Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I'm on Turkey for a few years now

Last time it wouldn't let me add virtual Revolut so I have been on Revolut via Curve for a while.
    Anyway decided to try and add virtual Revolut again (just to put off the expiry date as much as possible)
    No joy for a few attempts so I went about my business.
    Anyway went back to it while logged into netflix.com on brave browser on the phone (yodata VPN to US) and it added no problem.
    Just to check it wasn't a fluke I've repeated the steps with another card which I won't be using and it added no problem.
    I have no idea why this works but it's worth a shot at least.

This worked flawlessly for me! 😊

I now have two Revolut back up cards (one plastic & one virtual) added, plus a virtual Revolut as the main payment method.

Delighted with that! 😁

Thanks OP 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Last time it wouldn't let me add virtual Revolut so I have been on Revolut via Curve for a while.
    Anyway decided to try and add virtual Revolut again (just to put off the expiry date as much as possible)
    Anyway went back to it while logged into netflix.com on brave browser on the phone (yodata VPN to US) and it added no problem.
    Just to check it wasn't a fluke I've repeated the steps with another card which I won't be using and it added no problem.

This worked flawlessly for me! 😊

I now have two Revolut back up cards (one plastic & one virtual) added, plus a virtual Revolut as the main payment method.

Delighted with that! 😁

Thanks OP 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Hi, moving from Mexico to Turkey still not a runner though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hi, moving from Mexico to Turkey still not a runner though?

I'm on Mexico. I had to use a Mexican phone number to get Mexico so in my case I will have to go to Ireland for a month I think before Turkey. If you still have an Irish number on your account then you may be able to bypass Ireland & go straight to turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Is Nordvpn still no use for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Hi, could you please let me know what the price of Netflix Turkey or Mexico is. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

looking to join a 'familly' .. pm me if spot going thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭racersedge

Legend. This method worked for me. Now, Netflix kept throwing up an error anytime I tried to add my physical Visa card. But it accepted the new virtual Mastercard. Thank feck! I added a second new virtual card for it as a just in case, so hopefully, beyond Revolut deciding to change my virtual card again, has me sorted until 2026.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Has already been stated but paying by Revolut via curve no longer seems to be working, FYI. Tried and failed, with Curve, twice.
    Successfully changed my membership today after one month on an Irish plan as OP says to do.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Revolut Virtual Card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Hola unblocker to change IP to Turkey, and when I did Netflix automatically reloaded and was offering me the Turkish plans
    -chose the Family plan and now have 4 screens for €4.75/month

Between this and Spotify Family, Boards has saved me a lot of cash.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Thanks OP , Worked a treat ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

KTBFFH wrote: »
    Has already been stated but paying by Revolut via curve no longer seems to be working, FYI. Tried and failed, with Curve, twice.
    Successfully changed my membership today after one month on an Irish plan as OP says to do.

-signed in as normal
    -acted as if I was renewing my Irish plan, continued until I got to the page where I can change/update my payment details
    -changed my payment details to my Revolut Virtual Card and accepted this change of payment method
    -ONLY THEN used free version of Hola unblocker to change IP to Turkey, and when I did Netflix automatically reloaded and was offering me the Turkish plans

And YouTube premium

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WLad

Should Express Vpn work? Not having any luck

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Successfully restarted Netflix in Turkey

I used the free trial of VPN Unlimited and used my Revolut card.

4.75 a month!!

Thanks to everyone on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Thanks OP worked great with Keepsolid and a new virtual revolut card also incognito on chrome is very important. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

-signed in as normal

I have done the same but its still offering the Irish price. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Revolut will just not work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WLad

So for me it was:

Cancel.
    Change payment to virtual card.
    Once account was out of billing period then:
    Vpn unlimited in a new browser that I didn't use before. Express vpn didn't work, it kept showing as Dutch netflix.
    Go to netflix turkey and choose a plan.

WLad wrote: »
    So for me it was:

Cancel.
    Change payment to virtual card.
    Once account was out of billing period then:
    Vpn unlimited in a new browser that I didn't use before. Express vpn didn't work, it kept showing as Dutch netflix.
    Go to netflix turkey and choose a plan.

Am out of billing period tomorrow will do it it then

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Batesout wrote: »
    I have done the same but its still offering the Irish price. Any ideas?

If its still offering Irish prices then your location has to still be set in Ireland.
    Hola unblocker does not always work first time, make certain using whatismyipaddress that you are definitely connected to a Turkish IP.

Other people here seem to have had success using other VPNs and doing the signup via Chrome incognito mode.
    Make sure you're logged out of all accounts/devices before renewing also. Hope this helps

If its still offering Irish prices then your location has to still be set in Ireland.
    Hola unblocker does not always work first time, make certain using whatismyipaddress that you are definitely connected to a Turkish IP.

Other people here seem to have had success using other VPNs and doing the signup via Chrome incognito mode.
    Make sure you're logged out of all accounts/devices before renewing also. Hope this helps

Yes thanks, i hadn't signed out of all devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Rainislove wrote: »
    Grom where you bought the gift card?

There’s a few options, search for Netflix gift TL card, I used:
    https://www.gamivo.com/

Make sure to turn off payment protection, subscription etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Argentina Netflix is increasing prices again to ARS 669 before tax.
    I'll definitely be moving to Turkey.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Getting an error processing my Revolut card that i set up last week.
    I turned off the location based security
    I'll just have to wait until next month

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

Argentina Netflix is increasing prices again to ARS 669 before tax.
    I'll definitely be moving to Turkey.
    What could possibly go wrong?

I am doing the same in 3 weeks. Will update you..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rcreedana

Just wanted to post my experience on this after following the thread for a short while. I changed my payment method to a virtual revolut mastercard I had set up last year already, and to force a payment through without waiting a full month I changed my payment date in my account settings. This charge came through on my revolut without any issue.

So after a week of that, I cancelled my membership. I waited the few weeks until Netflix expired (last Sunday). So yesterday I logged out of all devices, and then launched my Surfshark VPN in Turkey and tried to log into Netflix turkey but that failed. I followed the advice to switch off the VPN, log in, restart the VPN and refresh the page with plans and it updated from Euro to Lira. Hit restart plan and the payment went through revolut with no problem.

Thanks for all the posts and guidance, it's great to have got this working!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

rcreedana wrote: »
    Just wanted to post my experience on this after following the thread for a short while. I changed my payment method to a virtual revolut mastercard I had set up last year already, and to force a payment through without waiting a full month I changed my payment date in my account settings. This charge came through on my revolut without any issue.

So after a week of that, I cancelled my membership. I waited the few weeks until Netflix expired (last Sunday). So yesterday I logged out of all devices, and then launched my Surfshark VPN in Turkey and tried to log into Netflix turkey but that failed. I followed the advice to switch off the VPN, log in, restart the VPN and refresh the page with plans and it updated from Euro to Lira. Hit restart plan and the payment went through revolut with no problem.

Thanks for all the posts and guidance, it's great to have got this working!

Replying so I can save this post. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

My friend tried creating a new account via Turkey.

Logged on to VPN. Created a new account. Initially the card didnt work but then he created a virtual revolut card and that worked.

Now its asking for a Turkey phone number to send a code to activate the membership. How do you get past that??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭banie01

coldfire1x wrote: »
    My friend tried creating a new account via Turkey.

Logged on to VPN. Created a new account. Initially the card didnt work but then he created a virtual revolut card and that worked.

Now its asking for a Turkey phone number to send a code to activate the membership. How do you get past that??

Tell your friend read the 1st post on the thread.
    Its explained there.
    UPPDATED 24/1/21
    if you do not have an irish subscription to netflix then sign up to an Irish sub. It can be any plan as you'll be asked for a choice of plan when you move. You must do a month of Irish sub first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Plans range from 17.99 TL to 41.99 TL a month. Could someone tell me what is the cost for the second option (HD only) ?

Advertisement