Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

SpitfireIV wrote:
    Ed f&$king Sheeran!! Why do I have to be, what it seems like, constantly bombarded by him and his music. Why is it that when you say you can't stand him or his dross people look at you as if you've just insulted their sainted mother!! Why is it that he's become so important in the music industry when he's just a singer with a guitar, there's nothing particularly special about what he does, his music doesn't blow me away by any means but it seems increasingly as if music is becoming Ed Sheeran.

I hear you.

Used to get the same looks yrars ago when i declared that i did not like David Gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I hear you.

Used to get the same looks yrars ago when i declared that i did not like David Gray.

David Gray is like Tapioca pudding made with urine...

I haven't met a single person who likes/ liked him. When RTE did a one hour 'special' dedicated to his 'one' album that seemingly only got popular in Ireland... I was confused, to say the least.

I'm on your side here, is what I'm saying. He's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Wasn't too bad until he thought he was an actor...

Cue appearances in Game of Thrones, and the movie 'Yesterday'. Both times he got a warmer reception than James Corden- but someone sharting in your face would still be greeted with a warmer welcome than Corden. Most everyone else was confused and mildly angry.

He was 3rd choice for Yesterday apparently, after Harry Styles and someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Actually stick Adele on the list and her music for women in their pajamas crying into a tub of Ben & Jerry's moaning about how all men are b@stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I'm a woman. I can't abide Adele and her moany music.

• Advertisement

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Actually stick Adele on the list and her music for women in their pajamas crying into a tub of Ben & Jerry's moaning about how all men are b@stards.

Adele can actually sing and write a decent track.

Wrote a Bond theme that 'felt' like a Bond theme, rather than some crappy Madonna track that was an abomination to Man and God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Today I will mostly be inexplicably not being able to stand Aisling O'Loughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Alan Hughes on the other hand... everything about him feels off. He's like Henry Sellers, even down to the fake hair.

Never been a fan of Alan Hughes and even less so when last November he got 230,000 of taxpayers money for his pantomime because of Covid. Theres lots of genuine artists out there who got nothing yet Hughes gets 230,000 quid for a panto that is effectively an annual nixer for him and his husband on top of their other jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Never been a fan of Alan Hughes and even less so when last November he got 230,000 of taxpayers money for his pantomime because of Covid. Theres lots of genuine artists out there who got nothing yet Hughes gets 230,000 quid for a panto that is effectively an annual nixer for him and his husband on top of their other jobs

Alan Hughes is a prick. Him and that other illiterate braying ass Tommy Bowe.

jaffusmax wrote: »

Did she find somewhere else to post her rants? Insta shut her down.

• Advertisement

The back of public toilet doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

David Gray is like Tapioca pudding made with urine...

I haven't met a single person who likes/ liked him. When RTE did a one hour 'special' dedicated to his 'one' album that seemingly only got popular in Ireland... I was confused, to say the least.

I'm on your side here, is what I'm saying. He's rubbish.
    White Ladder is part of that unholy turn of the millennium trilogy that also includes Didos No Angel and Moby, Play. No escaping them if you tried.

Muahahaha wrote: »

When that HUGE SWEET €€€ PAYDAY was announced by Catherine Martin wasn't yer man on the radio/ tv bitching about it wasn't nearly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

When that HUGE SWEET €€€ PAYDAY was announced by Catherine Martin wasn't yer man on the radio/ tv bitching about it wasn't nearly enough

He was on radio (Liveline) bitching about UL’s panto having a Scottish producer. Then the Scottish producer rang in to defend himself and Hughes’ backpedaling was hilarious (you should try and find the Liveline thread from that day). He was a very lucky boy not to have been sued afterwards. He made out on the show that he would be almost penniless if they (him and his husband Karl) if they didn’t get this “help” from the Govt. This was a few weeks after he’d been in some rag doing one of those house tours on his “fabulous” home btw.

He was given a soft ride (careful) by Joe Duffy of course as Joe was in his panto a few years ago. You’d think it was the Royal Shakespearean production of Hamlet the way Duffy talked about it and not some innuendo-laden amateur dramatics production.

They ended up doing the panto once (not a typo) and recorded it, they were going to show it as a drive through in Malahide Castle at €50 a car which ultimately got cancelled (possibly by the Gardai).

