Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

Until Milan on the final day, I like the Atalanta run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Just noticed the 2 Inzaghi brothers will be coaching against each other this season. Filippo in charge of Bennevento and Simone with Lazio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Spinazzola unlucky. Very nearly had a goal of the season contender on the opening day.

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1307418299257565184

Roma held to a goalless draw at Verona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I liked the look of Fiorentina yesterday. They have very strong midfield options this year. Torino won't be up to much this season saying that though. Good win for Napoli there to start off with. Interesting to see what Gattuso can achieve in a full season with Napoli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Best I’ve seen Juve play in a long time. Ramsey was like a player reborn. Maybe Juve finally have a midfield with a bit of balance after an impressive debut my McKenzie and an ever improving Rabiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Bit of a mess up with Roma's administration they fielded an ineligible player against Verona and have been handed a defeat although they're trying to appeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hey, is there a legal way to stream Serie A games in Ireland? I don't mind paying obviously, but I don't want or have a cable package, just want serie a.

Livescore.com app streams all Serie A games. Won't work on their web page, just app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ibrahimovic tests positive.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54279448

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Acosta

Livescore.com app streams all Serie A games. Won't work on their web page, just app.

It's on bet 365 too last time I checked.

is_that_so wrote: »

Two weeks after being in Tallaght 😨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Great goal from Lautaro. Inter - Fiorentina 1-1 at half time.

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Great goal from Lautaro. Inter - Fiorentina 1-1 at half time.

Brilliant! But is there a less likeable player in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Brilliant! But is there a less likeable player in the league?
    I actually really dislike him and his antics, would suit Barca well if they actually offered something for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Great game to watch this!

Sanchez been very good since coming on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great to have Serie A back again

what a match tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fantastic game, great finish.

Good result for Inter but why did he start with Perisic and Kolarov on the left side, surely it would have been better to play Skriniar as a CB and move Kolarov out left. Hakimi and Sanchez both played well when they came on and should start on Wednesday.

7 goal thriller. Hakimi looks a catch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought Sanchez did well when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

dor83 wrote: »
    Good result for Inter but why did he start with Perisic and Kolarov on the left side, surely it would have been better to play Skriniar as a CB and move Kolarov out left. Hakimi and Sanchez both played well when they came on and should start on Wednesday.

Conte (for some reason) doesn't rate Skriniar and wants to ship him out, can't get my head around it as the season before Conte arrived he was the best CB or one of the best in the league, now he's getting the cold shoulder. :confused:

pm1977x wrote: »
    Conte (for some reason) doesn't rate Skriniar and wants to ship him out, can't get my head around it as the season before Conte arrived he was the best CB or one of the best in the league, now he's getting the cold shoulder. :confused:

Yeah, I don't get it myself, and I know he wasn't great last season but tonight he started Kolarov as a CB ahead of him and Perisic as a WB which is crazy imo. Kolarov shouldn't be playing CB at all and he was at fault for the first(poor defending) and third(his lack of pace left Perisic trying to chase back) goals tonight.

Great games today, lots of goals. I can’t understand why one of the bigger sides didn’t go for Gomez, a goal and two assists. Be a serious signing for the likes of Milan.

Only the voila could throw away 3 points like that. Said it before but I really like the look of their midfield this season. They really should be pushing for a europa league spot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ronaldo is something else. Up front on his own and a top class CF goal when they just survive a miss from Djeko.

Great play from Danilo also.

Could be another great finish to follow on from last night.

Fine header by Ronaldo to make it 2-2 for 10 men Juve, Dzeko missed a few good chances.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Caught up with the weekend highlights. Osimhen looks like he's added a lot to the Napoli attack, even though he hasn't gotten off the mark yet. Looks like he's settling in well.

Udinese look like they could be in for a tough season. Beaten by Verona and tonight lost 2-0 at home to Spezia. Inter put five past Benevento this evening as well.

Lazio vs Atalanta tonight could be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Atalanta chewing up Lazio here 3-0 up approaching half-time

I had half an eye on the game. Lazio's defending didn't look too good and that's a worry with Inter up next. Hateboer's volley is worth a look on the highlights later.

Atalanta just continue on where they left off last season. Stunning stuff. Gomez what a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Napoli Juve game is postponed after Napoli were told by the health authority not to travel to Turin due to Covid.

Napoli Juve game is postponed after Napoli were told by the health authority not to travel to Turin due to Covid.

Looks like Juve are refusing to postpone the game, they released a statement saying that the first team will be taking to the field tomorrow as per the Serie A calendar. The game hasn't officially been postponed yet and they seem to be hoping that Napoli will have to forfeit the game so they get a 3-0 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Inter beating Lazio 1-0 at halftime. Lautaro Martinez with the goal.
    Lazio were forced to make 2 subs due to injury and Bastos apeared to be injured going in at halftime so a third forced sub is likely.
    Hopefully the games picks up a little in the second half.

• Advertisement

Looks like Juve are refusing to postpone the game, they released a statement saying that the first team will be taking to the field tomorrow as per the Serie A calendar. The game hasn't officially been postponed yet and they seem to be hoping that Napoli will have to forfeit the game so they get a 3-0 win.

Weird post. Juventus don't have authority to postpone a game. I know they have their influences, but they don't actually control the calcio in that degree

Weird post. Juventus don't have authority to postpone a game. I know they have their influences, but they don't actually control the calcio in that degree

If both teams agreed to postpone it then it would be, because Juve won't agree the game has to go ahead as scheduled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Shenanigans happening in the Juve game

Napoli arent showing up it seems

If both teams agreed to postpone it then it would be, because Juve won't agree the game has to go ahead as scheduled.

That's just wrong. Serie A have said the game must proceed. A club can only postpone if they can show 10 players disabled

That's just wrong. Serie A have said the game must proceed. A club can only postpone if they can show 10 players disabled

They said that after Juve released a statement saying they intended to show up for the game. The local authorities have said they told Napoli not to travel, that overrides the rule that says they need to play so long as they have 13 fit players including 1 keeper. The game should have been postponed and Napoli will most likely win an appeal of the forfeit.

• Advertisement

Have Atalanta a genuine chance of winning the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

That Lammers goal yesterday for Atalanta, wow.

They said that after Juve released a statement saying they intended to show up for the game. The local authorities have said they told Napoli not to travel, that overrides the rule that says they need to play so long as they have 13 fit players including 1 keeper. The game should have been postponed and Napoli will most likely win an appeal of the forfeit.

I will hope so

So who had the best mercato?

Wow, Napoli up 3-0 against Atalanta

Make that 4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't think you could time a Milan derby worse on paper to get attention. Squeezed in between an international break and before European competitions start.

Zlatan on fire!

AC 2 up after 20 minutes with two goals from Zlatan

1-2 goal for Inter by Lukaku.

Cracking game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement