Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Goodnight you lovely folk!

Before the dogs tell you it's bedtime? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Relaxing here after another lovely week of both of us working from home, few beers being consumed now with no clock watching for the morning, great zoom call with extended family earlier in the evening

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the subject of drones, I was over at my best mate's place for a wee gathering of a few old friends and a delish BBQ - and he showed us his drone.

It's a good bit smaller than I'd imagined. And very very expensive for what you get. He loves using it - it's his new toy! :D

Couchside at home now, tired after a long day and doing nothing in particular.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside, forgot to shower, forgot to take medication, i'm doing really well today :pac: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Unfortunately the last few weeks they've been used unscrupulously too :(

A-Holes PM. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Time for little anti drone petal guns on our houses! Pew pew!

Grandeeod, I have been looking into getting one.. there’s just so much info online. Any quick guidance for a first time buyer?

Couchside after a day of doing NOTHING! It’s been tremendous. Reading that “red chair” thread, a few absolute gems.

Mavic Mini is the way to go based on my research.
    JupiterKid wrote: »
    On the subject of drones, I was over at my best mate's place for a wee gathering of a few old friends and a delish BBQ - and he showed us his drone.

It's a good bit smaller than I'd imagined. And very very expensive for what you get. He loves using it - it's his new toy! :D

Couchside at home now, tired after a long day and doing nothing in particular.

Anyone using a Drone as a toy, is a dope, pure and simple. They are and should be artistic kit for artistic work. But I get you JK in that eejits do what eejits do..

Unfortunately, drones are sold a lot as toys, i'm sure they will be a favourite come present giving season again. Along with puppies :mad:

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Anyone using a Drone as a toy, is a dope, pure and simple.

100% here Grand, a guy I know from the local has one also and he's acting the f^*king maggot with it.

Unfortunately, drones are sold a lot as toys, i'm sure they will be a favourite come present giving season again. Along with puppies :mad:

The genuine folk can't help that Grem. I need a drone. A-Holes that buy them for BS crap will always exist. I have worked with some great Drone operators that take it seriously and make a living from it. They even had IAA clearance for power and height. But yeah, dickhead operators do exist.

Ooh had a spare set of meds stashed in my backpack, phew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Any deodorant?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Any deodorant?

Nope, only important things :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Nope, only important things :P

The cable ties and chloroform? :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Was just about to ask had you any way of getting some brought to you Grem , great idea to have some in your backpack for emergencies though :)

The cable ties and chloroform? :D
    That would be telling! ;)
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Was just about to ask had you any way of getting some brought to you Grem , great idea to have some in your backpack for emergencies though :)
    I thought i hadn't restocked after last time i forgot :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Ha ha!!

It's been a legally designated nude swimming area for a number of years at this stage. :D

Mixture of nude swimmers and clothed ones, more nude in the mornings. Can get a bit busy at weekend afternoons so best to get a swim in before 1pm!

Well that's me learned. I haven't been in the sea swimming since I fell back and sat on a jellyfish that had ventured into the shallows. Stung the **** out of my legs.
    Scouting for dogs to kidnap :(

If I see drones hanging over my airspace without permission I'm going to shoot it down.

• Advertisement

I had the NICEST dinner at my Mam's. 10/10. Absolutely unreal. Can't really explain what it was. It looked like lasagne but it wasn't lasagne. But it had layers and it had cheese and it had polenta crumbs and garlicy tomatoey sauce and breadcrumbs sprinkled over the top layer and toasted. And there was new spuds and real butter and some delicious white sauce of some kind. And there was brownies and cream and berries. Uuuuggghhh it was so good. And she sent enough home with me for my dinner & dessert tomorrow! Woop woop! Mammies ftw!!!

No idea how I'm still awake. I'm exhausted after my weekend. Gonna start the bedtime routine, just as soon as I can convince myself to stand up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

kowloon wrote: »
    Well that's me learned. I haven't been in the sea swimming since I fell back and sat on a jellyfish that had ventured into the shallows. Stung the **** out of my legs.

If I see drones hanging over my airspace without permission I'm going to shoot it down.

If I owned a firearm, I'd do the same.

To thine own self be true

Heading to the Leaba lads. All buzzed out over the last few days, Overwhelmed. Chomping at the bit to get back at it!

Happy monday

I had the NICEST dinner at my Mam's. 10/10. Absolutely unreal. Can't really explain what it was. It looked like lasagne but it wasn't lasagne. But it had layers and it had cheese and it had polenta crumbs and garlicy tomatoey sauce and breadcrumbs sprinkled over the top layer and toasted. And there was new spuds and real butter and some delicious white sauce of some kind. And there was brownies and cream and berries. Uuuuggghhh it was so good. And she sent enough home with me for my dinner & dessert tomorrow! Woop woop! Mammies ftw!!!

No idea how I'm still awake. I'm exhausted after my weekend. Gonna start the bedtime routine, just as soon as I can convince myself to stand up.

Oh god I love those kind of dinners, we used to get that from my Ma once a week before the lockdown and now that things are starting to ease a bit there's mention of that kind of dinner next Wednesday evening :) which will be the first time since mid-March,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If I owned a firearm, I'd do the same.

I believe it has happened a few times in the USA already.

GoneHome wrote: »
    Oh god I love those kind of dinners, we used to get that from my Ma once a week before the lockdown and now that things are starting to ease a bit there's mention of that kind of dinner next Wednesday evening :) which will be the first time since mid-March,

Nothing beats a mammy dinner! Enjoy!

I've finally made it to bed. I think I'm gonna sleep really well.. which doesn't happen often! Goodnight wherers! :)

Nothing beats a mammy dinner! Enjoy!

I've finally made it to bed. I think I'm gonna sleep really well.. which doesn't happen often! Goodnight wherers! :)

My neighbour is 88, she's a real Irish mammy, widowed with many years, she still makes dinner for her 3 sons 3 or 4 evenings a week, and they're all in their 60s now all out working during the day and married with their own kids, I love it.

Bumpy roads on boards, i will sing to the hamsters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Monday!!!!

It’s time for me to head to work :)

Keep singing Grem ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My reaction to Monday is brought to you by the letter F.

Fabulous Ted, i like to counteract that atrocious friday crap people come out with

Fabulous Ted, i like to counteract that atrocious friday crap people come out with

I was actually going to edit the post to add it wasn't "Fabulous"

It is on the opposite end of the scale. Mondays seem to be the only morning the body is in a mood fora like in.

Bit of tea and toast there Ted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

i feel your pain there ted, awake too early here :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Monday can fuk right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The genuine folk can't help that Grem. I need a drone. A-Holes that buy them for BS crap will always exist. I have worked with some great Drone operators that take it seriously and make a living from it. They even had IAA clearance for power and height. But yeah, dickhead operators do exist.

Maybe I don't want one..... :(

Deskside. Listening Luke O'Neill on Newstalk, always brings some good news about Covid. Went for a walk down the pier... the wind and rain carried me along nicely :D

Maybe I don't want one..... :(

Deskside. Listening Luke O'Neill on Newstalk, always brings some good news about Covid. Went for a walk down the pier... the wind and rain carried me along nicely :D

Not directing that rant at you Dave. Plenty of responsible people using them for leisure purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Anyone using a Drone as a toy, is a dope, pure and simple.
    oops that describes me :):) I own a Mavic Air as a toy. In fact i was the first foreigner in this country to be allowed own and licence one, but I guess that my licence and security clearance helped me with that. I am very aware of where I use it.
    kowloon wrote: »
    Not the greatest plan as you don't own the sky above your property and you will probably find yourself having to pay for the damage.

Afternoon all, wasn’t able to say Good Morning as too many “503 Errors” this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I was actually going to edit the post to add it wasn't "Fabulous"

It is on the opposite end of the scale. Mondays seem to be the only morning the body is in a mood fora like in.

Fantastic??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Just need to get through this week and then off for thirteen days. I work with a good bunch but like any bunch of people it has it's backstabbers, snakes and untrustworthy types so will be good to get a nice break away from them. Definitely in one of those moods today where I'm finding people more annoying/ exhausting than I normally would.

503'S , glitches , makes for a productive Monday!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    503'S , glitches , makes for a productive Monday!

Not really Mam :D

A friend was at Waterford castle last weekend and her photos :eek: I am so going there, now I need to hint at someone where they are bringing me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside having dinner, have to go to the doctor's soon, I'm having my dinner for lunch and my lunch for dinner 🤪🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Meh

That is all.

Monday blues Leggy? Chin up! More than half way to Tuesday now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Meh

That is all.

Dont be sad. I will be on my holidays from thursday -it's a cause to be happy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meh

That is all.

Whats up leggings?

To those of you feeling meh , or dealing with annoying people , hope your day gets better :)

Could be worse , I Could have said so You've Had A bad Day , and left ye with an earworm. ...

Autosport wrote: »
    Not really Mam :D

A friend was at Waterford castle last weekend and her photos :eek: I am so going there, now I need to hint at someone where they are bringing me :D

It's grand, I know where it is.

I was there before.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It's grand, I know where it is.

I was there before.

I think someone else might not like you bringing me there ;)

Finally home side and to decide what to have for the dinner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its a cracking day out there so time to put some music on and start the nice long walk home.

Deskside winding up for the day.

Slipknot are probably ruining my neighbours Zoom calls :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I think someone else might not like you bringing me there ;)

Finally home side and to decide what to have for the dinner :)

Making him jealous will only make him show his appreciation & love to you even more.

:D

Deskside having lunch 🤪🤪

Auto what are you doing going to wasterfurd to look at castles? You should be coming to cork and viewing the castles here ! 😎 There far better 😎.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement