Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 likely to be man made

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

And what do you think you know over a former director CDC read the article while not compeling by its simplicity a standout coincidence wuhan also has a Lab that experments with corona virus's

Mod Snip, Disagree respectfully

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

agoodpunt wrote: »
    And what do you think you know over a former director CDC read the article
    Just because he's a former head of the CDC doesn't mean he's infallible.
    The current head of the CDC doesn't believe that the virus is man made or comes from a lab.

Just because he's a doctor, it doesn't mean that he's infallible.
    The vast majority of scientists don't believe the virus is man made or comes from a lab.

So again, what evidence does he present?
    Why is he not part of the conspiracy that all other doctors seem to be involved in?

Professor Bret Weinstein and his wife, Professor Heather Heying, were on Bill Maher's programme a few months ago and they touched on the lab hypothesis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMGWLLDSA3c

"I said I think in June that the chances it came from the lab looked to me to be about 90%." - Professor Weinstein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

King Mob wrote: »
    What evidence does he present?

Is it just based on his authority?

How come he isn't part of the conspiracy that all other doctors are part of?
    Is USA Today also not part of the media conspiracy?

He believes that the reason it so transmissable is because it came from a lab.

"He added: "I do not believe this somehow came from a bat to a human. And at that moment in time, the virus came to the human, became one of the most infectious viruses that we know in humanity for human to human transmission. Normally, when a pathogen goes from a zoonotic to human, it takes a while for it to figure out how to become more and more efficient." "

He also states that it's his theory and that there is no evidence for or against it:

"Redfield, a virologist who headed the CDC under President Trump, stressed several times that this is just his opinion, not a proven fact. "I'm allowed to have opinions now," he said. "Most of us in a lab, when trying to grow a virus, we try to help make it grow better, and better, and better, and better, and better, and better so we can do experiments and figure out about it. That's the way I put it together," he said of his theory."

The current CDC director has said the same they can't prove or disprove his hypothesis:

The current CDC director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, said at Friday's briefing that she didn't "have any indication for or against" the hypotheses and that the White House team is "looking forward" to a report from the World Health Organization that "examines the origin of this pandemic and of SARS-CoV-2 in humans."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-lab-theory-robert-redfield-no-evidence/

I don't know what conspiracy your talking about with the media and doctors as I never mentioned anything about that.

I'm just here to discuss the possibility that the virus escaped from a lab.

"He added: "I do not believe this somehow came from a bat to a human. And at that moment in time, the virus came to the human, became one of the most infectious viruses that we know in humanity for human to human transmission. Normally, when a pathogen goes from a zoonotic to human, it takes a while for it to figure out how to become more and more efficient." "

He also states that it's his theory and that there is no evidence for or against it:

"Redfield, a virologist who headed the CDC under President Trump, stressed several times that this is just his opinion, not a proven fact. "I'm allowed to have opinions now," he said. "Most of us in a lab, when trying to grow a virus, we try to help make it grow better, and better, and better, and better, and better, and better so we can do experiments and figure out about it. That's the way I put it together," he said of his theory."

The current CDC director has said the same they can't prove or disprove his hypothesis:

The current CDC director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, said at Friday's briefing that she didn't "have any indication for or against" the hypotheses and that the White House team is "looking forward" to a report from the World Health Organization that "examines the origin of this pandemic and of SARS-CoV-2 in humans."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-lab-theory-robert-redfield-no-evidence/

I don't know what conspiracy your talking about with the media and doctors as I never mentioned anything about that.

I'm just here to discuss the possibility that the virus escaped from a lab.

Thanks for the link.

Professor Bret Weinstein said something similar on the Bill Maher Show:

"There are lots of viruses that can escape from nature and infect people, but in general they don't have a second trick, that is to say they can infect you, they can make you sick, maybe they can kill you, but they can't jump to the next person. And so what's really conspicuous about this virus is that it had both tricks from the get go: it infects people and it jumps from one person to the next with no explanation."

• Advertisement

So he presents no evidence then.
    Several people here have suggested that all doctors and medical institutions including the CDC are involved in a conspiracy to hide the fact the virus was man made.

Do you believe this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

So he presents no evidence then.

There is no evidence to prove that he is correct or incorrect that's why he is suggesting it as a theory. I never claimed it was the truth, I merely stated that it was a possibility according to him.

Several people here have suggested that all doctors and medical institutions including the CDC are involved in a conspiracy to hide the fact the virus was man made.

Do you believe this is the case?

No.

There is no evidence to prove that he is correct or incorrect that's why he is suggesting it as a theory. I never claimed it was the truth, I merely stated that it was a possibility according to him.
    There is evidence that supports an animal based origin and there is some evidence against the idea of a lab based origin.
    There so far hasn't actually been any solid evidence to support a lab based origin beyond thing like the above with are simple opinion.

The vast majority of people who are suggesting a lab origin in the conspiracy theory context are suggesting the reason for this is that there's a giant global conspiracy to cover up the origin.
    No.
    Ok great.

Ok. So now we've established all of the conspiracy theorist scaremongering about the vaccine is false, what's the objection to the vaccine?

MRNA technology has never been used in humans before. There's no long-term safety testing. Moderna have never had a product brought to market for humans before Covid. Yet, here we are rolling out their jab to the world at large. I'm sure you'll understand those who have at least a slight apprehension re: long-term safety/data, when there simply is none. If something is to go wrong with this new technology down the line, that's a lot of people in trouble.

Further, the pharmaceutical companies have indemnity. Governments have taken on the responsibility. If things go awry, the taxpayer will effectively be suing themselves.

I've had many vaxxes in the past, but will be giving this one a miss. I obviously hope nothing goes wrong in the mid-longer term, but we're in unchartered waters moving forward.
    You're saying that it hasn't been worth it and we should just let old and sick people die.
    Ok.

Never said that. Simply stated the median age of Covid deaths is the same as that for all deaths. Vast majority have underlying conditions. Take it up with the CSO if you want to dispute their statistics.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

MRNA technology has never been used in humans before. There's no long-term safety testing. Moderna have never had a product brought to market for humans before Covid. Yet, here we are rolling out their jab to the world at large. I'm sure you'll understand those who have at least a slight apprehension re: long-term safety/data, when there simply is none. If something is to go wrong with this new technology down the line, that's a lot of people in trouble.

Further, the pharmaceutical companies have indemnity. Governments have taken on the responsibility. If things go awry, the taxpayer will effectively be suing themselves.

I've had many vaxxes in the past, but will be giving this one a miss. I obviously hope nothing goes wrong in the mid-longer term, but we're in unchartered waters moving forward.

Never said that. Simply stated the median age of Covid deaths is the same as that for all deaths. Vast majority have underlying conditions. Take it up with the CSO if you want to dispute their statistics.

So is it only Pfizer and Moderna that are in on the conspiracy to release the virus from the lab then?

How come the other vaccine manufacturers haven't said anything about this as they would surely be in a better position than anyone to see what needs to be seen regarding if it was man made or not. Would think it would be pretty good for the other vaccine companies if they could show their arch enemies were behind it all.

Strange that they haven't done that though don't you think?

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    So is it only Pfizer and Moderna that are in on the conspiracy to release the virus from the lab then?

How come the other vaccine manufacturers haven't said anything about this as they would surely be in a better position than anyone to see what needs to be seen regarding if it was man made or not. Would think it would be pretty good for the other vaccine companies if they could show their arch enemies were behind it all.

Strange that they haven't done that though don't you think?

My post was a response to Mob asking "what's the objection to the vaccine?". Was nothing to do with what you're talking about.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My post was a response to Mob asking "what's the objection to the vaccine?". Was nothing to do with what you're talking about.

Are you aware of the title of the thread?

Ok.
    So specifically what long term effects are you concerned about?
    What long term effects are possible?
    Or is it just a completely vague and baseless fear?
    And how do you know that there's no long term effects from covid?
    Then why is the median age of covid deaths relevant to you?

robinph wrote: »
    Are you aware of the title of the thread?

Yes, I am. However, I was simply answering the man's question. Doesn't explain why you would ramble on about something else in response. I initially thought you were replying to someone else, and had quoted me accidentally.

You need to actually read posts before jumping in. I recall you having trouble with this in the past as well.

Yes, I am. However, I was simply answering the man's question. Doesn't explain why you would ramble on about something else in response. I initially thought you were replying to someone else, and had quoted me accidentally.

You need to actually read posts before jumping in. I recall you having trouble with this in the past as well.
    So to be clear, you agree that covid is likely not man made?
    And you agree that the idea that the virus was specifically man made and released on purpose for some nefarious reason is false?

So to be clear, you agree that covid is likely not man made?
    And you agree that the idea that the virus was specifically man made and released on purpose for some nefarious reason is false?

You need to stop with the "so to be clear, you agree..." type stuff. It's blatant projection of your own beliefs onto others.

I would agree with WHO advisor Jamie Metzl on the matter:

“It seems kind of likely that [if] you have a Chinese lab studying a dangerous virus, and you have a very similar virus that leaps out right next to one of the labs, you could logically…put two and two together.”

https://news.yahoo.com/adviser-says-likely-coronavirus-leaked-200153962.html

From 10.50 to 11.40 on Joe Rogan podcast:

"What are the chances that patient zero, from the series of animal to animal to human trasmissions.. just so happens to show up in Wuhan, which is the only city in China with a Level 4 Virology Institute, that has the world's largest collection of bat coronaviruses... that is doing gain of function research trying to make those viruses more virulent. Particularly by making them more able to infect human cells. So in my mind, if patient zero is just somebody who had an exposure to an animal, the mathematical odds of that person just showing up in Wuhan would be actually... kind of absurd."

Do you believe these absurdities, Mob? Do you still believe, considering the above, that it is not manmade? If so, why?

You need to stop with the "so to be clear, you agree..." type stuff. It's blatant projection of your own beliefs onto others.
    No not really, I don't believe these things, so not sure how they can be "my own beliefs".
    Similarly, it's not "projection." I'm simply asking you to clarify your position. Both of these claims have been claimed here by your fellow conspiracy theorists and they are they options relevant to your objection to robinph's post.
    Typically I find that conspiracy theorists like yourself don't like to be specific and succinct when asked to state their positon.
    I would agree with WHO advisor Jamie Metzl on the matter:
    Ok. You believe that the virus is likely to have been altered.

Do you believe that it was altered on purpose to be released as part of a conspiracy to engineer a global pandemic?

In both cases, do you believe that the vaccine manufacturers are aware of the true origin of the virus?
    Do you believe these absurdities, Mob? If so, why?
    No. I obviously don't.
    I don't believe that there is any evidence to show the virus is in any way man made, and there's some evidence that it is not.
    I don't believe it was released deliberately as part of a global conspiracy.

Any chance you'll be going back to address my questions in my previous post?

No not really, I don't believe these things, so not sure how they can be "my own beliefs".
    Similarly, it's not "projection." I'm simply asking you to clarify your position.

I never said I didn't believe it was manmade, or anything of the sort, so why would you say "so to be clear, you agree that Covid is likely not manmade..."? It's the equivalent of putting words in one's mouth. You believe the official story, so I can only assume it was a form of projection.
    Both of these claims have been claimed here by your fellow conspiracy theorists and they are they options relevant to your objection to robinph's post.
    Typically I find that conspiracy theorists like yourself don't like to be specific and succinct when asked to state their positon.

I can't speak for others; they may have similar or different opinions to me. We don't all have to share the same viewpoints. Remember, it's conspiracy theories. That's the point: discuss theories. You're talking as if you expect every single person who doesn't believe the official story to come on here and all agree in unison on every detail. Not realistic.
    Ok. You believe that the virus is likely to have been altered.

And you believe that a virus which broke out in Wuhan, where a lab that was actively altering coronaviruses to make them more able to infect human cells, was not likely to be altered? Ok.

I would agree with the WHO advisor on this. Logic would suggest it's certainly possible the virus was altered.
    Do you believe that it was altered on purpose to be released as part of a conspiracy to engineer a global pandemic?

I'm not sure re: this. We'll probably never know for sure.
    In both cases, do you believe that the vaccine manufacturers are aware of the true origin of the virus?

I don't know. Their job is to make the vaccines for the virus, not worry about it's origins.
    Any chance you'll be going back to address my questions in my previous post?

I will go back and look tomorrow. Or next year. But I shall answer ;)

I never said I didn't believe it was manmade, or anything of the sort, so why would you say "so to be clear, you agree that Covid is likely not manmade..."? It's the equivalent of putting words in one's mouth. You believe the official story, so I can only assume it was a form of projection.
    I asked if that's what you believe. That's what a question mark is for.
    I'm sure you'd also be upset if I asked it the other way around.
    I can't speak for others; they may have similar or different opinions to me. We don't all have to share the same viewpoints. Remember, it's conspiracy theories. That's the point: discuss theories. You're talking as if you expect every single person who doesn't believe the official story to come on here and all agree in unison on every detail. Not realistic.
    But if any of the theories were true and based on any kind of reason or evidence, they would converge towards a single truth.
    If they were just fantasy and based on imagination, they would diverge and form many different ideas.

Also, a lot of these conspiracy theories are contradictory and incompatible. It can't be both a secret plan to release the virus to cause a fake pandemic and also an accidental release of the man-made virus that's being covered up.
    And you believe that a virus which broke out in Wuhan, where a lab that was actively altering coronaviruses to make them more able to infect human cells, was not likely to be altered? Ok.
    Lol. That's not what I said or what my position is. What was that about putting words in people's mouths?
    I would agree with the WHO advisor on this. Logic would suggest it's certainly possible the virus was altered.
    Ok. What evidence does he provide to the respected academic journal of "Joe Rogan's Podcast"?
    I'm not sure re: this. It's certainly possible. We'll probably never know for sure.
    No, I don't think such a thing is possible and relies on a lot of fantasy thinking about how a global conspiracy could work. It's no more possible that a global conspiracy to convince people the world is round.
    I don't know. Their job is to make the vaccines for the virus, not worry about it's origins.
    This is a silly thing to claim. To develop vaccines, they would have to look into the virus extensively. Specifically for the new mRNA vaccines, they would be looking at the genetics of the virus in extreme detail.
    You are suggesting that during all of this, they did not notice any sign that would indicate the virus is man made. So either they are incompetent to the extreme, since conspiracy theorists with no training or education in virology could already tell the virus was man made, or the evidence of it being man made is undetectable, which is contradictory as again conspiracy theorists have already detected this.
    I will go back and look tomorrow. Or next year. But I shall answer ;)
    No, you won't. You'll continue to ignore them I think. They are too hard for you to address without exposing the gaping holes in your position.

You're once again dodging points that you can't address.
    Btw, you're absolutely OBSESSED with the whole 'flat earth' thing. You're constantly bringing it up in different posts :D D
    I bring it up because it's an apt comparison to many of the conspiracy theories you and others subscribe to.
    It relies on the same kind of logic and assumptions you guys use. For example, to believe (or even entertain) that the covid pandemic is manufactured, you have to believe that all governments and organisations and scientists must all be involved with a singular conspiracy that is kept nearly perfectly secret. The same is so for the Flat Earth theory.

You realise that the Flat Earth theory is bare faced nonsense, yet you don't want to apply the same skepticism to conspiracy theories you prefer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Just watching Panaroma right now.

They are just losing samples and it looks likes Mcdonalds workers in charge of determining whether you are positive or negative.

For example, to believe (or even entertain) that the covid pandemic is manufactured, you have to believe that all governments and organisations and scientists must all be involved with a singular conspiracy that is kept nearly perfectly secret. The same is so for the Flat Earth theory.

Not at all. A small number of people leaking a virus from a lab doesn't require the knowledge or agreement of "all governments and organisations and scientists". The virus is out there. Governments/organisations/scientists now have to deal with it. Why would they all have to be in on it from the start? That's a silly statement.

Anyway, how about a magic trick? I'm gonna make myself disappear... to bed. Goodnight, Mob. Legend. We'll talk again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You're once again dodging points that you can't address.

