Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICT Managers Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I rang them there and PAS said there was a lot of interest in this competition, shortlisting email will be sent around 2nd week of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gmisk wrote: »
    Nothing yet.
    I am on the general AP panel, but might prefer ICT role possibly....I thought the online tests would have been sent out by now tbh.

Doubt there will be online tests, probably just shortlisting and interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Doubt there will be online tests, probably just shortlisting and interview.
    That is good to hear, not sure I could go though online, then all the e-tray etc again, fingers crossed CV is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

"You are an experienced IT manager. Using a calculator and pen and paper, examine the following chart and work out whether more profit was generated by the sale of shirts or trousers over the past five years..."

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

trigger26 wrote: »
    I rang them there and PAS said there was a lot of interest in this competition, shortlisting email will be sent around 2nd week of April.

Thanks for ringing Trigger, I can stop checking my emails every 10 mins so

• Advertisement

"You are an experienced IT manager. Using a calculator and pen and paper, examine the following chart and work out whether more profit was generated by the sale of shirts or trousers over the past five years..."
    Ah now in fairness wasnt there one about a computer manufacturing things in it as well?....:D

From PAS

Please note that the shortlisting is still ongoing for the above campaign and below are the following dates you will receive the results from shortlisting:

Digital Solutions Implementation Management - w/c 8th April

Infrastructure and Service Delivery Management - w/c 15th April

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

So, are we all waiting for the email notification on the friday of each week, then ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

delricyo wrote: »
    So, are we all waiting for the email notification on the friday of each week, then ? :)

Yip. Heard nothing yet on steam 2, infrastructure.

Joe

it'll probably be 4pm Friday afternoon as they walk out the door :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Thought they would have done the AP before the HEO, so if there were any current HEOs who got through it would create some slots for the new HEO comp. I know a few HEOs in my place have gone for this one, But i can't say im too surprised. Hopefully some news this friday.

Anyone get any update on steam one?

I think they emailed to say shortlisting was due this week and steam 2 next week.

Just wondering.

jleavy046 wrote: »
    Anyone get any update on steam one?

I think they emailed to say shortlisting was due this week and steam 2 next week.

Just wondering.

Nothing. Quite disappointed as they explicitly told us the results would be out this week

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Nothing. Quite disappointed as they explicitly told us the results would be out this week

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

tick tock, best of luck folks:)

trigger26 wrote: »
    tick tock, best of luck folks:)

But it isn't 17:12 yet :pac:

I wonder if they forgot about us

results are out

Didn't get shortlisted which I'm a bit surprised at. Heard only 200 applied between the 2 streams

Best of luck to everyone who did get shortlisted

results are out

Didn't get shortlisted which I'm a bit surprised at. Heard only 200 applied between the 2 streams

I've heard nothing on steam 2 at all. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Best of luck everyone.

Joe

results are out

I wasnt shortlisted either. Disappointed. I will ask for feedback and I suggest that you do too

• Advertisement

"The candidate did not demonstrate the required level of experience or expertise in the skillsets required" or something not much beyond that is my prediction on feedback. Despite their vision/mission statement stuff about being committed to giving meaningful feedback to applicants, my experience is they say as little as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The_Op

Has anyone got stream 2 results yet or is this all stream1?

Was thinking of requesting feedback too but figured would be something like Tauren said

5years+ & masters so I dunno

The_Op wrote: »
    Has anyone got stream 2 results yet or is this all stream1?

PAS came back with second email to say it was just stream 1

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I wasn't shortlisted either. I find it very disappointing. I put a big effort into the form. I'd say I spent 20 hours+ working on it. It looks like I have all the skills and experience required. Does education make a difference? I have a degree but not a masters..

PAS came back with second email to say it was just stream 1

Ah. Okay, stream 2 isn't out yet. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

So did anyone get through?

I havent received any message at all yet.....

gmisk wrote: »
    I havent received any message at all yet.....

If you applied for Stream 1 (devops) then that's probably a good sign!

• Advertisement

If you applied for Stream 1 (devops) then that's probably a good sign!
    I applied for them both....lets see...thanks!

Advertisement