Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should the 14 day quarantine for tourists and Irish remain?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

So one of our family members had to go to Poland via Germany for funeral of her father.
    She'll be back on Friday and there's no way we can get her to to self quarantine on her own as we don't have facilities to do it.
    She will be at home with all of us, so is there actually any one checking if you're quarantining yourself? If not is there actually any penalty that they would legaly put towards her? I know that all the people she was next too on the trip didn't have a single symptoms nor had coronavirus before.

I know she would like to come back to work straigh away and I'm 100% sure her boss would love that too as he doesn't have anyone to replace her with at the moment.

She didn't have to quarantine in Poland just incase.

City west hotel is available for this
    It's where you are told to go on arrival if you've nowhere to self isolate
    The department of health has it on lease

Mortelaro wrote: »
    City west hotel is available for this
    It's where you are told to go on arrival if you've nowhere to self isolate
    The department of health has it on lease
    Needs a gp letter
    Shouldn't be a problem
    https://www2.hse.ie/services/coronavirus-self-isolation-facilities/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Mortelaro wrote: »

City West won't accept anyone thats coming into the country to isolate, had a friend asked last week for his partner who's due to return to Ireland and they said no, its purely for confirmed cases who can't isolate, step down facility for those who were in hospital and close contacts with no symptoms who can't self isolate while waiting for test / results.

Its not a general isolation facility for those coming into the country as self isolation isn't mandatory. That was straight from the HSE and the GP he contacted

City West won't accept anyone thats coming into the country to isolate, had a friend asked last week for his partner who's due to return to Ireland and they said no, its purely for confirmed cases who can't isolate, step down facility for those who were in hospital and close contacts with no symptoms who can't self isolate while waiting for test / results.

Its not a general isolation facility for those coming into the country as self isolation isn't mandatory. That was straight from the HSE and the GP he contacted

No use so

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭damian01211

Oh fair enough so, we'll give her a spare room.
    I've read that quarantine is only mandatory till the 18th of June and I didn't see anything about extending it.
    So I've presume if there won't be a mandatory quarantine they won't be doing any check nor penalties and you're free to go.

Oh fair enough so, we'll give her a spare room.
    I've read that quarantine is only mandatory till the 18th of June and I didn't see anything about extending it.
    So I've presume if there won't be a mandatory quarantine they won't be doing any check nor penalties and you're free to go.

Its not even mandatory. Mandatory to fill in the form. The self isolation is a guideline

Its not even mandatory. Mandatory to fill in the form. The self isolation is a guideline

You're actually true, I just checked the gov.ie and citizeninformation websites and they both mention that you're are gonna be asked to self-isolate, not a single thing about begin a mandatory thing.

Even on the official form all the penalties are about giving a false information on the form, nothing about prison or penalty for not isolating.

Fantastic, that means we don't really have to stay home, even employer of one of family members can't block that person into coming to work.

You're actually true, I just checked the gov.ie and citizeninformation websites and they both mention that you're are gonna be asked to self-isolate, not a single thing about begin a mandatory thing.

Even on the official form all the penalties are about giving a false information on the form, nothing about prison or penalty for not isolating.

Fantastic, that means we don't really have to stay home, even employer of one of family members can't block that person into coming to work.

Yeah the person doesn't have to self isolate, now of course better to limit movements and not be meeting loads of people and work from home where possible.

Yeah the person doesn't have to self isolate, now of course better to limit movements and not be meeting loads of people and work from home where possible.

Of course thats true but because its not mandatory it helps entire family as I thought we all have to be stuck at home for 2 weeks.

Let's hope this entire showdown is over soon and we can comeback to normal life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Of course thats true but because its not mandatory it helps entire family as I thought we all have to be stuck at home for 2 weeks.

Let's hope this entire showdown is over soon and we can comeback to normal life :)

Nobody other than your sister was ever going to have to quarantine, even if they did enforce it on her.

As another poster said though, she should really look at restricting contacts for a few days, and maybe not go back to work straight away, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭plodder

Was just wondering if say we required all incoming visitors (or maybe returning residents also) to put the HSE app on their phone, and maybe also an additional app that tracks their location, and asks them to answer some health questions every day for a couple of weeks, would that be a reasonable compromise instead of enforced quarantine for two weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I see this morning that Spain has lifted quarantine for tourists from UK.
    Am i right in assuming that includes us...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I see this morning that Spain has lifted quarantine for tourists from UK.
    Am i right in assuming that includes us...

All of the EU. It’s been in the news for a couple of weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

If theres a 14 day quarantine in place how does that affect the long haul truck drivers who operate all over Europe daily and travel all over Ireland
    Or what about flight crews? They routinely fly all over Europe and are in contact with multiples of people who may have the virus?
    It is impractical to implement this imo

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

If theres a 14 day quarantine in place how does that affect the long haul truck drivers who operate all over Europe daily and travel all over Ireland
    Or what about flight crews? They routinely fly all over Europe and are in contact with multiples of people who may have the virus?

Sure not. 14 day quarantine is a lip service only thanks god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

It doesn’t apply to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

There was a record number of Covid 19 cases in the World yesterday, over 183.000 cases

Just saying in case people think Covid 19 has gone away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

amdaley28 wrote: »

Just saying in case people think Covid 19 has gone away.

Aren’t you great for reminding us. Do we now go into the bold corner facing the wall?

Virus isn’t going anywhere so learn to live with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Aren’t you great for reminding us. Do we now go into the bold corner facing the wall?

Virus isn’t going anywhere so learn to live with it.

That's your choice :D

Advertisement