I bring it up because it's an apt comparison to many of the conspiracy theories you and others subscribe to.
    It relies on the same kind of logic and assumptions you guys use. For example, to believe (or even entertain) that the covid pandemic is manufactured, you have to believe that all governments and organisations and scientists must all be involved with a singular conspiracy that is kept nearly perfectly secret. The same is so for the Flat Earth theory.

You realise that the Flat Earth theory is bare faced nonsense, yet you don't want to apply the same skepticism to conspiracy theories you prefer.
    Honestly, the multi quote replying is tedious and counterproductive if you want to discuss something in earnest.

Equating the flat earth theory with a general lab-origjn hypothesis for the virus is absolutely bonkers btw, one is a fanciful myth that seems to be more of a meme than a credible position anyone holds, the other is a hypothesis that experts in the field state is a distinct possibility. This extends to the head of the WHO and several leading media and (western) governments and experts.

Are such red herrings and false equivalencies even allowed under the charter for this forum?

Just watching Panaroma right now.

They are just losing samples and it looks likes Mcdonalds workers in charge of determining whether you are positive or negative.

I saw a clip of that earlier. Whole thing is a shambles.

Anyway, vaxx passports etc about to be rolled out, if they can push it through. "Vaccine bonuses" from Micheal Martin to start the coercion. All predicted way back last year. Follow the big money investments behind the scenes to see the future. Vaxx passports will facilitate the digital ID system and everything else which will follow.

Can't wait :pac:

Equating the flat earth theory with a general lab-origjn hypothesis for the virus is absolutely bonkers btw, one is a fanciful myth that seems to be more of a meme than a credible position anyone holds, the other is a hypothesis that experts in the field state is a distinct possibility. This extends to the head of the WHO and several leading media and (western) governments and experts.

Exactly. Costs Mob a lot of credibility bringing up the same nonsensical comparisons continuously.
    Are such red herrings and false equivalencies even allowed under the charter for this forum?

Good point. Maybe the mods can advise further on this? Happening all the time.

I saw a clip of that earlier. Whole thing is a shambles.

Anyway, vaxx passports etc about to be rolled out, if they can push it through. "Vaccine bonuses" from Micheal Martin to start the coercion. All predicted way back last year. Follow the big money investments behind the scenes to see the future. Vaxx passports will facilitate the digital ID system and everything else which will follow.

Can't wait :pac:

Quite a few leaps of logic in that. I don't need a crystal ball to see that most governments and their populations will do pretty much whatever it takes to overcome this current situation. I'm not sure of the benefits of a "passport" of immunity, though it has precedent e.g. for the Hepatitis B vaccine. Digital IDs are not needed or required for a vaccine rollout btw.

Not at all. A small number of people leaking a virus from a lab doesn't require the knowledge or agreement of "all governments and organisations and scientists". The virus is out there. Governments/organisations/scientists now have to deal with it. Why would they all have to be in on it from the start? That's a silly statement.
    But here, you both are not accurately representing what I actually said.
    I did not say that believing in a solely a lab-origin was equivalent to believing a flat earth.

I said:
    "to believe (or even entertain) that the covid pandemic is manufactured".
    And the original point was:
    Several theorists here have suggested that the pandemic is fake, and that all governments and scientific organisations are involved.

Digital IDs are not needed or required for a vaccine rollout btw.

They're not. But they will facilitate it amongst other things into one integrated system. Gates talked about it at the very start of the pandemic. See his ID 2020 project. He's been on the money with nearly everything so far, so I'll believe him on this.

I did not say that believing in a solely a lab-origin was equivalent to believing a flat earth.

I said:

Several theorists here have suggested that the pandemic is fake, and that all governments and scientific organisations are involved.
    You literally described it as an apt comparison...

• Advertisement

I said:

You're backtracking now. You said:
    For example, to believe (or even entertain) that the covid pandemic is manufactured, you have to believe that all governments and organisations and scientists must all be involved with a singular conspiracy that is kept nearly perfectly secret. The same is so for the Flat Earth theory.

You're always banging on about Flat Earth theory and using it as a comparison to every conspiracy theory in an attempt to derail. It's ridiculous and doesn't work, mate, so do yourself a favour and stop doing it :pac:

Advertisement