Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

** Dublin Airport Parking queries & codes **

• 20-02-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

i normally use quick park but when i was booking flight Ryan air was offering spaces just wondering if anyone used them yet etc ? thansk in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bopsy1234

Hi there

The car parks being offered on the Ryanair website are the main DAA car parks, Ryanair and DAA are working together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

I just booked this today - €2.99 per day for parking
    But I'm wondering how do you exit the car park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I just booked this today - €2.99 per day for parking
    But I'm wondering how do you exit the car park?

I imagine its the same as if you prepaid online with DAA. If you entered your reg they have machines at entrance and exit that will read your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Make sure the fuel tank is less than half full, otherwise they will stiff you for being overweight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

coylemj wrote: »
    Make sure the fuel tank is less than half full, otherwise they will stiff you for being overweight

very good!
    They only accept 1 litre cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

TillyGirl wrote: »

I imagine its the same as if you prepaid online with DAA. If you entered your reg they have machines at entrance and exit that will read your number.

I realised after they sent me a confirmation email - so all details are l that

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kankan

I just booked Ryanair parking last night - they didn't give me an option at what time I wanted to check in or out and I presumed that they were cleverly matching it up with my flight times. But no. They have me checking in 9 hours after my flight takes off and checking out 17 hours after I land...and of course they are charging me to amend this on the DAA website. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bopsy1234

My wife works with DAA, if you want to PM me your details and I will check it out for you.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kankan

Thank you so much Bopsy 1234 - I found out that it was my fault - I booked the wrong time flight, really sorry, I feel like an eejit. Thank you so much for offering to help, I was really grateful. I also rang the DAA and they were lovely to deal with, thank you so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

can anyone tell me is it blue or red carpark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

scrgirl wrote: »
    can anyone tell me is it blue or red carpark?

Blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Blue

Wrong its always the red

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moonstar525

Hi all, I just booked car parking in Dublin airport from ryanair, but there is no info sent to me from them. Could anyone tell me the location please? I have checked the map on DAA, there are red(express) and blue for long term, not sure which one I should go. By the way, as the previous post said, all I need to do is enter the car reg number when I go in and out, is it true? Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I just booked car parking in Dublin airport from ryanair, but there is no info sent to me from them. Could anyone tell me the location please? I have checked the map on DAA, there are red(express) and blue for long term, not sure which one I should go. By the way, as the previous post said, all I need to do is enter the car reg number when I go in and out, is it true? Thanks in advance.

blue longterm, exit m50 norht bound at Naul exit, and yes just drive in and out they scan your reg, bring the card you paid with just in case though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moonstar525

scrgirl, thanks a lot for ur quick reply.

No probs, have a good trip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm flying out of Dublin next month, and looking at parking options. At the moment, Red is looking to be the cheapest, but the DAA site doesn't mention how it works if you're flying from T2. It looks to me like any shuttle leaving from Red would stop at T2 first, is that right? Also, coming back, the site only talks about grabbing a shuttle from a pickup point in Zone 9 T1? Am I going to have to trek from T2 to T1 on arrival to catch a shuttle back?

Anyone parked in Red and flown from T2 recently know what's the what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

All shuttles leave from T1 - that includes airport shuttles also.
    You indeed have to walk to T1 with your luggage.

The simplest way is to turn left immediately you emerge from customs in T2. You can walk down the corridor which leads to a covered walkway and you'll reach T1 without having to face the weather.
    On the way from the car park T2 is the first stop then onto T1

corblimey wrote: »
    I'm flying out of Dublin next month, and looking at parking options. At the moment, Red is looking to be the cheapest, but the DAA site doesn't mention how it works if you're flying from T2. It looks to me like any shuttle leaving from Red would stop at T2 first, is that right? Also, coming back, the site only talks about grabbing a shuttle from a pickup point in Zone 9 T1? Am I going to have to trek from T2 to T1 on arrival to catch a shuttle back?

Anyone parked in Red and flown from T2 recently know what's the what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

The shuttle leaves T1 then goes round to T2 for a quick pickup before heading out to the car park.

I usually walk the 2 minutes to T1 though as it takes ages for the shuttle to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

make sure to prebook your parking, makes quite the difference in price. prebooking short term makes it about the same price as full price long term. prebooking long term can be about half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

All shuttles leave from T1 - that includes airport shuttles also.
    You indeed have to walk to T1 with your luggage.

The simplest way is to turn left immediately you emerge from customs in T2. You can walk down the corridor which leads to a covered walkway and you'll reach T1 without having to face the weather.
    On the way from the car park T2 is the first stop then onto T1

No, you don't. The DAA shuttles pick up from T2.

In fact, there's not much point walking to T1 to get the shuttle as its first stop after leaving T1 is T2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

We came through T2 after the mid term there. There's a sign when you come down the escalators saying buses and we waited there for 2 minutes and along came the buses

We were also wondering at the time if we had to walk up to T1, but decided to wait a few minutes just in case, so they do stop at T2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Is this offer still on? Can you get it after you've booked the flights?
    Flying next week with ryanair for a long weekend and looking at booking parking, cheapest I can find is 24 with the clarion for 5 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Hi Folks,
    In-laws booked parking in the Red (Express) with Ryanair website (put in the car reg, paid €30), turned up at the car-park and there was no record of it. They then had to pay almost €60 to get in.
    Has this happened with anyone else?
    Rang Ryanair and got sent to DAA. Rang DAA and listened to their message in English and Irish and told to email their enquiry....
    Any help appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I've got a new car since I've made my booking. Do I need to inform them of this or is it just a QR code I scan on the day and therefore it's irrelevant what car I actually turn up in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Guys I'm just wondering is there a Hotel where if i stay the one night i can leave my car free there free for the few nights while i travel? Heard the name a couple of months but cannot remember!
    Any help please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

spurious wrote: »

Thank You

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TheBully wrote: »
    Guys I'm just wondering is there a Hotel where if i stay the one night i can leave my car free there free for the few nights while i travel? Heard the name a couple of months but cannot remember!
    Any help please

The parking isn't free though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hi Everyone

Just wondering what the best stay and park options are at Dublin airport. Have early flight from Dublin and 18 night trip. Was going to stay overnight and leave car at hotel. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

I always find that Quick Park are the cheapest and they have shuttle buses every 10mins so you're never waiting long. I use them anytime I fly from DUB

http://quickpark.ie

_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

My folks always stay at Bewleys (now Clayton I believe). I think parking is something like €3.95 a night. Shuttle bus is every 15 minutes I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

My folks always stay at Bewleys (now Clayton I believe). I think parking is something like €3.95 a night. Shuttle bus is every 15 minutes I think

Thanks good to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

+1 for quick park.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Another fan of Quickpark here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I use quickpark too. Use promo code: CINEMA for a discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I just booked yesterday for Quickpark and got parking for two weeks in September using DOGS discount code. Reduced from €48 to €38. Brilliant value.

There's a hotel next to the quickpark too so if you wanted to park up the night before you could walk out of the carpark and into the hotel. I think it's the Carlton hotel and they offer a free shuttle bus to the airport also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

Eponymous wrote: »
    I just booked yesterday for Quickpark and got parking for two weeks in September using DOGS discount code. Reduced from €48 to €38. Brilliant value.

There's a hotel next to the quickpark too so if you wanted to park up the night before you could walk out of the carpark and into the hotel. I think it's the Carlton hotel and they offer a free shuttle bus to the airport also.

This one brought mine from €33 down to €23! thanking you!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me is it possible to collect passengers arriving in Terminal 2 Dublin airport without going into the multistory car park and paying?

The Dublin airport site says you have to use the car park, does this mean you pay?

Thanks,
    Bumpsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Hi,

Can anyone tell me is it possible to collect passengers arriving in Terminal 2 Dublin airport without going into the multistory car park and paying?

The Dublin airport site says you have to use the car park, does this mean you pay?

Thanks,
    Bumpsy.

Get them to exit through departures and pick them up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,576 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You park somewhere off-site but free, get them to text when ready on the departures road.

I believe the first 15mins in the short-term is free, though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

L1011 wrote: »
    You park somewhere off-site but free, get them to text when ready on the departures road.

I believe the first 15mins in the short-term is free, though

There's times it'd take you 15 minutes just to find a parking space in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,821 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The departure lane is supposed to be set down only for dropping off passengers. If you wait there for any reasonable length of time the Airport Police will move you on. That length of time depends on how engaged the AP officer is with his job at that particular time and how busy the set down area is. You generally get more leeway late in the evening. During the morning and afternoon's they are fairly fast at getting you to drive around. Ask the people you are collecting to give you a txt or a call once they come through security and be waiting close by say in Kealy's pub car park and swing around and grab them at the set down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is no designated pick up spot for T2. You are supposed to use the car park. Yes, you have to pay. I've picked up my brother from the Departures set down area, when it is quiet in the evenings. It works, as he is waiting on me at the curb & he only has one small carry on bag with him. He jumps quickly into my car and we are away, right sharpish, before anyone can spot what he/we are doing. If you are picking up several people, who are pushing luggage trolleys and you have to load up the boot with all their suitcases, baby buggies etc etc, you'll be spotted and told to move along. You can even get a ticket if you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

This is crazy, 15-30 mins should be free/discounted/whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The first 15 mins is free, in the short term car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The first 15 mins is free, in the short term car park.
    I'd love to know how many cars per day manage to get in, find a parking space, get over to the terminal, get back to the car, and exit the car park within the space of 15 minutes!

Even if all you did was drive in, find a parking space, park, and immediately leave again, it'd be a struggle.

That 15 minutes is very much a token gesture that I'm guessing benefits nobody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Use the departures set down, everyone does it, just drive in, to the departures set down, follow the road out, pull in at the airport McDonalds and get a coffee, then wait for the people to say they are there and loop around.

Went to the drop off for departures area and joined about 15 other cars waiting for a few minutes before the person I was collecting arrived. This was 8.30 pm on a Saturday, I'm sure other times you're moved on as others have said.

There is no way you could time the short term car park to avoid paying for it IMHO.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I used to pick people up in T2 regularly. The airport police will move you on if you're there any length of time. Best way to do it is to park in the Topaz petrol station and use the DAA app to see if the plane has landed on time. Have your passenger text you when they have their baggage and then drive around by the Clarion Hotel and collect them- police wont mind if you're literally stopping for 30 seconds and moving on again. That was my experience anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement