Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter Weather 2015/16 : See Mod Note Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

The ecm has the best ideas. The gfs just wants to drag the high eastwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lashing rain again in the NE, even when i get some respite from it coming from the west, it starts from the east

I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

It must've rained heavily all night here in Meath/West Dublin again. Rain pooled all over the place with submerged garden in parts yet again. Will it ever end.
    I think I'll go and watch that BBC broadcast as consolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

East Meath absolutely sapped this morning, more water sitting in the garden / fiels this morning than in any December day, despite me not even noticing the overnight rain..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Some interesting coloured clouds dumping over Killarney earlier. That grey/yellow shade that speaks of snow.. a slight salting on the northerly mountains here but no real rain. Almost put washing out.. South Kerry mountains 400 asl.. Just seen the met ie yellow alert for tomorrow...and a loud deluge now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A real dance here in the North East this morning. A loud night of rain, light brought sheets of cloud, a seeming static blanket. Then a break to ripples of blue and the clouds sweeping southward only to wheel and flow to the west. Drizzle spoils the light and flees then to fifty shades of grey clouds unsure where to ramble.

Now bright overhead, grey to the east but no sign of further rain.

The fields until this morning were sponges weeping water at the slightest touch but now lie beneath that water. Flooded roads are clearing and a few hours more should see the fields return to green hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I really wonder if this could be a duller than normal January as last year was exceptionally sunny here?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

been raining about 16 hours now, water everywhere again, fields waterlogged and roads partially flooded.

Gonzo wrote: »
    been raining about 16 hours now, water everywhere again, fields waterlogged and roads partially flooded.

Yes was checking aa roadwatch and you have it bad. In Killarney only the Lower Ross road is closed and that is a commonly flooded area at the best of times. Dry roads around Tralee is a rare event these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Gonzo wrote: »

Amazing the difference inside the core of a low pressure if you're not underneath the circulating rain train
    Bone dry all day in Arklow yesterday and so far today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

16mm here in Kildare now and rain starting to get heavier. Miserable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Dry during daylight hours here in Tralee and even got a spell of sunshine , slack winds. Feeling relatively mild.

Dry during daylight hours here in Tralee and even got a spell of sunshine , slack winds. Feeling relatively mild.

WOW! What a treat! :D Saw the sun yesterday for a while here too..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain finally stopped, still a raw 6C but feels colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Met Eireann has issued a weather advisory for rainfall tomorrow. They are forecasting 15 to 25mm of rain. The forecasted amount is generally under the threshold for a full yellow warning. It is because of the situation the flooding problems around the country and the addition to it caused by the forecast rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Bbc weather still seems to be going for a cold plunge from North next week, what do the experts on here think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It will be very cold but the problem is there might not be much snow but it's still early to no for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

It will be very cold but the problem is there might not be much snow but it's still early to no for sure.

Would love snow but please at least give us cold 👋

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

elastico wrote: »
    Bbc weather still seems to be going for a cold plunge from North next week, what do the experts on here think?

UK is not Ireland :) Its often the case that UK can be cold but Ireland remain 3-4c warmer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Nabber wrote: »
    UK is not Ireland :) Its often the case that UK can be cold but Ireland remain 3-4c warmer.

Yes I know that but funny enough the simulation showed the cold plunge cover ireland first before covering the uk😃

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Expect to see more gritters on the road in the coming days. Looking like frequent chilly nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Chilly and wet or Chilly and dry?

The pendulum swings back cold. EC will be interesting.

UKM
    UW144-21.GIF?06-05

GFS
    gfs-0-156.png?0?0

GFS is a corker, would place us in an extended freeze/

Expect to see more gritters on the road in the coming days. Looking like frequent chilly nights!

The council here said last week that there had been no gritters out as all their men were dealing with floods. I suppose that makes sense in a kind of Irish way... Set to change now clearly.

GFS is a corker, would place us in an extended freeze/

Give us until after Friday please! Chill and still here this morning but I see a thread re gales and rain again...the respite has been bliss.. Friday? Getting the car sorted and coal etc. I see the Munster forecast includes the magic words, " wintry showers " for Thursday so it will be very pretty up here again. Happy Epiphany today!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

373864.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

No the liffey isnt going to freeze over nor are we going to get 10 foot drifts, but it does look like some of us will be seeing some of the white stuff fly from next week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

It's begun. I keep refreshing this thread for updates. Bring it on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement