Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

How much do they stick out from your ear? What's the sound like bass etc?

Cheers!

This was a big thing for me, wanted buds that didn't stick out at all, tried the Samsung buds live knock offs to see how they were and were a perfect fit, so shopped around for the genuine ones. They're brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

That seems like a online shop with plenty of feedback. Should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

coldfire1x wrote: »
    That seems like a online shop with plenty of feedback. Should be fine.

Good stuff very tempted to pick these up next week so reviews seem very good no reason to pay same price for older model I guess.

Hopefully there's a big difference in the overall package going from the ones I already have.

Good stuff very tempted to pick these up next week so reviews seem very good no reason to pay same price for older model I guess.

Hopefully there's a big difference in the overall package going from the ones I already have.

They are reviewed very well. I had 65T which I thought was very good. Now with two generation advancement 85T will be quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

You can also get the Galaxy Bud Pros and WF-1000XM3s for around the same price as them on some of the European Amazons

xtal191 wrote: »
    You can also get the Galaxy Bud Pros and WF-1000XM3s for around the same price as them on some of the European Amazons

Yep im actually starting to consider the Galaxy buds pro now instead they seem to offer more of what im looking for especially having a Samsung phone.

They seem smaller and look bit more tidy in the ear as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

These are getting great reviews and ship from Poland. Tronsmart Apollo Air with active noise canceling and aptX. Their previous Apollo Bold also get great reviews everywhere and are pretty well known, these are smaller and neater than those, but the quality is apparently just as good. I didn't get the Bold because they looked pretty big, and I had bought a fair few too at that stage, but think I will be taking a punt on these.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002318291207.html

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

Anyone any experience with the Jabra Elite range compared to Samsung and Sonys best?

I have a pair of these atm https://www.amazon.co.uk/UMI-Bluetooth-headphones-earphones-intelligent-GREY/dp/B07N428SG9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=6DWFM1R7WIYA&dchild=1&keywords=umi+earbuds&qid=1622274992&sprefix=umi+%2Caps%2C254&sr=8-3

To be honest there actually fairly decent especially considering the price but they tend to have issues with one bud dying this is my 3rd pair! The only reason I've stuck with them is because they replace them for free so feck it.

Anyway I looked into getting a more premium pair before but the money and range put me off there where so many types and so many conflicting reviews I gave up.

I have a Samsung phone so buying Samsung buds seemed like a good fit but they where getting mixed reviews. Sony seemed to be top of every list but they look huge!

Than there's Jabra which I am seeing mentioned an awful lot now. What are the main differences other than price in the elite 65t 75t and 85t?

Is it worth spending the extra for the newest model? I've seen the 85ts for 150 euro which seems in around the standard price for most buds.

I picked up the 65t in Hardly Normal for just under €50 based on a recommendation on here.
    They are excellent value for money, the fit is great, they sit and seal nicely in the ear canal and are fairly low profile.

112143 wrote: »
    I picked up the 65t in Hardly Normal for just under €50 based on a recommendation on here.
    They are excellent value for money, the fit is great, they sit and seal nicely in the ear canal and are fairly low profile.

Went with the Galaxy Buds Pro, in the end, got them for 139. Happy so far comfortable nice fit doesn't stick out much sound very good from what I've heard. The only issue but nothing huge is the material they're made from the fact it's going into your ear and warming up there gonna need cleaning a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Went with the Galaxy Buds Pro, in the end, got them for 139. Happy so far comfortable nice fit doesn't stick out much sound very good from what I've heard. The only issue but nothing huge is the material they're made from the fact it's going into your ear and warming up there gonna need cleaning a lot.

where did you get the buds pro for 139?

• Advertisement

Ammobile Mary Street Dublin city centre. They're not fake either I made sure.

€145 + shipping on Germany Amazon
    Or Silver or Violet for €135.50 on Italy

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Galaxy%20Buds%20Pro

Suckit wrote: »
    €145 + shipping on Germany Amazon
    Or Silver or Violet for €135.50 on Italy

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Galaxy%20Buds%20Pro

150 odd including shipping on .de. 148 euro on .it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Thanks to those who linked and vouched for the Vankyo x400s. Arrived today and I’m hugely impressed.

By far the best budget wireless earbuds I’ve ever used and I’ve used many.

Call quality from this set is stellar which is something most cheaper earbuds don’t offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Thanks to those who linked and vouched for the Vankyo x400s. Arrived today and I’m hugely impressed.

By far the best budget wireless earbuds I’ve ever used and I’ve used many.

Call quality from this set is stellar which is something most cheaper earbuds don’t offer.

Got to say the same. They were a spur-of-the-moment purchase for me and now I'm using them all the time.

Another Haylou set getting great reviews. I bought them for a birthday present.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002281317167.html
    There is a code I found afterwards that takes off $3 - M2PVLT
    It was these or the Tronsmart, and I punted for these, but will probably end up getting the Tronsmart for myself anyway.

They have an updated Qualcomm QCC3040 chip (with AptX Adaptive support), Bluetooth version 5.2 (better operating stability and better autonomy), CVC8.0 noise reduction mode, as well as a large 12 mm dynamic driver.
    • Model: Haylou MoriPods
    • Bluetooth version: 5.2
    • Communication range: 10 meters
    • Audio codecs: AptX, AAC and SBC
    • Emitter: 12mm dynamic driver
    • Noise Reduction: CVC8.0
    • Number of microphones: 2 x 2 microphones
    • Chip: Qualcomm QCC3040
    • Frequency response range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
    • Battery capacity: headphones - 35 mAh, case - 310 mAh
    • Playback: 6 hours
    • Total working time: 24 hours
    • Charge time: 2 hours
    • Material: ABC plastic
    • Weight: headphones - 4 g, case - 35 g
    • Water resistant: IPX4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone recommend decent pair of over ears headphones ? Looking for some for sons 20th birthday .Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭dball

shardylan wrote: »
    Anyone recommend decent pair of over ears headphones ? Looking for some for sons 20th birthday .Thanks

these are great and a good battery life
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NM3RSRQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

shardylan wrote: »
    mpow h12
    I love mine
    Great reviews also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭padjocollins

dball wrote: »

these were recommended on this forum
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cancelling-Headphones-VANKYO-Bluetooth-Comfortable-Black/dp/B0868MDSL5/ref=psdc_310193011_t2_B07NM3RSRQ

they have cvc 8.0 to focus on the callers voice and dual microphones. i have them and am fairly happy though i haven't tested out calling with them that much. They feel like a premium product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

My pair broke this evening.

Can anyone recommend best pair from an actual shop? Over ears preferably, in ear don’t seem to ever stay in :(

I know I’ll be limited but circa €50. I use them just when running and for taking calls.

Any of these any use?

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9189317/Trail/searchtext%3EWireless+headphones.htm

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6162234/Trail/searchtext%3EWireless+headphones.htm

In Dublin so near any shop really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I just bought these they are amazing i have to say. Sound is incredible.
    They were 57 euro when i bought them. Free delivery.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001625122784.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl 14/06 €30
    True Wireless Earbuds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bambi wrote: »
    Anyone feel like recommending a set of USB wireless headphones with good sound quality, mic and physical, non-capactive controls (seriously lads, those dozy "touch" controls are not designed for touch at all )

Seems as how no-one here was arsed recommending anything, I'd recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-G1WL. They're a few years old and use the old usb connector plus the mic won't work on a usb 3.0 port but the build and audio quality is excellent and the mic is better than most wireless headsets. good physical controls too. Decent price here, shipping was fast.

https://www.wifimedia.eu/en/audio-technica-ath-g1.html

Part of oneplus 10 year anniversary events. According to the newsletter (latest not yet on milled) you can get 1 pair of oneplus buds offered for €89 if you buy one pair, using the app.
    So it means two pairs for the price of one as far as I can make out.
    You put both pairs in the basket and the discount happens automatically.
    https://www.oneplus.com/ie/store-app/why-download-the-app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

ablelocks wrote: »

When I go to checkout with these, it comes to £64.

Up to now with Brexit, I always assumed that when the UK vat was taken off, and the Irish vat added on, it'd be a couple of £ over the UK price like it used to be when Irish vat is added but not £15 over the UK amount.

It looks like the import duties are calculated as 23% of £99 instead of as 23% of £50.

Does anybody know if Amazon usually refund the difference for this or if it's a case of paying the £64 as the final price?

I've a feeling it'll sort itself and that the £15 will come back in a refund at the end of the month like all those £0.01 and £0.02 Amazon refunds lately.

It appears I've sadly misplaced my Jabra Elite 65ts :-(

I'm pretty convinced the battery was not holding a full change anyway, oh well I guess now I have an excuse to replace them :-)

As someone who is terminally indecisive could someone please help me decide on a replacement ideally I'd like something that's also suitable for exercise.

It appears I've sadly misplaced my Jabra Elite 65ts :-(

I'm pretty convinced the battery was not holding a full change anyway, oh well I guess now I have an excuse to replace them :-)

As someone who is terminally indecisive could someone please help me decide on a replacement ideally I'd like something that's also suitable for exercise.

If you want to stick with Jabra:

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/jabra-elite-75t-true-wireless-active-noise-cancelling-earbuds-with-wireless-charging-enabled-black.html

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/jabra-elite-active-75t-true-wireless-bluetooth-earbuds-with-active-noise-cancellation-titanium-black.html

If you want to go really premium :D

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/wireless-headphones/sony-wf-1000xm4-true-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-black.html

Great reviews but costs a lot.

A cheap one recommended earlier in the thread for about €20

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANKYO-Headphones-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Earphones-Gray/dp/B08FLGHKHB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+x400&qid=1619024874&sr=8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ablelocks wrote: »

Just a note on the Echo Buds, it looks like you can only have one concurrent Bluetooth connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

smilerf wrote: »
    I have the original h12
    They are really good

Cheers might pull the trigger on them, I'd prefer the usb type c charging over micro usb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

CREATIVE OUTLIER ONE V2

€24 delivered at the moment directly from Creative. I just bought a second pair of these and find them great.

The site also has a banner for €5 off your first order when signing up to the newsletter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

brightkane wrote: »
    CREATIVE OUTLIER ONE V2

€24 delivered at the moment directly from Creative. I just bought a second pair of these and find them great.

The site also has a banner for €5 off your first order when signing up to the newsletter.
    My go-to long battery buds tbh, I'm useless and have managed to lose the tips a few times gotta love creative customer support 7 quid and delivered new ones in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

brightkane wrote: »
    CREATIVE OUTLIER ONE V2

Has to be a purchase of over €50. Lucky my wife wants a pair too. Actually , that's still not enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Good pair. I recently returned a pair to Creative. One ear stopped working. But great value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

GBX wrote: »
    Good pair. I recently returned a pair to Creative. One ear stopped working. But great value for money.

I had a couple with that issue. And I'm careful with my earphones, I rarely break them. Their returns process, though broke me. I gave up on returning the first pair after battling the RMA process for a few weeks. When the 2nd pair failed I just binned them. Always loved created products. And I loved these earphones.

Maybe it was just me and others have had a better experience with their returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I was looking for a set of earphones for bed and ended up ordering the Realme Buds Air 2 Neo. Scarbir.com mentioned they're comfy lying down and with a helmet on so figured they were worth a shot. So far I'm very impressed. Comfy, sound good and interfacing with the phone is better than the couple of others I have. I was worried about the touch control because it's a pain on my Mpows, but these are far less sensitive and everything seems to require more than one touch so that might fix all the issues.

I'll try them in bed tonight and report back if there's any issues.

I got them for $38USD from the realme EU store, sent from France. Arrived in about a week via DPD.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002533013765.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Creative Outliers V2

I bought a twin pack there before Christmas. I've bought 6 sets in total over the years for family use.

They're still the best value earphones out there.

The battery warning beep is fierce annoying though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I have a pair of the Aurvana Trio Wireless. They're excellent in terms of sound quality but the Creative beep is abysmal (makes me think of charging at 50% at times) and their carrying pouch is beyond useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Jeez I remember that they start low battery beeping way to early. When the battery is at 30% or something. Maybe running them too low is very bad for the battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Creative low battery beeb is very annoying though you wont get much better for the price. Free shipping this week also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Creative Outliers V2

I bought a twin pack there before Christmas. I've bought 6 sets in total over the years for family use.

They're still the best value earphones out there.

The battery warning beep is fierce annoying though!

Have a pair myself since Christmas. Were working really well until suddenly only one ear bud would connect. Then eventually after a lot of resetting and disconnecting the other would connect but sound kept dropping from one to the other and then both drop out. Same issue on multiple devices. They are going back. This is the third type of Outlier Air I've had. Many problems with the V1, eventually replaced and then had an issue with low sound. They replaced with V1 gold and were working great until I dropped one onto the sea. Got the V2's then and they haven't lasted either unfortuneatly. Have Jabra 75t active now. Excellent. If they last a couple of years at least then they are well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks,

Does anyone know when the Pixel Buds A will be available for sale? They are getting favourable reviews and seem to tick a lot of boxes for €99.

The Sennheiser CX 400BT are on sale at the minute on amazon France for €89 + shipping.
    I bought the Apollo Air and I bought myself the Haylou Moripods after hearing the others I bought as a present, but they haven't arrived yet, I think (hope) they arrived in Ireland last Friday, so I might avoid extra charges, otherwise I am going to have to pay.
    So not likely I could justify buying the Sennheiser too.

Well happy with the Tronsmart though. Great sound from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭oodles19

Any recommendations in the €40-€60 range there lads? I'm looking for earbuds, preferably with volume control...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I think the vankyo x400 has volume control and within budget, but they dont seem to be listed on Amazon anymore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They've been de-listed for about a month now. That's the trouble with non established brands unfortunately, sometimes they just vanish from existence 🤣

Advertisement