Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rhyme wrote: »
    I've an 8 month old at home and it'll probably be short bursts during their naps and some play during lunchtime at work for the foreseeable future.

That's pretty much the same here, except I'm the one who takes naps and the gaming happens in-between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't go island hopping without emptying your pockets first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

From posts on Reddit it looks like 2 players on one switch approach is limiting for the 2nd player as the first player gets to unlock stuff and the 2nd player is left clueless ... at least in the first few hours.

So, looks like the kids, in my house anyway, will have to play together for a bit to figure out and plan the initial lay of the land.

Really wish they let each player have their own island if they want. But really they want you to buy more switches. And if you go digital, more copies of the game. Not nice Nintendo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Don't go island hopping without emptying your pockets first

I'll need to wait until I have some kind of container built so as I've made some of the better tools and they did not come easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I might dip in tonight to see what nighttime in the game is like.

The Tarantula’s come out at night, not many they are there. They move fast and the first one I saw caught me by surprise, scared the sh**e out of me. If you can catch them though Timmy will give you 8000 bells for one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

AMGer wrote: »
    The Tarantula’s come out at night, not many they are there. They move fast and the first one I saw caught me by surprise, scared the sh**e out of me. If you can catch them though Timmy will give you 8000 bells for one

I think they're scorpions in the southern hemisphere...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So what's the comsensus on this? I enjoyed the 3ds version but got bored after a couple of weeks, the only decent way to make bells was going to the island with all the beetles on it so I'd end up doing that every time.

That's some work.Nook the Crook has lined up slave labour camp not Island Getaway

Damn BOTW tool system there's going to be suffering all-round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I have this game(digital download) on my account on my switch. If i put this game on my daughers switch, using my account will she be able to play it using my account on her switch without my cloud save so a fresh version or will it be just my game on her machine?
    P.s I already game share with my missus so I cant put my primary account on my daughers switch.

• Advertisement

iamtony wrote: »
    I have this game(digital download) on my account on my switch. If i put this game on my daughers switch, using my account will she be able to play it using my account on her switch without my cloud save so a fresh version or will it be just my game on her machine?
    P.s I already game share with my missus so I cant put my primary account on my daughers switch.
    Just to answer my own question, yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Haven't had much time to play cause I'm hiding it from the kids, but paid off.my tent and one of my neighbours gave me a recipe for umbrellas that doubled the value of weeds so I'm stinking rich. But damn these tools! And all the bloody wasps.
    Took me ages to cop to hitting the rocks with the axe to get stone and iron. Must stop fast forwarding through the Nook dialogue!
    Just need to earn some miles for the stronger tools now. Loving it so far.

Who's nicklibra? My daughter stole your flowers:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone want to swap friend codes so that we can join each others islands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Cool, I've a dodo code fwlc8

Are fruits a thing again? Or do we all start with peaches?

I'd be all for that. I'm realising now that the Friend Code I have in the main thread is now my US account (long, stupid story) so I have a new one for my main account;

SW-5777-1710-3993

I'll drop it into the main thread now.
    Banjo wrote: »

I've pears on my island and I visited another island with coconuts.

Banjo wrote: »

Different island different fruit. I've pears, my daughter has oranges and the missus has something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'd be all for that. I'm realising now that the Friend Code I have in the main thread is now my US account (long, stupid story) so I have a new one for my main account;

SW-5777-1710-3993

I'll drop it into the main thread now.

I've sent a friend request. My code is: SW-1802-7461-4134

My missus and my daughter are both playing all poxy night and I can't now. I should of said nothing and just bought it on the sly:o

• Advertisement

I have cherries am too tired to play tonight I'll set up my friend code in the morning I got sent pears in the post so hopefully will have pears and cherries soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Starting this in a few, any tips?

Starting this in a few, any tips?
    em just keep catching things and bringing them to Tom and craft as much as you can today.

If you can get 5000 nook miles tonight and pay your debt you can have your house for tomorrow once you take on the loan.

Don't forget to talk to him after he tells you about the loan to actually take it on!

And hit the rocks with the flimsy axe :}

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

First time playing. Made the mistake of eating too many peaches and smashing all the rocks on the first day. Damn!

First time playing. Made the mistake of eating too many peaches and smashing all the rocks on the first day. Damn!

Do they not come back:eek:

iamtony wrote: »
    Do they not come back:eek:

I'm convinced that they do. I smashed one by accident on the first day and I think it came back this morning. At least, I didn't count how many were on my island at first so I can't be sure.

If you're stuck for what rocks provide, you can pay 2000 Nook Miles to travel to a randomly generated island that will have rocks. Be sure to dig a hole behind you when farming from the rocks so you don't get pushed back and can get the full 8 items from each rock.

Already posted in bargain alerts

Anyone on the fence great bargain in Argos

€235 for a switch lite and Animal Crossing when bought together.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2078195/Trail/searchtext%3ESWITCH+LITE.htm#tab3

I've gotten two gold nuggets so far from my rock baiting

Be careful buying turnips maybe look up the guide if you're thinking it'll payoff.

You can sell assessed fossils for a lot and if you chop trees down rare bugs may land on the stump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can people have seperate save games on the same switch? Don't want the kids wrecking my island.

Advertisement