Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands membership

Options
  • 12-11-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

Any idea of how much membership to the Midlands is? been thinking of joining VCRAI but had a swiss k31 or a swedish mauser in mind, think its 6.5 so I dont believe its restricted, is this restricted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

1874 wrote: »
    Any idea of how much membership to the Midlands is? been thinking of joining VCRAI but had a swiss k31 or a swedish mauser in mind, think its 6.5 so I dont believe its restricted, is this restricted?

Its €600 for your first year.. drops down to i believe around €300 after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Dont think the VCRAi exists any more.
    The Mosin Nagant is the same catagory as the K31or Sweed Mauser its non restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Thats a pity, they were a good bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

GolfVI wrote: »
    Its €600 for your first year.. drops down to i believe around €300 after that

Ok, Im already paying a club membership, thats more than I was considering, plus a rifle on top,

Dont think the VCRAi exists any more. The Mosin Nagant is the same catagory as the K31or Sweed Mauser its non restricted.

Looks like I'll be holding off for a while based on the above

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

The Swiss K31, K11 and G1911 are all 7.5x55. They all shoot a .308cal bullet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

1874 wrote: »
    .......... but had a swiss k31 or a swedish mauser in mind, think its 6.5 so I dont believe its restricted, is this restricted?
    If its a centrefire semi auto, regardless of caliber, its restricted.

If it's over 30cal, it's restricted.

So anything bolt action or manually cycled of 30cal or less is good to go.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Lovely rifle the k31, i would have one like a shot, but is the ammo available here at a reasonable cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

gunny123 wrote: »
    Lovely rifle the k31, i would have one like a shot, but is the ammo available here at a reasonable cost ?

Used to be that Fingal Sports used to have GP11, the Swiss milsurp, and PPU, the analogue civilian stuff. Not sure now, and with the general lack of reloading...since none of the Swiss long arms are target rifles, I don't suppose that they would qualify under the rules that DO allow reloading. Perhaps Cass can clear that up for us. I have a Swiss Products long-range diopter sight set on one of mine, so perhaps the rifles might qualify for target use.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Bit off topic, Does anyone know how much membership to lough bo in sligo is?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Bit off topic, Does anyone know how much membership to lough bo in sligo is?

€250 per year from 1st January + €150 for first time membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Are they in any way going or have they amalgamated with another club.

Advertisement