So they got €230,000 for one performance.

He was on radio (Liveline) bitching about UL’s panto having a Scottish producer. Then the Scottish producer rang in to defend himself and Hughes’ backpedaling was hilarious (you should try and find the Liveline thread from that day). He was a very lucky boy not to have been sued afterwards. He made out on the show that he would be almost penniless if they (him and his husband Karl) if they didn’t get this “help” from the Govt. This was a few weeks after he’d been in some rag doing one of those house tours on his “fabulous” home btw.

He was given a soft ride (careful) by Joe Duffy of course as Joe was in his panto a few years ago. You’d think it was the Royal Shakespearean production of Hamlet the way Duffy talked about it and not some innuendo-laden amateur dramatics production.

They ended up doing the panto once (not a typo) and recorded it, they were going to show it as a drive through in Malahide Castle at €50 a car which ultimately got cancelled (possibly by the Gardai).

So they got €230,000 for one performance.

Haha.....I was actually tuned in that day........incredulous would be an understatement!!!! You're 100% right about Joe & himself thinking they were being lined up for the Oscars. I estimate I'll pay 250,000euro in PAYE in my lifetime..........so basically Sammy sausage got my lifetimes worth of PAYE for one stupid recording?????

James cordon and his smithy character

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

Telegram app. Apparently she isn't going anywhere! Rants indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

jaffusmax wrote: »

Understandable..

Understandable..

People like her are intoxicated with their own self importance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Understandable..

My eyes made me think it said job not jab for a second. Hear she's living in France. They're welcome to her.

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote: »
    My eyes made me think it said job not jab for a second. Hear she's living in France. They're welcome to her.

I've a sneaking suspicion she's being paid by someone. I know there was this article a few days/ weeks ago where 'influencers' noted they'd been approached to 'provide evidence' of the vaccines causing problems.
    In turn, they'd be paid for their efforts.

It's the only I can see the likes of O'Doherty, Waters, O'Loughlin etc managing to be able to support themselves, since they don't seem to be getting paid via any other source.

Some are 'denying' their being paid by outside sources. I don't buy it-if they're happy to peddle crazy conspiracy theories, I'm sure they're happy to take money for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Never heard of Aisling O'Loughlin had to google her. Shes the oldest looking 43 yo ive ever seen.

Never heard of Aisling O'Loughlin had to google her. Shes the oldest looking 43 yo ive ever seen.

Yeah, she always looked a decade older than she was supposed to. When she was a news reporter on TV3 News, she looked WAY older than her years.

Thinking of it all the wicked people i know are like her. Dehydrated looking and that weird junkie sucked in face. Evil wears a mask.

Thinking of it all the wicked people i know are like her. Dehydrated looking and that weird junkie sucked in face. Evil wears a mask.

e4373f5a85944e79f675a4438db4c60a.jpg

Roald Dahl nailed it, pretty much.

Wickedness tends to corrupt from within.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I've a sneaking suspicion she's being paid by someone. I know there was this article a few days/ weeks ago where 'influencers' noted they'd been approached to 'provide evidence' of the vaccines causing problems.
    In turn, they'd be paid for their efforts.

It's the only I can see the likes of O'Doherty, Waters, O'Loughlin etc managing to be able to support themselves, since they don't seem to be getting paid via any other source.

Some are 'denying' their being paid by outside sources. I don't buy it-if they're happy to peddle crazy conspiracy theories, I'm sure they're happy to take money for doing so.

That would make sense all right. Waters and Gemma are definitely getting funding from somewhere. Allegations that this O Loughlin wan is being paid by a firm from Russia.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40300973.html

That would make sense all right. Waters and Gemma are definitely getting funding from somewhere. Allegations that this O Loughlin wan is being paid by a firm from Russia.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40300973.html

I watched her insta video (before it was deleted) and she denied it... I'm not buying her story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

I wish. I've had a few beautiful, wholesome looking people do fairly horrible things to me.

e4373f5a85944e79f675a4438db4c60a.jpg

Roald Dahl nailed it, pretty much.

Wickedness tends to corrupt from within.

This made me very happy thanks lad

• Advertisement

STOP THE PRESS

Kathryn Thomas is expecting her second child!

Advertisement