Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Yeah, there was clip posted of them during the ad break and they were laughing and joking.
    https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1230266967954796552

As soon as the cameras were back on it was back to selling the grudge.

Tyson is a tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

“The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object II — The Rematch” by @mcdamien88 https://medium.com/@mcdamien88/the-resistible-force-vs-the-movable-object-ii-the-rematch-f4dc2c4634da

I've written out my thoughts on this one for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    weemcd wrote: »
    “The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object II — The Rematch” by @mcdamien88 https://medium.com/@mcdamien88/the-resistible-force-vs-the-movable-object-ii-the-rematch-f4dc2c4634da

I've written out my thoughts on this one for anyone interested.

Nice read, and well written...

As usual with Fury, there always seems to be excuses!!

walshb wrote: »
    Nice read, and well written...

As usual with Fury, there always seems to be excuses!!

There's always gonna be something. Question is does Fury replicate the first fight and get to the judges or does he go for it as his camp are suggesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Tough one to call, I'd say Fury will out box him but you'd have to imagine that at some stage Wilder will land with those dynamite fists and it should be curtains.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Draw
    weemcd wrote: »
    There's always gonna be something. Question is does Fury replicate the first fight and get to the judges or does he go for it as his camp are suggesting?

He can win both ways...

It’s about gambling....36 minutes for decision, hoping not to get hit clean?

Or surprising Wilder and planting him with heavy shots to take him out..

And, let’s not discount Wilder winning on points. It’s not like Fury was winning the rds handy. Lots of toss up rds in fight 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    This goes one of two ways
    Fury is in much better physical condition so does what he did first time only better but is able to capitalise more when Wilder misses ,
    or
    Wilder after being in with Fury has a better read of him and understanding of his awkwardness and lands early ,

Only way Wilder wins on points is due to multiply knock downs for 10-8 rounds

If there are no knockdowns he doesn't have a prayer of wining on the score cards, don't forget how poor shape Tyson was in last time,

Still going Wilder ko in 6 but praying I'm wrong ,

This goes one of two ways
    Fury is in much better physical condition so does what he did first time only better but is able to capitalise more when Wilder misses ,
    or
    Wilder after being in with Fury has a better read of him and understanding of his awkwardness and lands early ,

Only way Wilder wins on points is due to multiply knock downs for 10-8 rounds

If there are no knockdowns he doesn't have a prayer of wining on the score cards, don't forget how poor shape Tyson was in last time,

Still going Wilder ko in 6 but praying I'm wrong ,

I'd agree only for potentially dodgy judges. Most people are discounting Wilder decision and Fury KO, both of which are possible. This is a tough one to call.

Draw
    Weigh in will be very interesting ,
    Its very hard to change gauge what weigh Fury will be he had a hoodie and jumper over it at the press conference and strangely enough even if he is heavier he looks to have less body fat than last time ,

On Wednesday he did a interview with Kuggan and you could tell had a cold ( Shane interrupted off camera and told him to get inside and keep warm) and you can see he had a cold sore so hopefully he has shaken that off come Saturday ,

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Butson

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Really looking forward to this. 05.30 start time? I remember their first fight started around 4.45 and that was in LA

All noise coming out of the Fury camp (Andy Lee in particular) is that he is going more with power this time and will try to knock Wilder out. Wilder was chronically bad against Ortiz for 6 rounds. i think his jab is under rated though and I'd expect to see him use it more tomorrow night.

Hope Fury does it. Wilder is a complete freak though so in my view its practically impossible to predict any fight he's in.

• Advertisement

Draw
    Butson wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. 05.30 start time? I remember their first fight started around 4.45 and that was in LA

All noise coming out of the Fury camp (Andy Lee in particular) is that he is going more with power this time and will try to knock Wilder out. Wilder was chronically bad against Ortiz for 6 rounds. i think his jab is under rated though and I'd expect to see him use it more tomorrow night.

Hope Fury does it. Wilder is a complete freak though so in my view its practically impossible to predict any fight he's in.

Huge question is how good is Ortiz ?

Who's his best win I honestly can't tell

Malik Scott maybe who was at the end of his career and only losses where to only decent fighter he fought Wilder and Chisroa ?

Bryan Jennings 5 years ago maybe another guy who struggled against anyone top tier ,

I'd put him in the same bracket as Whyte but he's a lot older now
    Ortiz being the old gate keeper Whyte the new one , You gotta be good to beat them but they won't beat top tier fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Weigh in will be very interesting ,
    Its very hard to change gauge what weigh Fury will be he had a hoodie and jumper over it at the press conference and strangely enough even if he is heavier he looks to have less body fat than last time ,

On Wednesday he did a interview with Kuggan and you could tell had a cold ( Shane interrupted off camera and told him to get inside and keep warm) and you can see he had a cold sore so hopefully he has shaken that off come Saturday ,

To me Fury looks a lot heavier than last time and I saw a clip of him showing off a considerable midriff.
    I think he comes in 19+ Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Draw
    To me Fury looks a lot heavier than last time and I saw a clip of him showing off a considerable midriff.
    I think he comes in 19+ Stone

121Kgs +, for the metric among us.....

where was the clip? just to have a look. thanks.

Draw
    Screw metric and screw imperial...It’s all lbs, lads!!

I expect him high 250s low 260s

121Kgs +, for the metric among us.....

where was the clip? just to have a look. thanks.

last minute of this:

https://twitter.com/PBConFOX/status/1229454169582342147

Draw

He was saying 270 yesterday but I think we all knew he was talking rubbish ,

Such a shame we will never see him in the shape he was for Wlad ,
    Even the time he was suppose to fight Haye he was in great nick ,

He was saying 270 yesterday but I think we all knew he was talking rubbish ,

Such a shame we will never see him in the shape he was for Wlad ,
    Even the time he was suppose to fight Haye he was in great nick ,

PEDs are a wonderful thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Draw
    skaface wrote: »
    What time will the fight actually start at, does anyone know thanks.

It's set for a 9pm Vegas time ring walk so 5am Irish time.

High 260s, low 270s I reckon.

Also lbs are imperial....

Draw

I know they’re imperial, but imperial is truly the British system...

lbs are the U.S. version of imperial...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Draw
    Read a biography of Wilder I got on Amazon, whatever happens, personally I think he'll knock Fury out , the lad had had some journey to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

What time is the weigh in?

Draw
    I seen the rebuttal from Dillian Whyte to Wilder,
    That'll be some grudge if they fight,
    Whyte saying he hated Wilder ever since he hooked up with a girl Whyte was seeing and that girl is now Wilder wife Telli Swift,
    Then goes on to say one of Telli's kids is Baby Millers son and Wilder thinks it's his
    That's going beyond the line of trash talk ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I watched the first fight again. I scored it 114-112 to fury. There’s about 4 rounds I found it difficult to pick a winner.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    I watched the first fight again. I scored it 114-112 to fury. There’s about 4 rounds I found it difficult to pick a winner.

Think I'm pretty much the same as you on the scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    €30......ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Fury is huge Wilder well up too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

273 is huge for Fury. Kept his shirt on too, all there's gotta be some amount of flab in there.

231 is massive alright for Wilder. Looks to be pure muscle too. He interesting to see what his cardio is like.

Draw
    SRL, Hearns and Haye all picking Wilder on points..

• Advertisement

I told you lads. 273lbs Fury.

Advertisement