Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA UFC 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

What time can I play the McGregor fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophies are out there. All fairly simple bar these 2, specifically the Blitz winner if there's going to be as many people competing as I think there will be.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11228-ea-sports-ufc-4

Achieve Ultimate Victory in Blitz Battles.
    Become champion and defend the title once in Online World Championships.

Clinch Mechanics tutorial. This is a big help for getting a good early start on competition.

And Nunes is the top rated fighter.

m1o2gzzx7ef51.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Are they doing the 10hr trial thing they do with new releases?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Are they doing the 10hr trial thing they do with new releases?

Yupp, it's going live sometime after midnight tonight on EA Access. EA didn't say what time exactly though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone getting it on EA access? Assume its the 10hr limit as normal. Not sure ill bother, did it with Fifa last year and all it does is annoy you when the time runs out and you have to wait days to play the game again.

Axwell wrote: »
    Anyone getting it on EA access? Assume its the 10hr limit as normal. Not sure ill bother, did it with Fifa last year and all it does is annoy you when the time runs out and you have to wait days to play the game again.

Yupp, my plan is a couple of hours a night to stretch it out, feel out career difficulty levels to decide what i will start as in the full game.

Im tempted to play a bit of career but i know I’ll probably end up jumping online which is a but of a waste. Cant see myself playing it on legendary, would rather a first play through thats enjoyable, not too easy but not a ball breaker either. Will probably save legendary for a second or third play through if career turns out to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No sign of any pre downloads for the ea access anyway.

I'll just stick to career mode id say to get a feel for it. Don't wanna waste my time learning off transition denials for online until it fully comes out. Will probably play a few online games all the same

I'm gonna wait for legend for 2nd playthrough but i want to see the difference between normal and hard. I saw a free career videos on normal and they are just spamming punch and getting handy ko's which i know will become boring but legendary looks a pain to learn moves so hoping hard will be a nice inbetween to keep things interesting. Will be doing an easy career at some point for the trophy 'defend the belt 12 times consecutively'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Forgot I had EA Access, nice surprise to be able to put a few hours into it this weekend to get a feel for the game. I’ll probably spend the 10 hours trying to find as many ways to spam and cheese easy wins as possible playing others respectfully online in the spirit of a true martial artist.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Might be the best time to start a new US account so, get 7 day free trial with ea Access, download and install ufc 3 from it and get 20% discount off UFC 4.

Is the 20% discount just from buying it via UFC 3 or is it via ea access. - thought it was 10% via ufc 3?
    Going to setup my US account - I already have UFC 3 in my library from my Irish account so I dont need it from ea access..but do I need to do it via ea access to get the 20%?

Is the 20% discount just from buying it via UFC 3 or is it via ea access. - thought it was 10% via ufc 3?
    Going to setup my US account - I already have UFC 3 in my library from my Irish account so I dont need it from ea access..but do I need to do it via ea access to get the 20%?

10% off if you buy it from the ufc 3 menu. Then when you get to checkout, it will add another 10% discount if you have ea Access.

For anyone who didn't know, you get ufc 3 free with ea Access so sign up for free trial or just pay 1 month sub, download ufc 3 and then buy ufc 4 through the ufc 3 main menu for 20% off.

Ugghh..sony and their digital content. I own ufc 3 on Irish account but cant access the pre order discount via my us account as dlc content is region locked (seems the preorder is like a dlc). So need to go download the game via ea access just to go in and pre order 4..still 20% off and paying in $ probably makes up for the hassle and effort.

How do non gamechangers on Youtube have the game now?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    How do non gamechangers on Youtube have the game now?

Apparently game shops in America have this in stock and one either employee or friend of employee posted a pic of it, guessing plenty other people in the same boat.

Some really great videos on Takedown defense, submissions, transition fakes and defending transitions.

There are good vids, can't help but notice that he seems to be using the new controls vs the legacy ones in them - would assume he played ucf3 but has decided to embrace the new controls

There are good vids, can't help but notice that he seems to be using the new controls vs the legacy ones in them - would assume he played ucf3 but has decided to embrace the new controls

I have a feeling he was told to give a tutorial but use new controls which was weird cuz they weren't really needed in those videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Are we sold on the new controls then or will a lot of people still revert back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haven’t played the full game yet but based on the beta, there’s zero chance I’ll use the new controls, legacy all the way.

There’s absolutely no skill or nuance in the new ground system from what I’ve played of it (not a lot tbh).

Will definitely use legacy. They're not exactly new controls, more simplified and gives you less options

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haven’t played the full game yet but based on the beta, there’s zero chance I’ll use the new controls, legacy all the way.

There’s absolutely no skill or nuance in the new ground system from what I’ve played of it (not a lot tbh).

I'll give it a go but by the sound of things ill be switching ha.

