Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Continues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Only 2? I for one would be very sorry to see this come to an end. I'd rather have this than everything I've heard/read so far about the new series to be very honest.

They've actually got three more currently in post production, taking them to 11 episodes, and then they're calling it a day.

They had originally planned for 13 but with CBS' new rules on fan productions making their entire series practically impossible anyway, I think they're counting themselves lucky that they're allowed to continue (heh, pun) at all. It's become the exception rather than the rule. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see another fan production like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is actually a good show, I'd even go as far to say at times it's much better than the original. I think it's getting better with each episode. I kind of like how each plot is pretty diverse, it doesn't just rely on the old faithfuls of conflict between the main species. There's some actual exploring going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

Actually met Vic at Comic Con and very nice he was two.
    Told me or confirmed 3 episodes left with the next been available in September and the last 2 Bern a double episode been available in October.

Debuts of these episodes will be at various conventions.

Nice that he was, his wife Michele was gorgeous, she plays the counsellor in Continues.

Great series.....so much better then recent movies

Jfrost wrote: »
    Told me or confirmed 3 episodes left with the next been available in September and the last 2 Bern a double episode been available in October.

I got an email from them last week; the episodes are coming a bit sooner than that!

Episode 9 – July 30th (or 28th if you've backed the campaign)

Episode 10 – weekend of Sept. 21st

Episode 11 – premiere at an event on Oct. 6th

Really looking forward to seeing how they wrap things up. It's been a great series so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Its a great series just watched Embrace the Wind Which Is episode 7 I think. Heard interview with "its" Captain Kirk who is the main mover behind it. Its coming to an end this year-a bit prematurely. Seems the franchise owner was displeased with a fan based feature movie-which according to Vic Mignogna (capt Kirk) was just an excuse to jet around the world tax free junket-its now becoming harder to get the green light on these shows. There are a few of these fan series out there but I would recommend anybody who loved TOS to watch this particular series for its accuracy. Its sense of the original. Vic was only planning about 13 episodes but now scaled back a few.

BTW-TOS being repeated on the horror channel which you get with SKY

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,719 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well that was excellent :)

JDL still channeling Q in places, plus Anne Lockhart (from original Galactica fame). Really enjoyed this one.

This entire series also goes to show that "classic" Trek storytelling (AND design) can still be very effective in 2017.. You don't need fancy 'splosions and gritty dialogue to pull in viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Watched the first couple of Eps last night. Wouldn't be a big Star Trek fan at all but really liked them. Nicely contained stories without the unnecessary subplots that turned me off the newer series. I'll watch more for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JayRoc

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Well that was excellent :)

JDL still channeling Q in places, plus Anne Lockhart (from original Galactica fame). Really enjoyed this one.

This entire series also goes to show that "classic" Trek storytelling (AND design) can still be very effective in 2017.. You don't need fancy 'splosions and gritty dialogue to pull in viewers.

One thing that the Discovery discussion thread made me do was decide to take a proper look at ST Continues and I'm so glad I did. I'm really enjoying it.

A little note at before E3 would have been nice. Had no idea what was going on until I stopped and looked it up. A sequel to an original Episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

A little note at before E3 would have been nice. Had no idea what was going on until I stopped and looked it up. A sequel to an original Episode.

The original episode is one of the most famous of outings of the original crew and unfortunately for new viewers like yourself, most fans assume that everyone knows this episode.
    It's like everyone knows that Darth Vader is the father of Luke Skywalker and Leia..... Or have I assumed something once again.

I wouldn't say it's on that level of pop culture knowledge. They really could have put a note in saying it.

Skipped that one and moved on. Glad they changed bones, the original one was weird.

I wouldn't say it's on that level of pop culture knowledge.

It's prettttyy well known though. Particularly among people who'd be watching a TOS fan-series :)

I think ST:Enterprise did a similar thing for their mirror-universe 2-parter. No explanation whatsoever, they just started the episode in the mirror universe and that was that!

You should seek out and watch the TOS episode though ("Mirror, Mirror"). It's one of the good ones!

I'm going to do that after I'm finished the Eps here, and watch them back to back.

I'm going to do that after I'm finished the Eps here, and watch them back to back.

That's gas, I'm absolutely not having a go (actually I think it's great) but it would never have even crossed my mind someone would watch this who hadn't seen every Original Series episode at least once

I'm sure I might have seen it in the past, but just wasn't aware of what was going on.

Is there any hope of this getting picked up by CBS at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What would the Christian Brothers want with Star Trek?

No hope really. The next episode is the final, two-parter, out in September and October.

No idea what it's about but they've promised a proper series final for TOS. Really looking forward to it!

Update from STC:
    We’re excited to offer a special “sneak peek” of Episode 10 “To Boldly Go: Part I” on Sunday, October 8 at the New York Comic Con. I will be on hand for that event and will be available for a question-and-answer session after the teaser screening. The full episode will be released publicly on Wednesday, October 18, on our official STC website as well as YouTube and Vimeo.

Really looking forward to this.

Can't wait, bound to be better than Discovery.

• Advertisement

Can't wait, bound to be better than Discovery.

Ah come on discovery is good. Star trek continues is not original. Its playing off the original. That's all. Skillfully yes and some good stories but it relies on a love of the original while discovery HAS to be original in terms of new characters from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Ah come on discovery is good. Star trek continues is not original. Its playing off the original. That's all. Skillfully yes and some good stories but it relies on a love of the original while discovery HAS to be original in terms of new characters from scratch

By that logic any shite on the tv is good once its original? (I enjoyed Discovery for the record)

I just can't stand the main character.

Any Star Trek series is playing off the original, to a greater or lesser extent. Otherwise it wouldn't be called Star Trek.

At least Continues is doing a decent job of it.

Purely my own opinion, but I look forward to one new episide of STC more than an entire series of Discovery.

Inviere wrote: »
    By that logic any shite on the tv is good once its original? (I enjoyed Discovery for the record)

I didn't mean that. I just meant star trek continues had ready made characters while discovery has to build them up. To my mind the trio on original will never be equaled but the other shows are still good bar voyager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭squonk

Agreed. I’m growing tired of listening to people knocking discovery. We’re just 3 episodes in and, really, one representative episode since the other two were establishing the show’s premise and were quite different. I’m watching ENT in a run through right now and it’s a more decent show than I remember. That gets knocked too. ‘Continues’ is always going to appeal to trek fans as they’re retreading the steps of TOS so you can’t really go wrong there. It’s up to shows like Discovery to break new ground and the ball is in the writer’s court right now as regards pissing me off. They haven’t so far. I like what I see and it’s great they’re pushing my favourite franchise onward into the 21st century. I couldn’t say the same about the JJverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭hal9550

iv seen 'new voyages' and thought it was ok - very well made! Few other fan made shows too and they were decent enough! Bad acting usually but still . more of a well done reaction

BUT THIS!!!!!
    This is Star Trek! Its like im watching episodes that were accidentally burned or something!

15 minutes into episode one, i realized i wasnt enjoying this as a 'didnt they do well' type experience - it was basically a show! MY SHOW!

By the mirror Universe one, i was in full on critical trek mode - slightly critical of the story line but also experiencing what we all do when we watch trek

Mirror kirk is nuts.. Mirror spock did very well - OH LOOK ANDORIAN WARSHIPS!!! etc etc

ABSOLUTELY fantastic and a welcome addition to my TOS collection!

My views of the acting of the characters is that it is mostly superb with a few minor problems

Kirk 10/10 THIS IS KIRK!!! Not someone taking off Shatner.. its JAMES T KIRK in the flesh

Spock 9/10 - Amazing although still second in my view

Scotty 8/10

McCoy changed actor but the second guy is FAR better in my opinion

The guest stars are all fantastic too! As some of you noted Sulu is probably the weak link

ALSO Michele Specht was superb as the Councillor - and i also have to say - SHES GORGEOUS!!!!!! :D:rolleyes:

Absolutely superb SO GLAD i happened on this thread in my comings and goings from the Discovery thread

That was brilliant. Little bit shaky in the first half while I was busy trying to remember who-this and what-that, but a really solid episode of TOS otherwise.

Proper good story, looks perfect, good callbacks that don't feel too forced. Best episode of Continues yet I think. Might be top ten in TOS tbh, if part two holds up.

And the whole production is just unbelievable at this stage. Almost completely forgot I was watching a fan film. Amazing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭corkie

Star Trek: TOS - Season 1 Episode 3 - "Where No Man Has Gone Before"

Above episode might be worth a rewatch before the new continues episode, to get some context for the episode.

"Great Galactic Barrier" -Star Trek Science Fiction or Fact?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement