Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Gazza434 wrote: »
    very little communication + effort is made, its a long waiting game.
    hopefully itll be worth it in the end. :P :D

Well we sure have resilience covered for the next campaign anyways if this gets scrapped ha 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

My vetting only came through recently which makes me think something is in the pipeline. Why would they bother wasting time with the back office / vetting if they had no intention of using our files?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    I've been getting that generic email since 2019. When will that be ? How long away ? They would really wanna make more of an effort and contact us to let us know the current situation regarding our applications

It’s a pain that’s the only response they give. Are you waiting on PCT or have you everything done?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gazza434

St. Westy wrote: »
    Well we sure have resilience covered for the next campaign anyways if this gets scrapped ha ��

thats a fact, i dont think anything will be scrapped just pushed out is all.
    this whole year has been more or less ruined by covid. hopefully it wont affect next year.

at least when we have made it through templemore we can look back at this time at how our resiliency helped us through :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

AD07 wrote: »
    It’s a pain that’s the only response they give. Are you waiting on PCT or have you everything done?

I have everything completed. I was told that I didnt have to redo the fitness just the medical but heard nothing about that either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Passed my Medical in January. When will it run out? Is it every 6 months you’ve to redo it or what?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    I have everything completed. I was told that I didnt have to redo the fitness just the medical but heard nothing about that either.

When did they tell you that you need to re-do the medical?? I’m expecting to have to redo it but haven’t heard anything from them, I did my medical may 2019

When did they tell you that you need to re-do the medical?? I’m expecting to have to redo it but haven’t heard anything from them, I did my medical may 2019

I was told by a previous candidate. Medical is valid for a year, between 1 year and 18 months you may be required to grt a letter signed by your gp to state that your medical history hasn't changed.

After 18 months you need to resit the medical examination

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

I have passed everything and am waiting to be called. I emailed HR yesterday to check on my application and now it turns out my medical has expired and I’ve to redo it. Is anyone else in this situation or have any idea when the next medical will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I have passed everything and am waiting to be called. I emailed HR yesterday to check on my application and now it turns out my medical has expired and I’ve to redo it. Is anyone else in this situation or have any idea when the next medical will be.

When did you do your medical ?

• Advertisement

GavK wrote: »

March 2019

GavK wrote: »

March 2019

i emailed them just now cause my medical was march 2019 aswell.
    this is what i got back

Dear Applicant,

We refer to your email below.

Medical examinations remain valid for 12 months. Physical competence tests do not have to be repeated. Should you be required to attend another medical we will be in touch in due course. However please be aware there are currently no medicals being arranged for Garda Trainees.

Regards

i emailed them just now cause my medical was march 2019 aswell.
    this is what i got back

Dear Applicant,

We refer to your email below.

Medical examinations remain valid for 12 months. Physical competence tests do not have to be repeated. Should you be required to attend another medical we will be in touch in due course. However please be aware there are currently no medicals being arranged for Garda Trainees.

Regards

My reply from them

As it has been more than 18 months since your completed your Medical you will be required to redo your Medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Where are you originally from?

I’m Irish ☘️

I’m Irish ☘️

id say we all be lucky to get in by 2022. :O :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Gazza434 wrote: »
    id say we all be lucky to get in by 2022. :O :P :D

Ah don’t be saying that, always look on the bright side- Garda trainees are back in the college from what I’ve heard.

Are people thinking all these lockdowns in Dublin Donegal etc are going to effect intakes, PCTs and medicals?

• Advertisement

Are people thinking all these lockdowns in Dublin Donegal etc are going to effect intakes, PCTs and medicals?

Can’t imagine it will help. It’s still good to see that training for the previous intakes has restarted, one thing the HR are great at is giving f*ck all notice when you do get called so be prepared cause the call could come sooner than we think even with covid going on

another Friday gone with no update again re pt's/medicals.
    January id say. :D

Can’t imagine it will help. It’s still good to see that training for the previous intakes has restarted, one thing the HR are great at is giving f*ck all notice when you do get called so be prepared cause the call could come sooner than we think even with covid going on

Ya it’s so hard to stay motivated for it

Ya it’s so hard to stay motivated for it

It’s absolute torture at this stage, I wish they could understand how much a little bit more information would mean to us all, I get that their dealing with covid etc but surely they have some sort of plan in place, even information on how the current intakes are progressing would be something

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Charlie Swa

At this stage there will be no new intakes for 2020.(this is due to social distancing in College)

Intakes 201,202, 193 & 203 need to be sorted first.max the college can cater at a time is 150.

The propose plan is to have 6 intakes 2021.

21(1) - 150 intake starting 04/01/21
    21(2) - 75 intake starting 01/03/21
    21 (3) - 150 intake starting 03/05/21

Phase 1: consist of new training programme
    3 weeks online
    1 week in College
    16 weeks in Station

Hope this helps!

At this stage there will be no new intakes for 2020.(this is due to social distancing in College)

Intakes 201,202, 193 & 203 need to be sorted first.max the college can cater at a time is 150.

3 weeks online
    1 week in College
    16 weeks in Station

Hope this helps!

Where was this information ?

3 weeks online
    1 week in College
    16 weeks in Station

Hope this helps![/quote

Great news if it’s true, would love to know the source? At least we have some idea on action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

3 weeks online
    1 week in College
    16 weeks in Station

Hope this helps!

Great news if true. If they are planning an intake in January 2021 then they will surely have fitness tests in 2020. I hope this isn't a wind up.

Seems like an awfully large influx of very specific information, as far as including dates, slap bang in the middle of an extremely uncertain time.

Would be fantastic if thats accurate, but given every 2 pages you can look back and find a rumor which didn't hold true, I'm going to temper my excitement on this for now.

• Advertisement

Zux wrote: »
    Seems like an awfully large influx of very specific information, as far as including dates, slap bang in the middle of an extremely uncertain time.

Would be fantastic if thats accurate, but given every 2 pages you can look back and find a rumor which didn't hold true, I'm going to temper my excitement on this for now.

I agree!! I’m hoping he might back that up with a source

Advertisement