Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dozz

Service appointment booked for Tuesday.

First issue is a really loud, high pitched buzzing coming from back of the car. Happens when I turn on climate remotely. This seems to trigger the battery to precondition - on the climate page of the app it shows a red battery with a red snowflake in it on top right of app screen. Has happened both Saturday and Sunday morning. Lasts about 20 mins and then stops and the red battery icon disappears.

Second issue is a rumbling/vibration noise when the car is sitting still, either parked or at lights. Car rumbles noticeably every 20 seconds or so. Seems to be the A/C as when I turn it off it doesn’t happen.

:(

Hi Wayne.
    I have the same rumbling/vibration you describe as your second issue. I just assumed it was the heatpump doing its thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Dozz wrote: »
    Hi Wayne.
    I have the same rumbling/vibration you describe as your second issue. I just assumed it was the heatpump doing its thing.

Mine feels too noticeable and frequent to be normal so want to get it checked out. I’ll report back what they say on Tuesday and let you know.

Mine feels too noticeable and frequent to be normal so want to get it checked out. I’ll report back what they say on Tuesday and let you know.

Have turned on the climate remotely just now and have the same issue as well.
    You might let me know how you get on?

Have turned on the climate remotely just now and have the same issue as well.
    You might let me know how you get on?

Will do, hopefully just sensors or something. Saw a post online where a guy had some similar issues and they replaced the AC pump.

Other than these issues car is driving great.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rg_lv

Will do, hopefully just sensors or something. Saw a post online where a guy had some similar issues and they replaced the AC pump.

Other than these issues car is driving great.

Are your cars MIC or fremont?

• Advertisement

rg_lv wrote: »
    Are your cars MIC or fremont?

MIC

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Sam W

The red battery with snowflake is a new feature in the recent update, which means it will heat up the battery first to optimise the battery performance. Let me check if mine has that kind of noise later.

I have the rumbling feel as well. I didn’t actually notice it at all but missy was asking yesterday why it vibrates once a while like a petrol car does. Not too noticeable for us anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Hmm I set the climate earlier and thought it sounded fairly loud. Let's see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I asked about the heat pump temperature sensor on the new cars and asked for my VIN was on the recall list. I was told no. Let us know how you get on

There is a tiny bit of high pitch sound from outside of the car. The noise inside the car is quite minimal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Sam W wrote: »
    There is a tiny bit of high pitch sound from outside of the car. The noise inside the car is quite minimal.

I can hear mine from inside the house

Anyone have plans to get a ceramic coating or detailing done? Just can't justify the cost of it, would be willing to pay €300 to get a valet done but not the crazy pricing of €1500 I have been seeing.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Anyone have plans to get a ceramic coating or detailing done? Just can't justify the cost of it, would be willing to pay €300 to get a valet done but not the crazy pricing of €1500 I have been seeing.

I was thinking of it but it does seem like mad money..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'm going to do my own. I've gtechniq crystal serum light ready to go and Exo V4. Gonna hopefully be only 2 days work. Paint is in very good condition so should only need 1 step polish.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    I'm going to do my own. I've gtechniq crystal serum light ready to go and Exo V4. Gonna hopefully be only 2 days work. Paint is in very good condition so should only need 1 step polish.

I have a few swirls etc in the paintwork. Anyone recommend a treatment to correct this? Thanks

This is what they said on the groupon page:
    Bronze package includes: two-year warranty | Ceramic Pro Nano Polish | one layer of Ceramic Pro Light | one layer of Ceramic Pro Rain for all window glasses | one layer of Ceramic Pro Plastic for all plastic rims | one layer of Ceramic Pro 9H on outside of the wheels

I’ve purchased one and going to call them on Monday to check details. My previous experiences with Groupon are not that good to be honest..

Did you ever call these guys?

Did you ever call these guys?

No I didn't. Wasn't there something mentioned on the add that the price doesn't include for detailing on the paintwork or something like that?

• Advertisement

For anyone who wants to buy the Groupon voucher, just to be aware that they are in Athy instead of Dublin. They also don't answer emails, website messages or Facebook. The number left on Groupon - I called like 20 times within 3 days in a row. The first time it went through. I told the lad that I bought a voucher and wanted to schedule an appointment. He told me he would call me back. He never did. All the rest attempts went straight to voicemail.

I had to go through a hell lot of conversations with Groupon to get the voucher refunded. So I would suggest that anyone who wishes to purchase the voucher, call them first and see if they can give you an appointment, before paying for the voucher.

We just noticed there's a bit of scratch on the passenger side of the door. Not too noticeable at first but once you notice it, it just becomes so obvious that you can't unsee it. Looks like those rubber straps during transport.

546204.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A valet can be done at home. Do it yourself.
    If you want a ceramic coating, there’s deffo more cost effective options out there.

Who priced €1500?

Just bear in mind, it’s not something that can be done at home in the garden.

No I didn't. Wasn't there something mentioned on the add that the price doesn't include for detailing on the paintwork or something like that?

Yes. The Groupon offer didn’t match what the bronze offer on their site was.

I have a few swirls etc in the paintwork. Anyone recommend a treatment to correct this? Thanks

How competent are you with a machine polisher?

Gumbo wrote: »
    How competent are you with a machine polisher?

Never used one before to be honest

We just noticed there's a bit of scratch on the passenger side of the door. Not too noticeable at first but once you notice it, it just becomes so obvious that you can't unsee it. Looks like those rubber straps during transport.

546204.jpg

That looks like sanding marks. Maybe to fix a factory paint defect.
    Was it there when you bought new?

Never used one before to be honest

Only way to properly remove swirls is by machine polish.

Even at that, I use a DA Polisher which is dual action and is idiot proof. You won’t get 100% correction like a pro but a pro would be using a rotary Polisher which has no forgiveness.

For the DA, my current set up is Rupes Uno Protect and sealed with P&S Beadmaker. Then I use the Beadmaker after every was as a drying aid and top up.

I personally haven’t got a ceramic coating either. As you need indoor space to let it cure out of the elements.

• Advertisement

After seeing a 152 golf with a ceramic coating looking 10 times better than my brand new 211 model 3, I may have to reconsider.

After seeing a 152 golf with a ceramic coating looking 10 times better than my brand new 211 model 3, I may have to reconsider.

This is it. But a ceramic coating is not a shield.
    The owner still needs to actively mange the car wash procedure.

People “into” cars will pay for the coating.

The reason the gold looked better IMO is because the paint correction removed all defects, popped the paint, then the coating on top helps with sort not sticking to the clear coat. This means maintenance washing is easier.

It doesn’t mean you can go to the circle k drive through wash, it doesn’t mean you can was yourself in a garage using the brush tool. It doesn’t mean you can go to a manned car wash that the lads use the sponge on the cars wheels in front of you, then use the same sponge to do your car.

Washing using the correct products that won’t hard or eat into the ceramic coating is required. Whoever installs the coating will guide you on the the maintenance washing and what top up/spray on products will help in maintaining the coating. Many offer maintenance washing too.

That looks like sanding marks. Maybe to fix a factory paint defect.
    Was it there when you bought new?

Yeah it was delivered on Friday and I only had a short drive-through to pick up a takeaway since then.

Yeah it was delivered on Friday and I only had a short drive-through to pick up a takeaway since then.

2 options.
    Let Tesla fix it.
    Get it sorted yourself.

Considerations.
    Will Tesla fix it or make it worse.

2 options.
    Let Tesla fix it.
    Get it sorted yourself.

Considerations.
    Will Tesla fix it or make it worse.

I've booked a service appointment and will see how it goes. Missus won't approve the idea that we have to pay for something that we didn't do :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dead right, over to Tesla to make right, AFAIK they have a Galway and Dublin third party that handles their bodywork paint corrections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Anyone having the issue that their Boot lid isn't fitted correctly ? Did you get this fixed under warranty ?

Was out at the supercharger near our place and saw loads of cars that have the same issue, essentially the Boot lid is touching the bumper and scratching the paint.

I'm noticing more and more Niggling issues with the car now after 8 months of ownership.

Window Wipers have no rain sensor so at night time they won't activate from Road Spray meaning you had to manually mess around with the controls on the Display.

Theres a squeek from the back seats as theres a gap between the seats and the bulkhead, they said here this is "Tesla Standard" and you can improve it by putting from sticky pads on the bulkhead to eliminate the gap.

The Cruise Control is complete trash, it will randomly brake on its own if it sees a shadow on a road from an overpass, speed limit recognition is very hit and miss (compared to nearly every other system i've used (VAG/Jaguar/Ford/Volvo)

Cameras get obstructed very easily, you'll get constant warnings driving in the rain.

Paint is not very good quality, there are areas where its very thin.

The ICE in the car will sometimes crash requiring a restart, not the end of the world but it is rather annoying (and disconcerting for passengers)
    There was a software issue last year that if you tried to use Netflix while Sentry mode was activated, it would crash and restart then the HVAC would come on full blast for around 10 seconds blowing cold air into the car.

Software updates seem to always bring new issues, the latest one was just after christmas, CCS Charging with non Tesla Chargers wasn't possible anymore, luckily was near home so went and plugged into an AC Charger, had to cancel a planned trip though.

The only thing that's a major positive for me is access to the Supercharger Network :pac:

Girlfriend won't drive the car as the Cruise Control dropped the anchor on her in the middle of a National Road, with nothing around. A truck almost ploughed into the back of us :rolleyes:

Yes she was watching the road and paying attention but she really didnt understand what the car was doing

redcup342 wrote: »
    Anyone having the issue that their Boot lid isn't fitted correctly ? Did you get this fixed under warranty ?

Was out at the supercharger near our place and saw loads of cars that have the same issue, essentially the Boot lid is touching the bumper and scratching the paint.

I'm noticing more and more Niggling issues with the car now after 8 months of ownership.

Window Wipers have no rain sensor so at night time they won't activate from Road Spray meaning you had to manually mess around with the controls on the Display.

Theres a squeek from the back seats as theres a gap between the seats and the bulkhead, they said here this is "Tesla Standard" and you can improve it by putting from sticky pads on the bulkhead to eliminate the gap.

The Cruise Control is complete trash, it will randomly brake on its own if it sees a shadow on a road from an overpass, speed limit recognition is very hit and miss (compared to nearly every other system i've used (VAG/Jaguar/Ford/Volvo)

Cameras get obstructed very easily, you'll get constant warnings driving in the rain.

Paint is not very good quality, there are areas where its very thin.

The ICE in the car will sometimes crash requiring a restart, not the end of the world but it is rather annoying (and disconcerting for passengers)
    There was a software issue last year that if you tried to use Netflix while Sentry mode was activated, it would crash and restart then the HVAC would come on full blast for around 10 seconds blowing cold air into the car.

Software updates seem to always bring new issues, the latest one was just after christmas, CCS Charging with non Tesla Chargers wasn't possible anymore, luckily was near home so went and plugged into an AC Charger, had to cancel a planned trip though.

The only thing that's a major positive for me is access to the Supercharger Network :pac:

Girlfriend won't drive the car as the Cruise Control dropped the anchor on her in the middle of a National Road, with nothing around. A truck almost ploughed into the back of us :rolleyes:

Yes she was watching the road and paying attention but she really didnt understand what the car was doing

Well after 3 days of ownership I've had the cameras show as obstructed when the sun was beaming off them. Autopilot still worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,725 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've had the cameras show as obstructed when the sun was beaming off them.

yeah, get used to that happening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Folks think someone mentioned before about tire rotation -> at 10k km now and was going to drop in and have it done.
    Any idea of the price?

jusmeig wrote: »
    Folks think someone mentioned before about tire rotation -> at 10k km now and was going to drop in and have it done.
    Any idea of the price?

Tesla seemingly charge €90!!!

a local garage/tyre place will probably do it for less than €20

I'm at 24k and still haven't done it, and probably won't either. When the time comes I'll put a brand new set on the rear, and not a set with 20k+ on them....

If you do get it done locally, just remember the torque is slightly higher than standard for Tesla's, its 175Nm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

jusmeig wrote: »
    Any idea of the price?

Is that still a thing?

slave1 wrote: »
    Dead right, over to Tesla to make right, AFAIK they have a Galway and Dublin third party that handles their bodywork paint corrections

Ace Autobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

slave1 wrote: »
    Is that still a thing?

Yeah I saw a post on the Tesla forum that folks were having it done, so out of the bordem of lockdown I decided to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Does the 'Buy Upgrade' option in Tesla website work for anybody? I click the button and it just redirects me back to my account summary page.

(The upgrade option in the app works fine. Just the website doesn't work for me.)

Does the 'Buy Upgrade' option in Tesla website work for anybody? I click the button and it just redirects me back to my account summary page.

(The upgrade option in the app works fine. Just the website doesn't work for me.)

It's been like that a few weeks now, possibly in anticipation of a new suite of potential upgrades & subscriptions (FSD subscription coming at some stage this year)

You should still be able to upgrade through the app..

For anyone who just got the 2021 Model 3, this is well worth getting:

Car Central Armrest Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 2021 Accessories Center Console Flocking Organizer Containers Car Interior
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLDtZQT

Mine arrived today and it fits perfectly, looks OEM - even the flocking matches perfectly with the existing interior of that space.

Ordered from the link above about a month ago and it arrived today FYI.

For anyone who just got the 2021 Model 3, this is well worth getting:

Car Central Armrest Storage Box For Tesla Model 3 2021 Accessories Center Console Flocking Organizer Containers Car Interior
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLDtZQT

Mine arrived today and it fits perfectly, looks OEM - even the flocking matches perfectly with the existing interior of that space.

Ordered from the link above about a month ago and it arrived today FYI.

Ordered the same earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

How long of a test drive does Tesla typically offer? I won't be able to afford a new Tesla just yet but would love a test drive so I can aim towards it.

How long of a test drive does Tesla typically offer? I won't be able to afford a new Tesla just yet but would love a test drive so I can aim towards it.

I took about 40min . They didn't set a time for me before I left and didn't mention time when I got back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement