farmers?
    If you get permission from a farmer to fly on his land but a neighboring farmers shoots you down while still flying over the first farmers land and flying with in IAA roles. Can you call the Garda or where do you stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

waliver wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Anyone know what the roles are like in relation to drones been shot down by neighboring farmers?
    If you get permission from a farmer to fly on his land but a neighboring farmers shoots you down while still flying over the first farmers land and flying with in IAA roles. Can you call the Garda or where do you stand?

Any more info?

How high we're you flying, were you flying his way... Ect

I use “DroneDeploy”
    Sometimes I’ll fly a grid over the land with the camera facing down never going outside the land of ownership and I find a height of 60-70 meters gets good shots.
    But I worry in the back of my head as to the safety of my drone with some neighbors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

waliver wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    .. Can you call the Garda or where do you stand?

The guys over on the hunting forum seem sure of the answer

Its illegal to shoot drones from the sky - and if it lands by accident in his field he cannot keep it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057626395&page=2

“Roll it back”

Thanks for that reply.
    That was very helpful.

Anyone with a DJI Phantom 4 had issues with most recent firmware updates?

Advertisement