Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Redriddick wrote: »
    Went to have a look to change my card and the new card is already setup????
    If it's a replacement for an expired card, your issuer will have automatically forwarded the new card details to any merchants you have recurring payments with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Quackster wrote: »
    If it's a replacement for an expired card, your issuer will have automatically forwarded the new card details to any merchants you have recurring payments with.

Hope it works for payment next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    You should be on the Irish NF site without VPN while chatting with customer care. let them add the card and charge you for Irish subscription .cancel it next day and let the subscription expire. when expired turn on your VPN and log in to NF turkey and restart your subscription. in my case revolut , N26 and curve card didn't worked but monese card worked without contacting customer care.

Thanks Jusvi - hope this works. It's been breaking my heart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Can anyone on thread confirm revolut is working for future payments . I have setup a new account from irish Netflix region and cancelled straight away. So now just waiting until expires and will vpn to turkey and renew.
    Or should I update payment details to my Irish credit card (don’t use curve)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Danmj

Can anyone on thread confirm revolut is working for future payments . I have setup a new account from irish Netflix region and cancelled straight away. So now just waiting until expires and will vpn to turkey and renew.
    Or should I update payment details to my Irish credit card (don’t use curve)

I only signed up a week or 2 ago and I setup payments with aib card as it wouldn't take revolut, I got onto Netflix chat and they changed my payment to revolut. I have since cancelled irish subscription and waiting for it to expire before trying to subscribe to Turkey. I think from reading previous posts this is the route to take

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Danmj wrote: »
    I only signed up a week or 2 ago and I setup payments with aib card as it wouldn't take revolut, I got onto Netflix chat and they changed my payment to revolut. I have since cancelled irish subscription and waiting for it to expire before trying to subscribe to Turkey. I think from reading previous posts this is the route to take

I have successfully setup an Irish Netflix account with Revolut my only worry is after cancellation lapses and I vpn via turkey and renew will this work successfully via Revolut if anyone has successfully done this recently would like to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I have successfully setup an Irish Netflix account with Revolut my only worry is after cancellation lapses and I vpn via turkey and renew will this work successfully via Revolut if anyone has successfully done this recently would like to know

Yeah mine's with Revolut now for a long while with no issues. As someone else mentioned, add your Irish mobile no. in the account as well just in case it needs to verify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

So I was on Argentina for a year and a half, but cancelled it last week due to the increase. It expired last night, so I went on this morning with Speedify, but have been getting the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use" message. The card I am trying is still the same card as was on the account for the Argentina sub.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

So I was on Argentina for a year and a half, but cancelled it last week due to the increase. It expired last night, so I went on this morning with Speedify, but have been getting the "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use" message. The card I am trying is still the same card as was on the account for the Argentina sub.

Any suggestions?

I'm "living" in Argentina myself and may do the same thing. Best of luck with that and please do let us know how you get on.
    Are you using a Revolut card, btw?

I'm "living" in Argentina myself and may do the same thing. Best of luck with that and please do let us know how you get on.
    Are you using a Revolut card, btw?

No, left it at my BOI Mastercard and working fine for my long stay in Argentina. Have tried a few times here moving to Turkey but no joy.

• Advertisement

No, left it at my BOI Mastercard and working fine for my long stay in Argentina. Have tried a few times here moving to Turkey but no joy.

I was thinking that Revolut might be the issue but obviously not
    Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable than me will have some suggestions for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

ok so I've renewed in Ireland for another month with an Irish credit card.

I've gone in now & changed my payment card to be my Curve card (which points to my Revolut card).
    I have just cancelled my subscription.

I think what I have to do now is wait 24 hours once the sub expires on Oct 21st and then "go to Turkey" and re-start.

Fingers crossed / 3rd time lucky and all of that

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

So I changed my payment method to revolut last month, accepted the new payment method then cancelled. Tried to restart membership this morning got the error with you payment message. Got onto netflix they said revolut is declining payment. Got onto revolut they said netflix is not attempting to take payment. They suggested I ask netflix to take payment in euro as they do not support turkish lira as a holding currency

I told netflix himself is away working. could this be the problem?
    They said yes he must restart membership in ireland as the card is issued in ireland. Anybody any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Anyone using Netflix and Revolut turkish Lira is history low at 9.07Lira-1€.Just topped for a year .Works out 4.62€ for UHD x4.Could be lower tomorrow but feck it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just tried to sign up with a Turkish account. I was paying via PayPal until this time (previously had an aussie account from when I lived there) but it said my payment method was no good. It accepted my card but then looked for a Turkish phone number to send the code to.

