Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

TBF, Marty is one of the less offensive DJs on the station.. Pretty bearable.

Saying that, I live for the days Peter Devlin stands in for him. Why can't every DJ just be like him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Hey Morty..what delightful hilarious story involving your kids have you got for us today on Noooooo va....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Listening to the "John Clarke Breakfast Show" last Sunday morning between 7-10 a.m.

My god, poor ol' Clarkie can barely get a word in about the music he wants to play. Reads out a pile of irrelevant rubbish, the weather, promotes the other shows, that's about it. If only they could have left his jukebox well enough alone.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Listening to the "John Clarke Breakfast Show" last Sunday morning between 7-10 a.m.

My god, poor ol' Clarkie can barely get a word in about the music he wants to play. Reads out a pile of irrelevant rubbish, the weather, promotes the other shows, that's about it. If only they could have left his jukebox well enough alone.

:(

For the audience numbers to go down even more!!

If he doesnt like it, dont let the door hit him on the way out!

Just Tony Ainscough and Peter Devlin left. And of course, the legendary Mr. Pat James on digital.

My finger has been moving that little bit closer to the dial with each passing axe. It's pretty close now. Let them mess around with Tony and/or Peter, and it will finally be on the dial and moved!!!

• Advertisement

For the audience numbers to go down even more!!

If he doesnt like it, dont let the door hit him on the way out!

He's not going anywhere....its a swing door...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Just Tony Ainscough and Peter Devlin left. And of course, the legendary Mr. Pat James on digital.

My finger has been moving that little bit closer to the dial with each passing axe. It's pretty close now. Let them mess around with Tony and/or Peter, and it will finally be on the dial and moved!!!
    Haven't listened in a while to Peter Devlin on a Saturday night but I read this initially and thought it said he had left ...so that's a kick to me to get back listening. Love his chat on the radio & the music he plays.

Got home early today..wifey had telly on..Elaine..guess who was on talking about kids.....I swear i've lost any respect (and that wasnt much) for the "man"...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Got home early today..wifey had telly on..Elaine..guess who was on talking about kids.....I swear i've lost any respect (and that wasnt much) for the "man"...:rolleyes:

Who was it and what did he say ??

hawkelady wrote: »
    Who was it and what did he say ??

You new here....?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Was it Ruth Scott?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

You new here....?:)

Yeah , actually

Was it Ruth Scott?

You new here too...Ruth is a lady afaik....smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

You new here too...Ruth is a lady afaik....smile.png

Yep but Colon Hayes has bigger breasts fact! :D

Homer wrote: »
    Yep but Colon Hayes has bigger breasts fact! :D

:D:D:D:D....bet Loose is sooo gel gel...:p

Jack Hyland is back on Nova. He's on air right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Jack Hyland is back on Nova. He's on air right now.

I was going to say the same thing! I wonder is he a fill-in or has he now got a regular gig with Nova again? According to linkedin under his real name of Moss Breathnach, his stint as Commercial Production Manager with Limerick's Live 95FM finished last March. (He had been with them since January 2017.)

I see he is also a singer and guitarist with a band called The Rubes. Maybe his music takes up much of his time. Anyway, it's great to hear his voice on radio again. I always liked his style.

I was going to say the same thing! I wonder is he a fill-in or has he now got a regular gig with Nova again? According to linkedin under his real name of Moss Breathnach, his stint as Commercial Production Manager with Limerick's Live 95FM finished last March. (He had been with them since January 2017.)

I see he is also a singer and guitarist with a band called The Rubes. Maybe his music takes up much of his time. Anyway, it's great to hear his voice on radio again. I always liked his style.
    He's been on 8Radio a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

He's been on 8Radio a bit.

I never knew that (about Jack Hyland). Was that during its most recent temporary license run?

I never knew that (about Jack Hyland). Was that during its most recent temporary license run?

I think so.

• Advertisement

Imagine Dragon's on Clarkie's show this morning. Now I'm feeling a whole other degree of sympathy for him. :(:(:(

Imagine Dragon's on Clarkie's show this morning. Now I'm feeling a whole other degree of sympathy for him. :(:(:(

He wouldn't know of them but for his track list......or care for that matter...;)

He wouldn't know of them but for his track list......or care for that matter...;)

Think the latter of what you said really counts there Max. Let's just pray it's only a temporary thing. The man can't even say a word about music. He's clearly restricted to waffle and a playlist. Poor guy. :/

Think the latter of what you said really counts there Max. Let's just pray it's only a temporary thing. The man can't even say a word about music. He's clearly restricted to waffle and a playlist. Poor guy. :/

Yeah....poor guy..maybe if we all say a prayer that he becomes PD he might get a chance to get the station some respect again...instead of the pathetic excuse it is.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Or he could just leave!

Or he could just leave!

:D........you'd like that..?

Be glad it's not Dua Lipa.

Be glad it's not Dua Lipa.

Nah..that would be Mortys choice....:p

:D........you'd like that..?

Let's be truthful Max - Clarkie is not John Clarke without his jukebox. Him and a written playlist do not go hand in hand. End of.

• Advertisement

Let's be truthful Max - Clarkie is not John Clarke without his jukebox. Him and a written playlist do not go hand in hand. End of.

Unless its his own....;)......Dont think we'll hear of "his" jukebox anymore...Did'nt he sell it to Mike Moloney...:P

Advertisement