Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I think if they see you trying different cards they may block you temporarily as a security measure. Also ensure your revolut isn't blocked for overseas payments, a couple of posts up explains this

I'll wait for a bit and try again. Not sure what i done wrong in the first place after following the guide though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Fann Linn wrote: »
    You won't see it on the virtual or disposable card. It's only accessible on the actual hard copy on the app.
    Unfreeze your card.
    Settings>Pin & Security

Do you mean that this option is only available if you have a real card, a hard card?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Paulcon93 wrote:
    I'll wait for a bit and try again. Not sure what i done wrong in the first place after following the guide though.

Took me three months 😄
    Revolut didn't work for me only curve

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Do you mean that this option is only available if you have a real card, a hard card?

Thanks.

On my app I have access to 3 cards:
    A copy of the hard card which I keep in my wallet
    A disposable.
    A virtual.

Unfreeze the hard card and the security options appear.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    vpn unlimited works 100%
    use incognito mode

I can login to Netflix Turkey using VPN unlimited but the payment issue is still persisting with the CC that was used on the Irish Netflix.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    I can login to Netflix Turkey using VPN unlimited but the payment issue is still persisting with the CC that was used on the Irish Netflix.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Have you looked two posts up at Fan Linn's specific advice on Revolut app settings?
    I'm about 2 weeks behind you on this process so interested how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Cancelled my Irish Netflix last month with the intentions of getting the Turkish pricing . I have been using the Irish account for years with the same payment method that i had intended on using with the Turkish Netflix.

Using VPN Unlimited and i can see my IP address is in Turkey using https://whatismyipaddress.com/

I am using the Irish cc that i used to pay for Irish Netflix. But i am prompted with the error "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

I have tried different Revolut cards also with no success.

Yeah, same m8, followed the instructions to a tee, I was using N26, simply wouldn't work.

I figured my account may be "contaminated" at this stage, so opened a new one signed up for an Irish month, signed up for Curve, and will start with a clean slate next month.

MAJJ wrote: »
    Have you looked two posts up at Fan Linn's specific advice on Revolut app settings?
    I'm about 2 weeks behind you on this process so interested how you get on.

Tried with two Revolut cards, one virtual (cant change the settings for that one) one physical card (which i could change the settings) still not having any luck unfortunately.

Will try a different PC to see if that can rectify the issue.

if you keep trying to restart your membership and getting failures your account will be frozen for security reasons

Ok , how long should i wait to re-attempt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Gumbo wrote: »
    Post No. 1 literally spells it out step by step.

Maybe so, but I am seeing people having trouble with payment methods and no mention of PayPal payment.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

PayPal isn’t accepted in Turkey neither are butter vouchers or Bitcoin lol
    Can’t mention all the methods of payment that are not accepted

Was there a joke in there?

I was asking a serious question about my chosen payment method and whether or nor anyone had experience renewing using PayPal. If anyone has an answer to this, i'd appreciate it.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Normal account expired last week. This eve I went in and changed payment from my CC to new virtual Revolut I just setup. Then logged out and turned on my Windscribe VPN & set it to Turkey. Logged back into Netflix App, tapped restart membership, selected the standard 29.99 lira plan (€3.56) and job done. Thanks OP. Less than half price Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Normal account expired last week. This eve I went in and changed payment from my CC to new virtual Revolut I just setup. Then logged out and turned on my Windscribe VPN & set it to Turkey. Logged back into Netflix App, tapped restart membership, selected the standard 29.99 lira plan (€3.56) and job done. Thanks OP. Less than half price Netflix.
    Is the premium plan available in turkey, if yes, how much?

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Is the premium plan available in turkey, if yes, how much?

Approx 50TL. About €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Approx 50TL. About €6.
    I pay less than 5 at moment using AIB card

TheDriver wrote: »
    I pay less than 5 at moment using AIB card

You're right. I was thinking it was 49 TL. It's actually only 41.99

I use an EBS DD Master card linked to IE cancelled account, that should be all good ?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

For those not doing the VPN thing, I have a spare spot available on my family plan if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hello all, apologies if this has been answered, I have checked the OP

Do I need to have the payment I intend to use with Turkey already setup before cancelling my current sub.? I have paypal currently setup and it will not work on Turkey, also tried to add my bank card and revolut but neither are working.

Can I re subscribe via the app, as when I try to signin on chrome to the Turkish netflix, it keeps saying my username/password are wrong (I've confirmed they are correct) I can signin fine to my local region with same credentials

Kolido wrote: »

Do I need to have the payment I intend to use with Turkey already setup before cancelling my current sub.? I have paypal currently setup and it will not work on Turkey, also tried to add my bank card and revolut but neither are working.

Can I re subscribe via the app, as when I try to signin on chrome to the Turkish netflix, it keeps saying my username/password are wrong (I've confirmed they are correct) I can signin fine to my local region with same credentials

Thenightman,the most recent subscriber three or four posts back changed his payment details prior to ever going near the Turkish app. Read his post.

• Advertisement

Thenightman,the most recent subscriber three or four posts back changed his payment details prior to ever going near the Turkish app. Read his post.

as outlined in post 1 you need to have your intended payment of choice set up and a payment made with an irish sub helps before moving
    - enter the payment method you wish to use when you move to your chosen country ( turkey is the cheapest) bear in mind some banks block cards being used abroad unless they are notified in advance.

you cannot rejoin using the app and if you are using chrome then open an incognito page and if that doesnt work use a different browser

According to thenightman, unless I'm reading it wrong, you can change your payment card between your sub expiring and re-subing? I can't see this option.

Also sounds like he re-subed via the app

Kolido wrote: »

Got sorted, thanks all.

Opened the app, renewed membership as normal in my own region, was able to add my new revolut vitual card here, then stopped, so didn't complete the renew.
    Turned on vpn, opened the app again, new payment card was there. renewed now for Turkish price and all worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Your family members actually pay you for use of your Netflix account? :pac:

This is my situation:

0f4.jpg

Stealing that lol

Yeah, same m8, followed the instructions to a tee, I was using N26, simply wouldn't work.

I figured my account may be "contaminated" at this stage, so opened a new one signed up for an Irish month, signed up for Curve, and will start with a clean slate next month.

Finally got it to work.

Revolut Virtual card was the winner that worked

5Euro Netflix

Thanks OP and for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi all. Quick question. If you share a Netflix account with a sibling (separate house), as 2 screens at any one time is sufficient, and if you VPN to USA, to allow watch a series that is only on Netflix US, will that cause issues - i.e. if the account is used in one location for Irish Netflix, and US through the VPN for the other?

Finally got it to work.

Revolut Virtual card was the winner that worked

5Euro Netflix

Thanks OP and for all the help

Revolut virtual card kept getting rejected for m when I tried to change payment method before cancelling and switch to foreign.

Revolut virtual card kept getting rejected for m when I tried to change payment method before cancelling and switch to foreign.

In that case it's the luck of what card you use i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Hi all. Quick question. If you share a Netflix account with a sibling (separate house), as 2 screens at any one time is sufficient, and if you VPN to USA, to allow watch a series that is only on Netflix US, will that cause issues - i.e. if the account is used in one location for Irish Netflix, and US through the VPN for the other?

This shouldn't cause any issues as it would be no different than if someone was on holiday abroad, users of the account would be in the native country using it while you would be using it on holiday. It doesn't cause issues.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

In that case it's the luck of what card you use i suppose.
    If you've had Revolut a while, it's likely that your cards are coded as prepaid rather than debit and Netflix doesn't accept prepaid cards.

The safest thing to do is to create a new virtual Revolut card for use with Netflix as it'll definitely be coded as a debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

This shouldn't cause any issues as it would be no different than if someone was on holiday abroad, users of the account would be in the native country using it while you would be using it on holiday. It doesn't cause issues.

Thanks.

Generally, am I right in saying that if I want to keep the normal wifi (which various appliances are hooked up to), but want the US VPN for Netflix, the easiest way to go about this would be to add a small travel router to the Virgin Media modem, and openvpn set up to broadcast an independent US wifi signal for the TV to connect to?

Advertisement