Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Oh you innocent little Pixie you.

You would have to try much much harder than that.

I wouldn't want to offend you, it's funny I triggered straight people by using the word and not yourself.

Says a lot about today's world.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dr Brown wrote: »
    I don't have time to read 150 plus pages.

But even if what you said is true it doesn't give thugs the right to go around threatening business owners.
    she is also threatening the business owners and trying to ruin their reputation and telling people to boycott them.
    Free Ireland indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yer one from Cork is being bullied and harassed by her, can't make a video without commenting about her. Has also threatened legal action.

She has told people to boycott the venues that pulled out of her hosting events and deriding the owners for their lack of courage....that's a bit of the old bullying.

She blocks people on social media that ask her difficult questions.

So yeah, that covers it all....and that's all the last 24 hours as well.

Here's an example of the types of people who are threatening her. Actual Neo Nazis, the types of people Gemma appeals to.

https://twitter.com/fionapettit71/status/1113498103955505154
    I don't have time to read 150 plus pages.

But even if what you said is true it doesn't give thugs the right to go around threatening business owners.

Produce proof of actual threats.. Bad reviews or exercising one's right to protest does not count...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

GinAndBitter don't post in this again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been a mod of After Hours, I've gotten way worse threats than that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

batgoat wrote: »
    Here's an example of the types of people who are threatening her. Actual Neo Nazis, the types of people Gemma appeals to.

https://twitter.com/fionapettit71/status/1113498103955505154

Produce proof of actual threats.. Bad reviews or exercising one's right to protest does not count...

That tweet has to be fake. I have never heard of actual "Neo Nazis" who believe in the holocaust.

It seems O'Leary is trying to play the victim when shes the one whos trying to shut down legitimate public meetings against corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,812 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That tweet has to be fake. I have never heard of actual "Neo Nazis" who believe in the holocaust.

It seems O'Leary is trying to play the victim when shes the one whos trying to shut down legitimate public meetings against corruption.

Yes Gemma has threatened Fiona O'Leary and said she needs to be dealt with. Gemma is harassing and bullying Fiona O'Leary and attempting to silence snd censor her.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yes Gemma has threatened Fiona O'Leary and said she needs to be dealt with. Gemma is harassing and bullying Fiona O'Leary and attempting to silence snd censor her.

Of course she needs to be "dealt with" by the legal system for her harassment campaign against the business owners who were going to host Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Of course she needs to be "dealt with" by the legal system for her harassment campaign against the business owners who were going to host Gemma.

Whats your opinion on Gemma shutting down peoples right to free speech while complaining about her own right to free speech?

It's a youtube commenter.... Seems to have very similar views to you actually.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNstJi_540AjGj75I7C01ng/featured

In addition, Coolera house seem to have faced genuinely abusive behaviour from Gemma's supporters..
    https://twitter.com/artimusfoul/status/1113483560126693378

What law has she broken? Lodging complaints to businesses is exercising free speech. Meanwhile Fiona is basically being stalked by a load of nutters and racists who adore Gemma and Rowan.

• Advertisement

Whats your opinion on Gemma shutting down peoples right to free speech while complaining about her own right to free speech?

How does she shut down free speech ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

We can't even blame the teachers for such astounding stupidity as this because thankfully people who post this thing are relatively rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

Have any of these business owners said she has been harassing them?

Ask her a difficult question on her FB or Twitter account and you are instantly blocked. Gemma wants an echo chamber where only people who agree with her get to voice thier opinion.

Ask her a difficult question on her FB or Twitter account and you are instantly blocked. Gemma wants an echo chamber where only people who agree with her get to voice thier opinion.

Blocking abusive comments on twitter is not the same as shutting down public meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

No-one is bothering to answer the question why doesn't Gemma hold her meetings on the street?

Blocking abusive comments on twitter is not the same as shutting down public meetings.

No no no, i said questions not abusive comments. Ask her (politely) a question that goes against her beliefs and you get

A: Attacked by her supporters (called a troll, russian bot or my favourite... a Soros paid shill)

B: Blocked by Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

What threats were made to business owners that decided not to put her on? I am actual threats. Not someone from Cork saying they're not going to have a pint in a pub in Sligo if they ever happen to be there.

Eh, they are literally posting her address and photos of her house on a regular enough basis.
    https://twitter.com/fionapettit71/status/1073174487699476480

Also in related news, Gemma regularly tries to silence her critics by making legal threats. They never go anywhere cause she hasn't a leg to stand on but she's done it to loads. So Gemma doesn't care about freedom of speech?

https://twitter.com/joecraig79/status/1035563646057885697

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Business owners who were going to host Gemma have received death threats.

That sort of behavior should not be acceptable in a civilized society.

...like making claims without proof -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109847140&postcount=2273

Do you have any sources showing this is person is as you claim?

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »

It's basically going back to Patty's previous claim that I debunked... I have mixed feelings on Anti-Fa but the desperation by white supremacists is amusing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,812 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Threatens people with solicitors letters
    Makes threatening and harassing videos youtube videos saying people have to be dealt with
    Calls for boycott of venues
    Blocks people on social media
    Throws people out of public meetings

Gemma does not support free speech for her opponents and she threatens and bullies anyone who disagrees with her

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

BBFAN wrote: »
    No-one is bothering to answer the question why doesn't Gemma hold her meetings on the street?

I think that's the plan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

BBFAN wrote: »

I think that's the plan now.

Manic Street Preacher

• Registered Users Posts: 33,903 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gemma does not support free speech for her opponents and she threatens and bullies anyone who disagrees with her

My wife saw Gemma up close and in action at a Repeal meeting last year, she spent most of her time delivering a vicious, spittle-flecked, incoherent rant against another of the speakers, Kitty Holland of the Irish Times.

Gemma is a nasty piece of work.

Seems Gemma has now totally flipped to the other end of that spectrum, more right-wing US cash in pretending to save the babieeees

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

That's not what she does, though. You ask her a question and you get blocked.

But then, you knew this.

Odhinn wrote: »

You only have to google the beasts name and AFA Ireland he also ran Indymedia Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That's not what she does, though. You ask her a question and you get blocked.

But then, you knew this.

Like the time I asked if she knew what the President of Ireland could actually do. Blocked instantly for asking a question that if someone was serious about what they were running for, instead of using it as free publicity for her cult, would have answered, or at least not blocked the questioner. Bonkers

You only have to google the beasts name and AFA Ireland he also ran Indymedia Ireland.

You're correct on indy media but otherwise wrong. You can't prove your vision and I've already debunked it in this thread. Honesty is not your strong suit..

• Advertisement

Threatens people with solicitors letters

Shes entitled to do that under the label laws when people smear her good name,

Makes threatening and harassing videos youtube videos saying people have to be dealt with
    The youtube video she made was more like an exposure of O' Leary and her gang.

O'Leary has legitimate anti corruption meetting shut down then plays the victim when Gemma trys to fight back.

Calls for boycott of venues
    Nothing illegal about that.

If a business cancels at the last minute then I can see why she would want to boycott them.

Blocks people on social media
    She blocks people who are trying to shut her down.

Throws people out of public meetings
    She had trouble makers thrown out. The same thing would happen if you started trouble at a FG of FF meeting.

I've never seen her threatening or bullying anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement