Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

laugh wrote: »
    Clubhouse on TV3 now.

Wow O'Gara, AP McCoy and Conor O'Shea.

Great lineup, entertaining enough tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

That's put a smile on my face awec. Congratulations sir.
    Mine'll be 9 soon and she hasn't failed to drive me bat**** crazy, request help of somekind with something, and make me laugh every single day of her life so far.

And I do apologise for being the first to point it out; but you do realise in about 4/5 years time when she starts having proper, orchestrated birthday parties with friends of hers invited an' all...that they're likely to be organised for Saturdays closest to the birthday???
    i.e. the first or second weekend of February every year will from then on be...your daughter's birthday party weekend.

*gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Zzippy wrote: »
    Great lineup, entertaining enough tonight

The production values are hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

kuang1 wrote: »
    And I do apologise for being the first to point it out; but you do realise in about 4/5 years time when she starts having proper, orchestrated birthday parties with friends of hers invited an' all...that they're likely to be organised for Saturdays closest to the birthday???
    i.e. the first or second weekend of February every year will from then on be...your daughter's birthday party weekend.

*gets coat*

Hahahaha, you're a bad bastard!!

Congratulations Awec!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

awec wrote: »
    So umm... I became a parent today :D

To the most perfect little girl :D

Congrats mate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

That's put a smile on my face awec. Congratulations sir.
    Mine'll be 9 soon and she hasn't failed to drive me bat**** crazy, request help of somekind with something, and make me laugh every single day of her life so far.

*gets coat*

Well... next weekend is break week in the 6n.... he'll have to aim for that one every year.....if he puts the request in now while Mrs awec is still hopped up on drugs he may just get away with it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Congratulations avec. Welcome to mental world of fatherhood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Congratulations, sir. We'll let you enjoy this moment before bringing you back down to earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Congratulations, enjoy every minute of it. My first born will be 21 next week, but I still remember her arrival as if it was yesterday. A truely life changing moment, so enjoy it.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Congratulations, enjoy every minute of it. My first born will be 21 next week, but I still remember her arrival as if it was yesterday. A truely life changing moment, so enjoy it.

I have to say, for me it didn't sink in at all for a while. I didn't really have the road to Damascus moment that many have. Emergency delivery so I was told to go home a couple of hours after the birth. The arrivals were in ICU and the wife was shattered so I found myself at home with a chipper, a bottle of wine and watching a copy of the 2011 HEC semi final to celebrate.

It wasn't until they were a couple of months old that I really felt like I had two new people living with me and that my life had forever altered.

• Advertisement

I'd also like to finally avail of the below which I've been sitting on for 2 years when Awec responded to a post of mine shortly after my arrivals.
    awec wrote:
    Still getting to matches?
    Zzippy wrote:
    Buer, bookmark this post for 3 years time when little awec and Aweca are keeping Daddy up all night and he can't even watch the game on tv cos Peppa Pig is more important...

Bahaha. Let me know how your social life goes in the coming months, awec.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    I have to say, for me it didn't sink in at all for a while. I didn't really have the road to Damascus moment that many have. Emergency delivery so I was told to go home a couple of hours after the birth. The arrivals were in ICU and the wife was shattered so I found myself at home with a chipper, a bottle of wine and watching a copy of the 2011 HEC semi final to celebrate.

It wasn't until they were a couple of months old that I really felt like I had two new people living with me and that my life had forever altered.

I think it's different for everyone. It just sort of felt normal and natural for me when ours arrived. There was no road to Damascus moment for me either. Although I suppose it depends on a lot of things. We are a bit older (late 30s) and have been trying for a few years so it's probably a completely different perspective from someone who has kids earlier and without years of a build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

A stark reminder, if it was needed, that people from North Dublin have no souls

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd also like to finally avail of the below which I've been sitting on for 2 years when Awec responded to a post of mine shortly after my arrivals.

Bahaha. Let me know how your social life goes in the coming months, awec.

My wife was originally telling me to still go to the game tomorrow. :pac:

Either it was the drugs or hormones talking or she secretly doesn’t like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well... next weekend is break week in the 6n.... he'll have to aim for that one every year.....if he puts the request in now while Mrs awec is still hopped up on drugs he may just get away with it!

Not too late to fudge the birth cert either awec!!

Not too late to fudge the birth cert either awec!!

My wedding anniversary is smack in the middle of the autumn internationals too.

A stark reminder, if it was needed, that people from North Dublin have no souls

No problem. I'll just steal one.

Do not, under any circumstances, fall for that trap.

I’m wise to her.

Getting rid of my ticket. At least it’s only italy.

No problem. I'll just steal one.

If you steal one from a southsider don't forget to scrape of the creme fraiche before you consume it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Married at the end of October, she was pregnant in march and before I knew it I had 3 under the age of 3. It is true what they say though....they are easy when they're small.
    Now I'm just a taxi and an atm.

I’m wise to her.

Phew, the tension there for a moment was unbearable.

tenor.gif

Yeah I’d imagine the stress of that would impact on your ability to take it all in. Think mine was more instantaneous because I was the first one to hold her, my ex panicked and wouldn’t take her, so they gave her to me. Pretty much the happiest I’ve ever felt in my life.

Yeah I’d imagine the stress of that would impact on your ability to take it all in. Think mine was more instantaneous because I was the first one to hold her, my ex panicked and wouldn’t take her, so they gave her to me. Pretty much the happiest I’ve ever felt in my life.

My wife had a section, so after our little one was born both myself and baby were basically kicked out of theatre and left in the hall by ourselves so that they could finish the surgery. It was actually a really nice (albeit bizarre) thing to do as I got to meet her in peace. There was literally nobody around.

Wasn't stressed really, it was all just totally surreal. 32 weeks, in the GP at 11am, home for tea and toast, off to the hospital at 2pm as advised, babies arrived at 5.11pm and 5.13pm. I was home on the sofa drinking and stuffing my face by 10pm. Didn't get to hold them for a couple of days so maybe that was a factor.

I wish I had been more aware and taken it in a bit more. It was just a blur of a day once we hit the hospital.

molloyjh wrote: »
    My wife had a section, so after our little one was born both myself and baby were basically kicked out of theatre and left in the hall by ourselves so that they could finish the surgery. It was actually a really nice (albeit bizarre) thing to do as I got to meet her in peace. There was literally nobody around.

It’s funny, after all the intensity involved in the birth, all I remember of those moments was a sense of calm, that’s what I remember most about the whole thing.
    Wasn't stressed really, it was all just totally surreal. 32 weeks, in the GP at 11am, home for tea and toast, off to the hospital at 2pm as advised, babies arrived at 5.11pm and 5.13pm. I was home on the sofa drinking and stuffing my face by 10pm. Didn't get to hold them for a couple of days so maybe that was a factor.

I wish I had been more aware and taken it in a bit more. It was just a blur of a day once we hit the hospital.

Ah sure life with kids has so many moments to remember, I’d imagine even more so with twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I would just like to congratulate the mods on here. Very smart. You knew you'd be losing awec for the 6 Nations so you added a new mod. Well done. That's some Joe Schmidt level of planning.

And of course congrats awec.

I’m wise to her.

My daughter was born on the Thursday and I went to the pub on the Saturday afternoon to watch the French game. My ex now tells my daughter that I went to the pub after she was born to watch the match. Not only do they never forget, they change the story to make it worse!

Nonsense. I was in the Sportsground the day after we got married for a Challenge Cup game, and the day after herself and the baby came home from hospital for the Leinster game. Awec, mothers need bonding time alone with baby. It's not selfish, it's looking after their needs!

;)

• Advertisement

Well I didn't really know Monday confirmations were a thing now. Nor did I expect the post-meal full-on disco at 3.30 in the afternoon. On a Monday. I feel for the hotel staff who have 2 months of this to look forward to on a daily basis...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement