Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pilotwings please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

TmB wrote:
    Pilotwings please.

Oh god yes please! I want to shoot missiles at that metal robot coming out of the sea at least five hundred thousand more times! - the only flight sim (kinda) that I've ever loved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beetle Adventure Racing is currently being rerated. That is an excellent arcade racer that was neglected on release.

Sega have announced Streets of Rage 2 and Toejam and Earl 2 for the VC today \o/

Toejam and Earl 2 is a completely different and infinitely better game than the first one iirc.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Beetle Adventure Racing is currently being rerated. That is an excellent arcade racer that was neglected on release.

I still have the cart of that - it was a pretty cool game back in the day with all the shortcuts and the speed of it later on - wonder how it's aged....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Rhyme wrote:
    My prayers go out to Turok 2.

Amen to that brother;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Paper mario? Waverace? Majora's Mask? N64-wise anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote:

EXCELLENT!!!
    I still have the cart of this, and gave it a blast with my brother not that long ago! Only things letting it down IMHO are a dodgy framerate, and it could have used a few more courses... but Love++ for Beetle Adventure Racing...

Oh, and I too have only 400 points... and won't be near my Wii all weekend... :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol i've been playing Lylat Wars on me modded XBOX for the last ages! the game rocks! i've also gotten addicted to Super Mario World on the SNES on it too. God Bless emulators!

Also, Is streets of rage 2 better than 3? I've been playin 3 for the last while but havent even loaded up 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Id like to see the original Mario Party.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The_B_Man wrote:
    lol i've been playing Lylat Wars on me modded XBOX for the last ages! the game rocks! i've also gotten addicted to Super Mario World on the SNES on it too. God Bless emulators!

Also, Is streets of rage 2 better than 3? I've been playin 3 for the last while but havent even loaded up 2.

But it's not perfect on the xbox. Bloody annoys me for some reason when emulation isn't pixel perfect.

There's not much difference between SoR 2 and 3 but 2 is slightly better and has a better soundtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I preferred SoR 2... U.S got that today.

Couple of nice ones in the US today....

Gradius III (SNES)
    Wonderboy in Monster World (Megadrive)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Did the snes *just* have scrolling shooters?

How about some unirally or zombies ate my neighbours or pilotwings?

whitetrash wrote:
    Did the snes *just* have scrolling shooters?

How about some unirally or zombies ate my neighbours or pilotwings?

The snes was actually pretty bad for scrolling shooters with the megadrive having a whole lot more. Still I love them so can't get enough :) what few that came out on the SNES were usually brilliant. Bring on Axelay and Super Aleste.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I want Turok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

dsc00329mu8.th.jpg
    Tee hee hee! Had this for a couple of weeks, havent played it much. I take it that its good then??

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TmB wrote:
    Couple of nice ones in the US today....
    Wonderboy in Monster World (Megadrive)

Good, but not as good as its predecessor, Wonderboy in Monster Land IMHO...

This weeks games....

Battle Lode Runner (TG16)
    Final Fight (SNES)
    Mighty Bombjack (NES)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

TmB wrote:
    Battle Lode Runner (TG16)
    Final Fight (SNES)
    Mighty Bombjack (NES)
    - Apparently a classic, meh.
    - I distinctly remember this being awesome, Mayor Haggar rocks.
    - meh x2 (unless someone wants to correct me)

Very disappointing considering the US releases.

Mighty Bombjack: decent but aged.

Battle loderunner: Surprisingly good fun.

Final Fight: Horrendous conversion of the original classic.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having trouble getting into the Shop Channel tonight?

I've been trying on and off for the last hour and i'm getting nothing.

Just tried a minute ago and got on.

Tonights releases:

Alex Kidd and the enchanted castle: Supposedly good.
    Woderboy in Monsterland: Supposedly excellent
    Shockman: Supposedly good (check out the hardcore gaming 101 website just to be sure)
    Virtua Fighter 2: Megadrive version. Not worth the steam off my piss.

Not worth getting back out of bed for imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Owman, I'm so tempted to get Alex Kidd for the nostalgia. Loved that game. I've got plenty of points waiting to be used. Mmmmm.

NES Open Tournament Golf
    Ninja Spirit

Before my eyes could fully adjust to the screen i swear i saw 'Ninja Golf' and thought of this. Sadly, no.

I've never played Open Tournament and never heard of Ninja Spirit, anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

i enjoyed ninja spirit the golf is a miss for me

It's by IREM so I'll give it the benifit of the doubt for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Ah theyre useless.

Actually Ninja Spirit is supposedly brilliant.

• Advertisement

Guess what just got rated on the ERSB site.....

* Streets of Rage 2, SEGA, Rated E
    * Toe Jam and Earl in Panic on Funkotron, SEGA, Rated E
    * World Sports Competition, Hudson, Rated E

Advertisement