Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Quackster wrote: »
    10:30 on the 22nd to 22:00 on the 24th is less than 72 hours so I would seriously question the legality of what they're doing.

The product won't be available again until 10.30 on the 25th due to licensing hours so it is 72 hours.

Are you the person who ratted out the dog rescuers ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If you install the LIDL plus app, from Thursday 25th there's €2 off a bottle of the Reserva Chilean Merlot (rrp €8).

That seems fine - there's nothing to stop the shops from selling drink at any price they want (right now).

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Took a trip up to ALDI there today and they have 8 Guinness for €10
    Not to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doxy79

Can anyone suggest the cheapest place to buy 330ml lager cans?

I realise they're not very popular in Ireland. Finding them at all is a task, the cheapest I've found are the 'Deadly Brewing Lager' in aldi at 97c a can. Anything better? Don't care what it tastes like as long as it's 330ml, a can, and over 4% abv.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

doxy79 wrote: »

I realise they're not very popular in Ireland. Finding them at all is a task, the cheapest I've found are the 'Deadly Brewing Lager' in aldi at 97c a can. Anything better? Don't care what it tastes like as long as it's 330ml, a can, and over 4% abv.

With the exception of craft beers and Guinness draught 330ml cans there seems to be very little choice for 330ml cans in Ireland and has always been this way from what I can remember.

I can recall from my days working in the off trade industry Budweiser used to be sold in 12 * 330ML can packs but the more popular 330ml (And now 300ml!!) non returnable glass bottles got the 330ML cans of Bud faded away. They seem to be more popular in the US & Asia maybe some one else can help with something I missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

You should pop into Aldi and try a can of "The 1079 Project". 33cl and only 89c.
    4.6% and tastes good.

I see it is now 97c

https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/ALDIIE/p-the-1079-project-pilsner-330ml-the-1079-project/4088600217024

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doxy79

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    You should pop into Aldi and try a can of "The 1079 Project". 33cl and only 89c.
    4.6% and tastes good.

I see it is now 97c

https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/ALDIIE/p-the-1079-project-pilsner-330ml-the-1079-project/4088600217024

They don't have those in my local aldi but they have 'Deadly Brewing Lager' 330mls, also for 97c...They're possibly the same beer with different branding!

With the exception of craft beers and Guinness draught 330ml cans there seems to be very little choice for 330ml cans in Ireland and has always been this way from what I can remember.

I can recall from my days working in the off trade industry Budweiser used to be sold in 12 * 330ML can packs but the more popular 330ml (And now 300ml!!) non returnable glass bottles got the 330ML cans of Bud faded away. They seem to be more popular in the US & Asia maybe some one else can help with something I missed.

Not popular here at all compared to the USA definitely. As much as i dislike Bud, they'd get a sale from me if they still sold the 330ml cans. That must be a while ago!

Anyone know if Lidl sell any 330ml cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I love that size can. I know moretti do a six pack of that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    4.6% and tastes good.

I see it is now 97c

I really like the 1079. The small cans nice and easy to chill too. Must grab a few, it has been a while.

In other news, Dada Argentinian red still 8 euro in Tesco. Decent price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

fin12 wrote: »
    I love that size can. I know moretti do a six pack of that size.

Just about to same the same - I bought 6 cans of 330ml Moretti in local Centra there yesterday - €9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anyone know if Lidl sell any 330ml cans?

Lidl do these 330ml cans for €1.29 each ....

544925.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

RayCon wrote: »
    Lidl do these 330ml cans for €1.29 each ....

544925.jpg

Aldi have a grapefruit ipa for about €1.70 a can I think. It’s particularly nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

https://torcbrewing.ie/

Craft beer - case of 12X500ml bottles for €30
    Delivery nationwide is a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭amber2

https://torcbrewing.ie/

Craft beer - case of 12X500ml bottles for €30
    Delivery nationwide is a fiver

Just a word of warning the Kingdom IPA I received was seriously over carbonated, perhaps just that batch but kinda put me off buying more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Lidl wine current offers:
    Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2019 reduced from €8.84 to €5.39, 39% off.
    Western Cape Sauvignon Blanc 2020 & Paarl Chenin Blanc 2020, each reduced from €7.86 to €6.79, 13% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭thebronze14

Aldi have a grapefruit ipa for about €1.70 a can I think. It’s particularly nice.
    Not a fan of the Twisted IPA...The orange one was pretty good though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

amber2 wrote: »
    Just a word of warning the Kingdom IPA I received was seriously over carbonated, perhaps just that batch but kinda put me off buying more.

Thanks for the tip ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jameson is on offer for 20 euro a bottle in Lidl.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just picked up the last 2 boxes of miller in my local garage shop - 48 (4x6 bottles in each box) for €24...that's the matches sorted for tomorrow. dated 30 apr so i assume that's why they were on such a sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Just got 24 cans of Coors for €28 in local SuperValu, reasonable enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

ablelocks wrote: »
    just picked up the last 2 boxes of miller in my local garage shop - 48 (4x6 bottles in each box) for €24...that's the matches sorted for tomorrow. dated 30 apr so i assume that's why they were on such a sale...

What garage was it (Circle K, Applegreen etc) as was going to buy 24 bottles in Dunnes at €16 odd, tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ablelocks wrote: »

@€;0.50 a bottle I’ll have some of that. But don’t keep us in suspense...... what garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭amber2

Guinness Bud Carlsberg coors slabs 470ml €32.99 and no customer quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Wee bit cheaper at Tesco
    gKg9omY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They couldn't off load that Guinness at 2 for 32 not so long ago so I doubt there will ever be a customer limit no matter what the price.

They're giving away free glasses in shops too lately, the Covid has softened their cough somewhat considerably.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

zell12 wrote: »
    Wee bit cheaper at Tesco
    gKg9omY.png
    and at least it is the proper 500ml guinness cans.....not the other muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I got some Heineken in Tesco last week, it was in the 24 can carboard box, found it very flat, all cans so far, they have a BB date of November so should be grand. Anyone notice similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I was going to mention that Lidl are supposed to have a French wine sale running since last Thursday but it is a total non event.

Some of the wines got good reviews in the papers but in three branches I visited today hardly any of them were on the shelves and there was no mention of a French promotion.

Maybe they will re-stock next week but I wouldn't bet on it. They don't seem to be taking it very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I was going to mention that Lidl are supposed to have a French wine sale running since last Thursday but it is a total non event.

Some of the wines got good reviews in the papers but in three branches I visited today hardly any of them were on the shelves and there was no mention of a French promotion.

Maybe they will re-stock next week but I wouldn't bet on it. They don't seem to be taking it very seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

First Up wrote: »

Any wine specials in Lidl at the moment are a disaster - hardly any stock - if any. And invariably they have a more expensive wine plonked under where the price for the non-existent special is, trying to trick you into picking up a similar wine at a much higher price. <caveat emptor>

Poor form if you ask me - I have asked if there is more stock in the back and have always been told if its not on the shelf we've none left even though you can see the *pallets of wine boxes in the stockroom when the shutter is up.
    *(in fairness I didn't specifically see the specials as I only had a short glimpse before the shutter came down and my view was partially obstructed.)

Advertisement