Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus selling some of its VTs

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Jezz, my 3 year old makes it up and down the stairs by herself! She says it is wibbly wobbly, but manages fine all the same :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I saw a picture online of one if the new Volvo hybrid (VH) buses and while it's still a twin axle bus it has a considerably longer wheelbase than an SG or any of the other hybrids which are on trial (WH and AH) it pretty much looks like a stretched SG.

I wonder could the NTA be potentially looking at similar length buses to replace the remaining VTs when they are duemto be wirhdrawn in the next year or so.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I saw a picture online of one if the new Volvo hybrid (VH) buses and while it's still a twin axle bus it has a considerably longer wheelbase than an SG or any of the other hybrids which are on trial (WH and AH) it pretty much looks like a stretched SG.

I wonder could the NTA be potentially looking at similar length buses to replace the remaining VTs when they are duemto be wirhdrawn in the next year or so.

The NTA specified as standard the size of SG that they have ordered for the last number of years, there was options for longer ones always on two axles but the NTA never took up that option. The more recent Bus Eireann VWDs are of a shorter length than the earlier ones as well, again that was an NTA choice.

Also the bonded windows make a massive difference, and make a bus look longer than it actually is on the AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

devnull wrote: »
    The NTA specified as standard the size of SG that they have ordered for the last number of years, there was options for longer ones always on two axles but the NTA never took up that option. The more recent Bus Eireann VWDs are of a shorter length than the earlier ones as well, again that was an NTA choice.

Also the bonded windows make a massive difference, and make a bus look longer than it actually is on the AH.

I don't want to post the image of the bus here as I have not been given permission by the person who posted the image and I don't have a link. However it is the exact same Wright bodywork work as the SG class and there is not bonded glazing. It would probably be the same length the longer BE VWDs or perhaps a similar length as the GAI streetlites.

Advertisement