Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Not spelling Holles Street that way you can't. :pac:

Goddamnit autocorrect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Malableedinhide 4 lyf yis bollixes

I played hurling for Malahide. Never played cricket but our pitch was next door. Played one game of hockey in my life - an All Ireland final!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Zzippy wrote: »
    I played hurling for Malahide. Never played cricket but our pitch was next door. Played one game of hockey in my life - an All Ireland final!

But now you are in the Wesht?

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stheno wrote: »
    But now you are in the Wesht?
    Zzippy fled the desolate lands of the northside and ran west to the wetlands and bog.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    Zzippy fled the desolate lands of the northside and ran west to the wetlands and bog.

North county Dublin is a lovely place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

North county Dublin is a flat lovely place
    FYP :P

South Dublin all the way.

Interestingly though my mam grew up on the North side and no joke she lived on Sheriff street until she was 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I work in the IFSC and at lunch time once a week we play association football in one of the community centre cages on sherrif street surrounded by flats. It's actually amazing. The lads will come down, high as a kite and give a running commentary on the game. They even know some of our names at this stage. "Hit Mick, hit mick, he's in space... ahhh for ****s sake man, how did you not make that ball, ****ING HIT IT"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

in what respect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

You're Swords/Malahide aren't you? That's practically Southside.

I was Ranelagh my first 6 years in Ireland but started dating a Northsider and took ages to convince her she was actually allowed to cross the Liffey. She doesn't want to live Southside so we settled on Swords.

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »

I was Ranelagh my first 6 years in Ireland but started dating a Northsider and took ages to convince her she was actually allowed to cross the Liffey. She doesn't want to live Southside so we settled on Swords.

I knew a kiwi who lived in Ranelagh, worked in Insurance?

Ha, I grew up in Swords, it's definitely not practically southside! Malahide would consider itself southside alright...

We should have a Swords meetup! :D

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    in what respect ?

Fantastic coastline and beaches
    Villages like the naul with arts and music centres

Regular festivals and events throughout the year organised by fingal county council

Good transport links

Beautiful scenery
    Local markets

Swords for me definitely not south side

Malahide Sutton and Howth would be though

I love living here though

prawnsambo wrote: »
    FYP :P

Give me 20 hill repeats on the Naul hill and tell me it's flat!

There's a lovely drive out past Naul with amazing views

• Registered Users Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

A 500ft hill is hardly mountainous. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I knew a kiwi who lived in Ranelagh, worked in Insurance?

Not me. Had at least a dozen kiwi mates living in Ranelagh back then. There were a few of them in finance or insurance I think. I assume it was this kiwi you knew that educated you about rugby :D

Not me. Had at least a dozen kiwi mates living in Ranelagh back then. There were a few of them in finance or insurance I think. I assume it was this kiwi you knew that educated you about rugby :D

Yeah but he just considered Ireland opposition training back then... ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I've never understood why you'd want to live in the morass of south Dublin. I grew up in Artane - could be in town in 10 minutes, out in malahide in 15, by the bay in 5. Just better all round really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I've never understood why you'd want to live in the morass of south Dublin. I grew up in Artane - could be in town in 10 minutes, out in malahide in 15, by the bay in 5. Just better all round really.

No! Not you as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Podge_irl wrote: »

But you could be in ballymun in 7 mins, darndale in 10 mins or finglas in 5 mins.
    We can visit Dalkey, Foxrock or Ballsbridge and wear our polo shirts with the collars popped and our boat shoes (fashionably scuffed).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

mfceiling wrote: »
    But you could be in ballymun in 7 mins, darndale in 10 mins or finglas in 5 mins.
    We can visit Dalkey, Foxrock or Ballsbridge and wear our polo shirts with the collars popped and our boat shoes (fashionably scuffed).

Or, from Terenure, you could be in Neilstown more quickly and have the scuffing done for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Buer wrote: »
    Or, from Terenure, you could be in Neilstown more quickly and have the scuffing done for you!

I prefer Ronanstown....More open to sorting out any problems with kicking.

mfceiling wrote: »

Deck shoes you peasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Southside till I die. Right on the border between D24 and D16. Gas the premium people are willing to pay just to have D16 in the address.

Negatives:- Public transport is awful. Access to the M50 really clogs up local traffic at peak times. Takes ages to get to the RDS.

Positives:- Great having the M50 on doorstep (:pac:) On the foothills of the mountains (can be up in the Hellfire/Masseys car park in about 4 minutes).

Has anyone done Zipit up in Cruagh yet? Highly recommend it if you haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I live in Dublin 2.

Benefits, about an 2.5 minute walk from Coppers.
    Negatives, about a 2.5 minute walk from Coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Ballsbridge for me

The benefits should be clear.

The negatives: the northside riffraff who come every Christmas for their yearly pillage of the area. Do they still call it Funderland?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Formerly Stillorgan, which was good for almost anywhere you;d want to go. Now Greystones, so no longer part of the Great County. :(

That said, getting to the RDS or Aviva is pretty handy. Plus the mayhem that is the Dart after games pretty much requires me to go for pints to let it ease off. So that's def a positive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ah I was born in the Rotunda. A great spot, savage craic.

Are there any rugby fans in south Dublin at all? Apart from Venjur?

*waves too*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement