Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

vriesmays wrote: »
    All the non-nationals saying thank you so much instead of very much.

I'm Irish and I say that! One is no more correct than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    What about knife lickers?

Life knickers?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm Irish and I say that! One is no more correct than the other.

Ah sure he knows that. He's only trying to get a rise and spout his nonsense. "Non Nationals" and women. :D You'd have to laugh at him! :D

Anywho my TA is I forgot to hang out the clothes this morning and there was grand drying!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My sometimes vegan/mostly vegetarian sister and her bf served up the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers for dinner that they've been raving about for ages now. I've no problem with trying new things but they were pure muck. Tasted like cardboard. And I was expecting some wonderful tasting burger substitute. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Apologies Molly, but I never get why vegans try to recreate the sensation of eating meat? What is actually happening there.? TA for me, worthless and pointless endeavours by people who think they know better. Fruitless (sorry).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Apologies Molly, but I never get why vegans try to recreate the sensation of eating meat? What is actually happening there.? TA for me, worthless and pointless endeavours by people who think they know better. Fruitless (sorry).

No no, I'm not vegan or vegetarian at all. I totally agree with you actually. They've just been raving about how these burgers are amazing for so long that I was extra disappointed that they were muck. I actually said to Mr Molly when I left that if I were vegetarian I wouldn't bother trying to find things that taste like meat. I'd just go all in on the vegetables thing. Trying soy sausages or whatever would just make it worse for me.

Which is why I'll never be vegetarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Posts on FB about someone’s “sister” who took her own life, but because she was
    Not a celebrity like Caroline Flack, won’t get any likes...

FFS! It’s not a contest.

It’s like the other posts “ I have no friends because I only have one leg”...
    Get real...if you have no friends, it has FA to do with the amount of legs you have.

Or the whole 'I've got a half a box of cornflakes left..want to give it to someone more needy..' facebook posts..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Or the whole 'I've got a half a box of cornflakes left..want to give it to someone more needy..' facebook posts..

Then you get them asking you to deliver it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I can only answer for myself here, but I've been vegetarian since I was 11, purely because I don't want to eat animals. I do enjoy an odd veggie burger or meat substitute and some can be delicious. Though for the most part I create all our meals from scratch and eat very little of the processed stuff, like the burgers Molly mentioned. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people say the Gardaì are the most corrupt police force in the World!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

When people say the Gardaì are the most corrupt police force in the World!

And add that Ireland is a 3rd world country... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    My sometimes vegan/mostly vegetarian sister and her bf served up the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers for dinner that they've been raving about for ages now. I've no problem with trying new things but they were pure muck. Tasted like cardboard. And I was expecting some wonderful tasting burger substitute. :rolleyes:

I love those. They taste just like the cheapy BIG Al's ones you would lash on the bbq back in the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I suspect it is because some of them forego meat for ethical reasons and hence still actually like the taste but not the process associated with it getting to their plate. So they seek out subs that taste meaty? When I was veggie I actually missed meat and I often ate substitutes that were made to taste meaty.

Think I might have said it before, but lads calling British people 'Tans' as an insult......just....stop.

You could probably say the same about lesbians and dildos

Also,should the plural of dildo have an 'e' in it, like tomatoes and potatoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd by mis-spelled woards in post titles :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Loud people on public transport who share too much information. I was on a bus recently and there was a middle aged man talking on his phone with someone about his grown up daughters problem with heavy periods. Sorry, but it's just wrong for a Dad to know so much about his adult daughters periods and having a 20 minute chat about it on the phone with someone is just ridiculous. I'm not sure which of us would be more mortified if I started telling my Dad the details of my menstrual flow, me or my Dad and I don't intend to find out. I'm never forgetting my Ipod again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Potholes.... Seriously is there any road that's not in sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The ones in Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The ones in Northern Ireland.

Every bit as bad in the north.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

And add that Ireland is a 3rd world country... :(

There was a woman on the radio during the election who, talking about voting for change, reckoned Ireland couldn't get any worse.

Yes it bloody well could love!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Some ejit in work today, deciding to show their outrage against Weinstein and their "solidarity" with the women that stood up and testified against male oppression. She ended their rant with this:
    Another pig sent to slaughter. Ignite the movement.

She is a vegan and staunch animal lover. Irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

LirW wrote: »
    One of my neighbours being incredibly awkward. She had her kids very young, never finished school but gathered it might be time to do something with herself.
    She is dipping her toes into the colourful world of training courses.
    But here's the thing: she has little to no academic ability. It has to be free and fully online. She doesn't want to drive anywhere, despite the fact that her kids are taken care of during the day. She doesn't want to put a lot of work into it.

Given her list of criteria you can imagine how successful she is to find something suitable.
    Now she's complaining how hard single mothers have it and there are no training opportunities for her and it's all the system's fault.

Dere is a lot ov dem about.....generally they are described as "bubbly personalities" or "free spirits".

Good fun in general though ..will gull voddy like water and be de first on the dance floor when YMCA comes on.

Wouldn't be great on detail...things like tax and insurance on the motor or house and travel insurance are optional !

Tend to holiday in big extended family packs where the "adults" get a fresh tattoo and the kids get their hair in corn rows.

Nothing at all wrong with above ...but I take your point about the training opportunities ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

When you're sitting in a corner in Starbucks and a customer moves from his table to sit at the one beside you and he then points his phone at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

That some think Immigrants coming here should have an average or high skill job to fit in. I work with young stock horses, I love it and don't aspire to anything more than that. I am legal and pay taxes here just like everyone else, In all my years here, I have never met an Irish person in the yards I'm involved with. That is not to say that there are not Irish working in this field.I know they exist. But my experience so far it's Polish, Lithuanians, Spanish and myself Mexican.

I know there is illegals here just like in all countries, but if you paint one nationally, you paint us all really. That is mine lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When you're sitting in a corner in Starbucks and a customer moves from his table to sit at the one beside you and he then points his phone at you.

say what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Dere is a lot ov dem about.....generally they are described as "bubbly personalities" or "free spirits".

Good fun in general though ..will gull voddy like water and be de first on the dance floor when YMCA comes on.

Wouldn't be great on detail...things like tax and insurance on the motor or house and travel insurance are optional !

Tend to holiday in big extended family packs where the "adults" get a fresh tattoo and the kids get their hair in corn rows.

Nothing at all wrong with above ...but I take your point about the training opportunities ...

It's more that she really annoys all of us now with it, some of us women that are in training and somehow manage to somehow fit it in. After a long, busy day I'm just not up for entertaining this sort of whinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

LirW wrote: »
    It's more that she really annoys all of us now with it, some of us women that are in training and somehow manage to somehow fit it in. After a long, busy day I'm just not up for entertaining this sort of whinge.

If you can’t handle her at her worst, you do not deserve her at her best.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA I can't shake the blues or motivate myself to do anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement