Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'' Barstool Republicans''

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I just want peace and equal rights for all.

good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I stood next to the Dessie Ellis gang of supporters in the RDS count centre during the last election.

Dodgy as fucck is the only way to describe them. I felt uneasy. They stomped around the place in groups jeering other candidates and generally acting the maggot.

Who were you expecting to be hanging out with the likes of Dessie Ellis

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Truthvader wrote: »
    Who were you expecting to be hanging out with the likes of Dessie Ellis

Good republicans.

Good republicans.

You've read Gerry Adam's novel so, " A Good Confession "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

That is nothing OP.
    I was at college a few years back for the societys open day.
    At the close the Sinn Fein party were closing up and folded the Tricolour in quarters. I was effing morto for them.
    Imagine claiming to be a Republican and not knowing how to fold the flag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

I think he is referring to folks,who purport to support republicanism...but shy away when push come to serve....not the general population

Its usually the quiestest most unassuming people,who end up with the fiercest republican streak,very few active rural republicans wake up on sundays with hangovers......

ould lads living on isolated farms,their involvement virtually unknown even in their own areas are what backboned the provos down south and played a huge almost unacknowledged part in the troubles......its a reason why likes of martin ferris are held in huge esteem,he's one of their own

Fair point about a Kerry Man like Ferris , but he was hardly unknown back in the day. Didn’t he get caught being involved in the Gardai raid on the import of guns into Kerry via The US in the 1980s (history repeating itself like Austin Stack )

Special Branch and the Army G2 had pretty damn good intelligence on most suspects and supporters back then . Leitrim is an woeful place for quite Ra types and loud mouths - compensating for their point active record during 1916-1921 ? Lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

That is nothing OP.
    I was at college a few years back for the societys open day.
    At the close the Sinn Fein party were closing up and folded the Tricolour in quarters. I was effing morto for them.
    Imagine claiming to be a Republican and not knowing how to fold the flag?
    Folding
    Fold the orange section over on top of the white section.
    Turn the flag over and fold the green section over similarly on top of the opposite side of the white section.
    Fold the flag in half doubling the orange section in on top of itself, leaving the green on both sides of the remaining square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Folding
    Fold the orange section over on top of the white section.
    Turn the flag over and fold the green section over similarly on top of the opposite side of the white section.
    Fold the flag in half doubling the orange section in on top of itself, leaving the green on both sides of the remaining square.

No that is too complex for the baby shinners, might as well roll it in a ball and throw it in the corner. That is the future leadership of Sinn Fein

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

I've an accent that's more English than Irish due to more years spent there, a mate introduced me to someone he knew, and without humour asked me 'If I was on a tour of duty in Ireland', didn't bother me as I'm not English, just thought 'what a prick'.

Advertisement