Anyone have a spare Turkish phone number? :D:pac:

Just tried to sign up with a Turkish account. I was paying via PayPal until this time (previously had an aussie account from when I lived there) but it said my payment method was no good. It accepted my card but then looked for a Turkish phone number to send the code to.

What card are you using?

Anyone using Netflix and Revolut turkish Lira is history low at 9.07Lira-1€.Just topped for a year .Works out 4.62€ for UHD x4.Could be lower tomorrow but feck it

Revolut told me I couldn't top up with turkish lira, that they don't support it
    ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

snoopy84 wrote: »
    What card are you using?

My visa debit card.

Jumped on Google when the turkish one wouldn't work and found that South Africa is 7.60 a month for the 4k package so I tried that and it worked first go. Saves me 4.40 a month, happy enough with that. Can't be arsed trying it month after month to get the turkey one to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

????

Definitely not true, I've about a years worth of Turkish Lira in my account at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

????

You top up in euro then exchange to Lira.

Malas noticias, mis compañeros agentes.

We had previously been informed by email from Netflix that the Argentinian government would be applying a 35% tax on Netflix starting in Sept

I have regularly being paying ARS 449 so was expecting to pay ARS 157 extra but today I was actually billed for a total of ARS 736.35 which is a 64% increase.

Anyone know WTF is going on over there?

Lucas Hood wrote:

Thanks
    Trying all weekend, couldn't exchange to lira. Tried again there and of course straight away exchanged no bother 🙄
    Anyway still wouldn't accept payment 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Lucas Hood wrote: »

You would still use the same Revolut card, right? Is Revolut intelligent enough to detect the currency requested, then look at your existing currency accounts and use the correct account, leaving your main Euro account alone?

lud wrote: »
    You would still use the same Revolut card, right? Is Revolut intelligent enough to detect the currency requested, then look at your existing currency accounts and use the correct account, leaving your main Euro account alone?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Right folks, have been paying in TL for a long time now. Unfortunately, new bank card issued and it won't accept the updated payment method (AIB debit card). Any ideas ? Have tried a BOI and Revolut also - same message. Just tried the AIB card now on VPN but failed again. Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Malas noticias, mis compañeros agentes.

We had previously been informed by email from Netflix that the Argentinian government would be applying a 35% tax on Netflix starting in Sept

I have regularly being paying ARS 449 so was expecting to pay ARS 157 extra but today I was actually billed for a total of ARS 736.35 which is a 64% increase.

Anyone know WTF is going on over there?

I was on ARS also, was normally lying €5.06 - €5.15 most months. This month was €8.96. Just cancelled. What’s the cheapest country nowadays Turkey?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I pay through Turkey. Around €4.80 for the 4 Screen plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

I was on the Argentinian plan but cancelled with the new tax fee there...

- Let my membership lapse
    - Waited a day and tried to renew from "Turkey"
    - It said that it will cost 41.99 TL/mo, so I'm logged in from the correct place.

However, when I try to finalize the payment it says "There seems to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

I'm using the same BOI Mastercard registered to my account that I used from "Argentina" but no joy :(

From memory lads,

Cancel.

Once the membership lapses, log into Netflix with a Turkish VPN.

restart membership.

Prices will then be in TRL

• Advertisement

rcs wrote: »
    I was on the Argentinian plan but cancelled with the new tax fee there...

- Let my membership lapse
    - Waited a day and tried to renew from "Turkey"
    - It said that it will cost 41.99 TL/mo, so I'm logged in from the correct place.

However, when I try to finalize the payment it says "There seems to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

I'm using the same BOI Mastercard registered to my account that I used from "Argentina" but no joy :(

Exact same happened to me. (BOI Mastercard also). I went back to Argentina for now until I figure it out. I think it would have let me use Brazil but I didn't have a phone number set up and it wanted to text me.

I did all of the above to sign up for turkey but no joy

I did all of the above to sign up for turkey but no joy

I think we’re screwed. And to think that I was good with Turkey until 2024 with my AIB card. Lost the bloody think and had to update payment details. Bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Someone mentioned using a Curve account recently and it working? Curve payment but actually linking back to a Revolut account. Anyone tried that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

stesaurus wrote: »
    Someone mentioned using a Curve account recently and it working? Curve payment but actually linking back to a Revolut account. Anyone tried that?

I used curve. Not necessary to link to Revolut as you get a good rate through Curve anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Is possible to do from start as in post #1 or variation of ?? New to Netflix

Sasso wrote: »
    Is possible to do from start as in post #1 or variation of ?? New to Netflix

I'm also a new user. Last week I tried to open an account from Turkey, was prompted for card details, used Revolut and immediately received error "something went wrong".
    I did not want to start with Irish subscription as currently no offers, so I went to Poland. Premium plan for less than 1EUR for 30 days. I was asked to provide a Polish number, found somebody with Polish mobile number and used that. All went through using the same Revolut card. When I logged in to Netflix I was asked to add a phone number, keyed in my Irish mob number, so now my Netflix account has my Revolut added as payment method and the Irish number.
    Not sure what will happen after I cancel subscription and move elsewhere to resume it. Polish Netflix full price is nearly 12EUR so will try to move.

Btw if anyone wants to try with Polish, not sure if 100% works, but there is service to receive SMS to Polish numbers for example:
    https://receive-sms-free.net/Free-Poland-Phone-Number/

I tried this for other services, sometimes there is a delay in receiving the messages. I could not find a similar website with Turkish number unfortunately. Somebody posted here they were prompted to provide a Turkish number when subscribing, I didn't get to that stage anyway, immediately received 'something went wrong' error

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

stesaurus wrote: »

I used Curve linked to my PTSB bank account - it doesn't need to be linked to Revolut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Another alternative is add your revolut card to paypal and use paypal payment instead. Make sure to change charged on local currency when using PayPal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

5star02707 wrote: »
    Another alternative is add your revolut card to paypal and use paypal payment instead. Make sure to change charged on local currency when using PayPal.

PayPal isn't an option for Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

My Argentinian netflix was charged as ARS736 instead of ARS449. This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭TetraSonic55

jdon72 wrote: »
    My Argentinian netflix was charged as ARS736 instead of ARS449. This happen to anyone else?

There is now a 35% tax on Netflix in Argentina,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Been with Netflix Turkey for about 2 years now. Costs roughly 3 euros for 2 screen HD package. I just logged into Netflix Ireland to update the expiry date on my visa debit and was surprised to see it had auto-updated so I didn't have to change anything. Looks like I might get another 4 years out of this.

jdon72 wrote: »

Yes, this exact same thing happened to me. There was an email a month ago from Netflix that they would add 35% tax but that should only bring the total to ARS 606.
    I contacted Netflix who said nothing to do with them, they only took 449 and they said the credit card company is responsible for collecting the tax in this case and advised me to contact the credit card company.
    Naturally when I got onto credit card company (Revolut) they said nothing to do with them either and that the merchant had advised them that the payment was ARS736.35. I had the option to dispute the payment but that would probably end my Netflix account so I didn't do that.

I would cancel Argentina and move to Turkey but it seems that a lot of people are having issues signing up there with any kind of card so I am staying put for a while so see how it plays out.

My guess is that they are for some reason charging 21% VAT plus this new 35% tax so 449 x 1.21 x 1.35 = 733.44 ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Yes, this exact same thing happened to me. There was an email a month ago from Netflix that they would add 35% tax but that should only bring the total to ARS 606.
    I contacted Netflix who said nothing to do with them, they only took 449 and they said the credit card company is responsible for collecting the tax in this case and advised me to contact the credit card company.
    Naturally when I got onto credit card company (Revolut) they said nothing to do with them either and that the merchant had advised them that the payment was ARS736.35. I had the option to dispute the payment but that would probably end my Netflix account so I didn't do that.

I would cancel Argentina and move to Turkey but it seems that a lot of people are having issues signing up there with any kind of card so I am staying put for a while so see how it plays out.

My guess is that they are for some reason charging 21% VAT plus this new 35% tax so 449 x 1.21 x 1.35 = 733.44 ??????

Think Brazil works out cheaper than the new Argentina price, so you could try that.

Can someone change the spreadsheet at the top of this post to the updated Argentina price?

Terminator wrote: »
    Been with Netflix Turkey for about 2 years now. Costs roughly 3 euros for 2 screen HD package. I just logged into Netflix Ireland to update the expiry date on my visa debit and was surprised to see it had auto-updated so I didn't have to change anything. Looks like I might get another 4 years out of this.

Now.....how could Netflix possibly know the exp date of a new card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

In my case, the number of the card stayed the same. Apparently VISA and others supply updates to the likes of Netflix so that subscriptions carry on seemlessly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/netflix/comments/7pt37q/how_did_netflix_know_my_new_credit_card_info/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Might be time to move from Argentina...

Turkey still need a phone to verify?

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    Might be time to move from Argentina...

Turkey still need a phone to verify?

I think it’s the payment method on turkey that’s proving to be the stickler.

Advertisement