Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Alan Hughes

Obnoxious and rude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Alan Hughes

Obnoxious and rude

Agree 100%, totally obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Anna Maxwell Martin who was Carmichael in Line of Duty. She permanently has a really punchable “told you so” expression on her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

What does Sharon Shannon do other than play the same tune over and over again on that irritating instrument

Maggie Gyllenhaal

She just annoys me

• Advertisement

What does Sharon Shannon do other than play the same tune over and over again on that irritating instrument

Well, she successfully appealed a drink driving charge on a technicality, the gard had typed up the paperwork on the wrong date, that's something??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Eddie Redmayne . No idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Eddie Redmayne . No idea why

Creepy, that Fantastic Beasts thing was on a while back and he actually looks like the actual Ginger plant,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Irish chef, Clodagh McKenna.
    Plays up the Irish thing and overacts the skittish crazy Irish wan.
    Cringe everytime I see her

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Well, she successfully appealed a drink driving charge on a technicality, the gard had typed up the paperwork on the wrong date, that's something??

There was some batsh1t evidence presented in that case.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/shannon-accused-of-lying-in-drink-driving-case-1.1306462
    Award-winning Irish traditional musician Sharon Shannon was accused by a judge yesterday of telling blatant lies while giving evidence in a drink driving case.

Shannon, of Devon Gardens, Salthill, Galway, denied she had been driving her car which crashed into a parked car at 6.30 a.m. on September 26th, 2001, at Taylor's Hill, Galway.

Shannon was found guilty of drunken driving by Judge Mary Fahy. She was fined €800 and disqualified from driving for two years. Recognisance was fixed in the event of an appeal.

A breath sample taken from Shannon at Galway Garda station following her arrest showed a reading of 99 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath - almost three times over the legal limit.

After hearing lengthy evidence in the case, Judge Fahy said it was based on lies. "The court has been subjected to total and utter and outright lies by the defendant and her witnesses. They told blatant lies in this court today. I'm quite happy that the driver was Sharon Shannon. Coming into court and telling lies under oath is considered minor by these people," Judge Fahy said.

Garda Pádraig Nee gave evidence that Shannon's car had crashed into a parked car and when he arrived at the scene he found the accused and a companion, Mr Leo Healy, standing on the roadway nearby. He asked who was driving the car and Shannon admitted she had been driving.

The Garda said Mr Leo Healy then told him he had been driving and at that stage Garda Nee took Shannon aside and asked her again if she had been driving. Shannon again admitted she was the driver.

Garda Nee said he noticed the accused was unsteady on her feet. Her speech was slurred and he got a strong smell of alcohol from her breath. He arrested her on suspicion of drunken driving and took her to Galway Garda station where she later provided two samples of her breath to Garda Seán McCole, for analysis.

Mr Leo Healy gave evidence he had been driving Shannon's car at the time of the crash. He said she had told the Garda she was driving to cover for him, but he had protested with Garda Nee that he had been driving.

Mr Healy admitted not having insurance and to having consumed 10 pints of Guinness at a party they had been to in the Crane Bar, Sea Road, Galway, prior to the accident.

He said he had waited in the Garda station while Shannon was being processed following her arrest and had not told anyone there he was the driver.

Singer/songwriter, Frankie Lane told the court he had been a back seat passenger in Shannon's car at the time of the accident and that Mr Healy had been driving. He suffered a broken nose and concussion in the accident and claimed he went to sleep in a nearby garden after first taking Shannon and Mr Healy from the car.

Mr Lane was uncertain about what time he woke up in the garden, but he walked into town and collapsed while eating breakfast in a cafe. He was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Mr Tony Joyce, who was asleep in his house nearby when the collision occurred, said he came out and found two people, a man and a woman standing near the crashed car.

Insp Tony O'Donnell said both Mr Healy and Lane were telling lies and had tried to mislead the court. Shannon gave evidence that she was very drunk on the night and banged her head off the windscreen in the impact. She said she made the admission that she was driving to Garda Nee because she knew Mr Healy was not insured to drive her car.

"All I remember is that it was definitely Leo who was driving and not me. I was really drunk. On the night I said I was driving because I was trying to protect Leo," she told Judge Fahy.

Judge Fahy said she was "quite happy" the accused had been driving the car. She noted that if Mr Healy had been driving the car he would have protested at the Garda station instead of waiting quietly for his companion while she gave a sample.

• Advertisement

" 10 pints of Guinness and no insurance"........" fell asleep in a nearby garden"
    that sure was sone yarn/ you couldn't make this stuff up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

" 10 pints of Guinness and no insurance"........" fell asleep in a nearby garden" that sure was sone yarn/ you couldn't make this stuff up

They did!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Bob Carolgees

Paul Dano

A great actor I can’t deny, but has quite a punchable face

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Paul Dano

Don't know him but just googled and yep got one of those smug faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Paul Dano

I’ll join in with good kick into the bridge of the nose….

Who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Archeron

spookwoman wrote: »
    Don't know him but just googled and yep got one of those smug faces.

Me too. He looks like a dinner plate with a face painted on it.

Head on him like a three iron.

Must be related to JK Scott…. Packers punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

John Virgo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Must be something in it
    I could never stand original catchphrase host Roy Walker or the catchphrase reboot host Stephen Mulhearn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stephen Mulhearn makes my skin crawl, there's something so utterly superficial about him, it's like he's been genetically engineered from other lesser superficial gameshow hosts to be just a veneer of shiny itv plastic teeth and personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Paul Dano

You'd enjoy the movie Prisoners so :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Alan Hughes

Obnoxious and rude

The very worst c*nt to ever soil this land.

The very worst c*nt to ever soil this land.

Aah heeyur……Dr Panti Bliss is worse.

Scrawny kernt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I feel like Mulhern was hated by a LOT of those untalented presenters. (I remember Brian Ormond wasn't a fan-but then again, you won't find too many who were fans of Ormond either... notably, the Viper).

Alan Hughes on the other hand... everything about him feels off. He's like Henry Sellers, even down to the fake hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Esho

Myles Dungan. The self importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    You'd enjoy the movie Prisoners so :pac::pac:

And this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ed f&$king Sheeran!! Why do I have to be, what it seems like, constantly bombarded by him and his music. Why is it that when you say you can't stand him or his dross people look at you as if you've just insulted their sainted mother!! Why is it that he's become so important in the music industry when he's just a singer with a guitar, there's nothing particularly special about what he does, his music doesn't blow me away by any means but it seems increasingly as if music is becoming Ed Sheeran.

Oh yeah and if he's so gawd damn amazing how come he didn't find a cure for covid or something?! Guess he's too busy playing Lego.

It's ok, I'm good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Paul Dano

He's one of those fellas that's so unique looking you're always aware you're watching at him. Like Barry Keoghan.
    Their face doesn't express range past the way its set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Ed f&$king Sheeran!! Why do I have to be, what it seems like, constantly bombarded by him and his music. Why is it that when you say you can't stand him or his dross people look at you as if you've just insulted their sainted mother!! Why is it that he's become so important in the music industry when he's just a singer with a guitar, there's nothing particularly special about what he does, his music doesn't blow me away by any means but it seems increasingly as if music is becoming Ed Sheeran.

Oh yeah and if he's so gawd damn amazing how come he didn't find a cure for covid or something?! Guess he's too busy playing Lego.

It's ok, I'm good.....

Wasn't too bad until he thought he was an actor...

Cue appearances in Game of Thrones, and the movie 'Yesterday'. Both times he got a warmer reception than James Corden- but someone sharting in your face would still be greeted with a warmer welcome than Corden. Most everyone else was confused and mildly angry.

Advertisement