Kinda crap so hopefully its improved or its one of those things u pick up with time.

Oh the new controls are unplayable for anyone who has played it before. It's basically there to appease to anyone who said the controls were too complicated but went way too far. I'm sure reviewers will have an easier time and therefore give a higher score.

Oh the new controls are unplayable for anyone who has played it before. It's basically there to appease to anyone who said the controls were too complicated but went way too far. I'm sure reviewers will have an easier time and therefore give a higher score.

FFS :pac: I'm curious to see how bad they are at least haha.

Also it was hinted that legacy controls were going to be completely removed so no one could complain it was too complicated anymore. Pure rumour but wouldn't put it past EA. Also a game changer hinted the game was designed to be reviewer friendly which you can take blame them for wanting better reviews and sales.

Also it was hinted that legacy controls were going to be completely removed so no one could complain it was too complicated anymore. Pure rumour but wouldn't put it past EA. Also a game changer hinted the game was designed to be reviewer friendly which you can take blame them for wanting better reviews and sales.

I hope there in there otherwise there will be some serious backlash when the game is released!

I hope there in there otherwise there will be some serious backlash when the game is released!

Oh they are thankfully. Beta became so much better when i switched to legacy and turned off the red effect that fills half the screen when someone is rocked.

• Advertisement

Oh they are thankfully. Beta became so much better when i switched to legacy and turned off the red effect that fills half the screen when someone is rocked.

Is the submission system still the same? I noticed it looks different on screen if anything it makes the whole thing seem even more confusing!

Is the submission system still the same? I noticed it looks different on screen if anything it makes the whole thing seem even more confusing!

Ha yeah, they said the new sub system is easier but everyone had problems with it in the beta. I posted a video here this morning where a guy shows how the new sub system works.

Ha yeah, they said the new sub system is easier but everyone had problems with it in the beta. I posted a video here this morning where a guy shows how the new sub system works.

Seen that just haven't given it a look yet. I was hoping they would tighten it up a bit because it was one of the main things I had issues with last time around. Got to the point I was trying to avoid fighters with high sub stats as if they got u down you where ****ed ha.

From Reddit, but make sure to explicitly close the application and not just switch off the console etc to ensure the timer doesn't stay running for ea access

From Reddit, but make sure to explicitly close the application and not just switch off the console etc to ensure the timer doesn't stay running for ea access

Hopefully there is a glitch for the timer, previously this existed on madden and other games. It wasnt on Fifa last year but was the year before, worth keeping an eye on twitter and reddit anyways and see if anyone mentions one.

• Advertisement

Big patch dropped this morning, lot of changes, some absolutely brilliant like you can now skip the 'emote off' at the start. Also, it was funny how Wonderboy tweeted at EA joking about his head size and now the're fixing it.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-4/news/closed-beta-changes

Also, Gameplay Deep Dive release:
    https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-4/news/new-gameplay-deepdive
    Full Patch List:

General
    Added training manual feature. Learn the controls and the meta behind submissions, striking, ground and pound, and the clinch. The training manual can be found under offline modes in main menu and game help in the pause menu
    At launch UFC community tutorial videos will be added as well, these will cover deeper gameplay meta/strategy including ground game and submissions
    Added skip functionality to pre-fight and post-fight emotes
    Fixed an issue with lack of blood/damage when playing consecutive matches
    Fixed issue causing notable ear deformation
    Fixed facial animation issue affecting fighter likeness on fighter select screen and in fighter portraits
    Tuned muscle definition on all fighter models
    Fixed an issue with glove touch functionality

Miscellaneous updates to some UFC fighter appearances/likenesses (Not all of these will be available for the EA Access Play First Trial, some may not show until worldwide launch on August 14th). Notable changes:
    Donald Cerrone – hairstyle and facial hair (beard)
    Paul Felder – body proportions and facial hair (increased width/volume of upper torso)
    Paulo Costa – body proportions (increased width/volume of Costa’s torso and shoulders)
    Stephen Thompson – body proportions (reduced size of head)
    Cody Garbrandt – updated body likeness and facial hair
    Sean O’Malley – hair color
    TJ Dillashaw – updated body likeness

Striking
    Fixed animation issue with jab into jumping spinning body kick combo
    Fixed an issue where jab feints were affecting takedowns
    Improved responsiveness of combo inputs
    Fixed issues with strikes not triggering if the input could also be used for a cage strike. For instance, fighters who had the cage superman punch could not perform the regular superman punch.
    Fixed animation issues with spinning elbow
    Fixed sprinting knee inputs

Grappling
    Added player indicators to the submission HUD to identify who’s attacking and defending
    Takedown denial now taxes attacker’s stamina
    Depleting health in side control now leads to knee on belly
    Fixed an issue where grapple assist sometimes lead to additional inputs
    Fixed dead frames on the transition to knee on belly

Ground and Pound
    Added HUD during ground and pound to highlight available transitions and submissions
    Added ground and pound transition from half guard up to full guard for the sub fighter
    Increased stamina penalty for missed strikes during ground and pound
    Tuning: lowered temporary damage for most positions
    Tuning: reduced vulnerability when posting to straights
    Tuning: increased permanent damage

Submissions
    Improved visibility of submission HUD options
    Submissions have been tuned:
    Decreased movement penalty for the defender.
    Decreased the effect of small stamina advantages.
    Decreased submission strength for most submissions - the Back Flat Rear Naked Choke was the only exception. This was done in a way that increases the contrast between the stronger and the weaker submissions.

Clinch
    Sub fighter's strikes no longer interrupt cage power takedowns
    Added single leg drive from knee catch position
    High block no longer interrupts clinch cage takedowns
    Cleaned up animations for knees in the catch teep kick position
    Removed blocking of dominant fighter's body knees from single under cage. These are supposed to be countered with the wizer escape, pressing the left stick towards the opponent’s underhook, the opposite direction to the one used for the regular escape.

AI
    AI can now defend cage single under body punches
    Decreased the speed of harder AI response to submission prompts
    AI submission skills have been tuned on various difficulties
    Increased the AI’s ability to defend strikes in cage single under when hurt
    Fixed an issue where the AI was unable to defend back pack position
    Fixed an issue where the AI idles in cage back clinch
    Added 30+ new custom AIs for roster fighters
    Updated AI movement and cage awareness logic
    Increased the effect of the opponent’s stats on AI gameplan
    Camera
    Camera adjusted during Imanari Roll

They need to fix Conors head! For one the most recognised faces of the Ufc it's awful.

EA Access trial is live. You have to go to the ps/xbox store and search ufc 4. You will then have a download link. 7gb is a bit small though.

7Gb is just the first section to be able to play, theres another 27Gb after that.

Still downloading. Going into local lockdown here so will breeze through those 10 hours haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

How/why is DJ in the game?!

Beersmith wrote: »
    How/why is DJ in the game?!

Probably something to do with the video game likeness in his contract. Didn't think they could still use it after they left though but maybe that's part of the contract.

The Jon Jones standing guillotine /choke a man to death and dump his dead body on the ground move is savage looking in this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC/comments/i5jox7/thats_just_wrong_new_animation_walk_away_sub/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

This is brilliant and he's not wrong. Wish they got Roxy in as well.

https://twitter.com/ThugnastyMMA/status/1291520996109946887?s=19

Havent got to play yet, probably will later. Whats the verdict so far?

Havent got to play yet, probably will later. Whats the verdict so far?

Spent 30 minutes making a character who turned out nothing like i wanted :) still in the amateur part of career where each fight is like a tutorial against a different type of fighter. My guy is **** bit i love the new fluidity of the fight going from standup, clinch to the ground. The scrambles are great.

Playing Blitz at the moment which is great. Today's event is 5 rounds and then a finale. The rules are FW and 1 minute rounds, really quick.

Got absolutely done by 2 decisions of fights i definitely won. Need to look at the tutorials and get some practice fights in. I'll be on again tomorrow night if anyone fancies a few scraps.

I'm in the UFC done one fight there and about 6 or 7 total. It feels way too easy, it's apparently hard difficulty but I've finished everyone in first or second round so far. Was able to upgrade to 5 star punch speed and punch power straight away.

3 hours burned through and really really enjoying it however

I'm in the UFC done one fight there and about 6 or 7 total. It feels way too easy, it's apparently hard difficulty but I've finished everyone in first or second round so far. Was able to upgrade to 5 star punch speed and punch power straight away.

3 hours burned through and really really enjoying it however

What fight style and weight class did you go with? I just got to the fight to impress Dana against the wrestler, fight like a noob throwing everything to put him away and impress the boss. Completely blew my gas tank and couldn't finish him and got ko'd in the last 5 seconds :pac: Quit straight away, gonna run that one back and fight normally this time.

What fight style and weight class did you go with? I just got to the fight to impress Dana against the wrestler, fight like a noob throwing everything to put him away and impress the boss. Completely blew my gas tank and couldn't finish him and got ko'd in the last 5 seconds :pac: Quit straight away, gonna run that one back and fight normally this time.

Went LW and boxer. You?

Yeah I went to contender series but didn't get the UFC offer first time around. You need to finish in the first round to get it guaranteed and I finished in the 2nd.

A couple of wins in the WFA and I was back on the contender series and got UFC call up after that.

I feel like it's easy to break their block and then after that the punches cause a lot of damage. Also I haven't found many of them trying to take the fight to the ground which was strange as that's my weakness.

Haven't done online yet so that's a different kettle of fish altogether.

• Advertisement
Advertisement