Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

367 Days

Options
  • 14-03-2020 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

To the greatest week in Sport....Cheltenham 2021
    Cant wait

Hup the Percy!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Santini Gold Cup
    Goshen Champion Hurdle

367 blissful days of silly arguments!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They should send Goshen out over the flat, he could dominate the Cup Handicaps all summer. Could even be a group horse.

His only future in National Hunt will be over fences, he might respect them more. Hurdling is out, too dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Already had a bet on Monksfish to win any race at 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

madmoose wrote: »
    Already had a bet on Monksfish to win any race at 12/1

Raging at myself for not backing him after listening to Danny Mullins on FFP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Shiskin will win the Arkle by a fence!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

BoldReason wrote: »
    Shiskin will win the Arkle by a fence!! :pac:

He didn't travel great the last day,could be taken out of comfort zone unless hes a serious jumper.
    Captain Guinness is one im looking forward to seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Any opinions on defi for the Ryanair 20/1? Like the look of it myself he wont be going over 2 miles again and not sure he will be good enough for a gold cup

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any opinions on defi for the Ryanair 20/1? Like the look of it myself he wont be going over 2 miles again and not sure he will be good enough for a gold cup

Probably a fair shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

It’s not out of the question he just isn’t that great . The tingle creek win probably is about as good as he is. ( still very good just not great) The ascot race fell apart with poor pace etc.

It also seems like lost in translation is near top class but not a superstar . His overall form seems to have a questionable look about it.

At the moment would you really fancy him v min. All that said if he is 20/1 by the time nrnb comes I’ll be on .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JR Harvey

aidankkk wrote: »
    It’s not out of the question he just isn’t that great . The tingle creek win probably is about as good as he is. ( still very good just not great) The ascot race fell apart with poor pace etc.

It also seems like lost in translation is near top class but not a superstar . His overall form seems to have a questionable look about it.

At the moment would you really fancy him v min. All that said if he is 20/1 by the time nrnb comes I’ll be on .

Considering all the Tizzard horses ran like drains in Cheltenham and Christmas In April cut out yesterday like a sniper shot him half way through the Uttoxeter national it was a savage run from Lost In Translation. He will have his big days yet, a lovely stamp of a chaser

• Advertisement

JR Harvey wrote: »
    Considering all the Tizzard horses ran like drains in Cheltenham and Christmas In April cut out yesterday like a sniper shot him half way through the Uttoxeter national it was a savage run from Lost In Translation. He will have his big days yet, a lovely stamp of a chaser

Agreed. The same argument can also be said for Philip Hobbs's horses.

Given that his stable underperformed I would expect big runs in the future from both Thyme Hill ( also unlucky in running) and Pileon. Both look like horses to follow.

Defi De Seuil's run was too bad to be true. None of his handicappers performed, even Dostal Phil yesterday.

Alternatively he might just be waiting for Aintree before pulling the trigger on his handicappers, it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

JR Harvey wrote: »

That’s true I was only talking about lost in relation to Devi’s overall form .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

IAMAMORON wrote:
    They should send Goshen out over the flat, he could dominate the Cup Handicaps all summer. Could even be a group horse.

IAMAMORON wrote:
    His only future in National Hunt will be over fences, he might respect them more. Hurdling is out, too dodgy.

The second horse in the truimph aspire tower didn't like the hurdles but had lots of speed also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

The second horse in the truimph aspire tower didn't like the hurdles but had lots of speed also.

Thankfully ye have nothing to do with the horse , he jumped fine other then the last and will be back next year to take the champion hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Thankfully ye have nothing to do with the horse , he jumped fine other then the last and will be back next year to take the champion hurdle

Just my opinion, but i thought he jumped poorly. On a number of hurdles he seemed to lose a length on the horses alongside.

No doubting his class though and if he can get that fleuncy over the hurdles he will be one to watch next year.

Just my opinion, but i thought he jumped poorly. On a number of hurdles he seemed to lose a length on the horses alongside.

No doubting his class though and if he can get that fleuncy over the hurdles he will be one to watch next year.

His flat rating of 82 is very exploitable. He needs to go up about 14lbs to get in the Chester Cup, I reckon easy peasy. The lower he gets in the better.

He can't jump, why bother? He could be group horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    His flat rating of 82 is very exploitable. He needs to go up about 14lbs to get in the Chester Cup, I reckon easy peasy. The lower he gets in the better.

He can't jump, why bother? He could be group horse.

The horse didn't fall in fact Jamie would have stayed on if the horses shoes didn't lock, nobody particularly cares about staying handicaps, he'll be back for the champion hurdle next year and rightly so

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Unpopular opinion but i'm not certain what he had left in the tank. Would love to have seen what he would have done after jumping the last. I'm certain he was going to win but I don't think he was going to be as impressive as people thought

216 DAYS
    4 HOURS
    25 MINS

TO THE GREATEST WEEK IN SPORT!

HUP!!!!

(Sorry, not sorry!!)

Behind closed doors?

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Behind closed doors?

Who know's Sluttsy
    could well be
    If it is, it is, so long as it goes ahead!!

Who know's Sluttsy
    could well be
    If it is, it is, so long as it goes ahead!!

Yes. Pints and ante post winners!

167 Days, 18 hours, 48 hours and 10 seconds to THE BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abacadabras Day on day 1 !

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

167 Days, 18 hours, 48 hours and 10 seconds to THE BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abacadabras Day on day 1 !

Will be sh!te next year. Poxy virus.

Al Boum for the Treble.

I can't see anything beating it.

Horses who COULD beat Al Boum, not will, but COULD

1. Santini - finished like a train last year, clear round and a huge player
    2. TOTG - Unexposed at this level but hints at potential star power
    3. Champ - People will scoff, and I won't back it, but, he has all the attributes, if, like Santini, he gets around. He is a sure stayer and that's huge
    4. Samcro - We will know fairly early in the season what the plan is and how he is shaping, still could be anything
    5. Percy - Don't laugh! New yard, new training, proper campaign, his RSA still incredible formline into ABP
    6. Minella Indo - Likely to go here and presuming with Rachael on board has all the ability (Monalee could be the fly in this ointment after a strong run this year)
    Finally, for one at a huge price, if the rain comes, Native River still has the class and the dourness to be in the picture.

ABP an obvious and correct fav, and of the above if I had to pick 3 to really take him on with I would pick, in order
    1. Minella Indo
    2.TOTG
    3. Santini

Horses who COULD beat Al Boum, not will, but COULD

1. Santini - finished like a train last year, clear round and a huge player
    Missed his chance, March is a long time away, he still just may not be good enough. 7/1 is an appalling AP.
    2. TOTG - Unexposed at this level but hints at potential star power
    They rarely come back after niggles unfortunately.
    3. Champ - People will scoff, and I won't back it, but, he has all the attributes, if, like Santini, he gets around. He is a sure stayer and that's huge
    Could be anything and 12/1 looks big all things considered.
    4. Samcro - We will know fairly early in the season what the plan is and how he is shaping, still could be anything
    Won't stay, I said it first.
    5. Percy - Don't laugh! New yard, new training, proper campaign, his RSA still incredible formline into ABP
    I agree on the stable change. But he has had 2 stabs now, he may be simply OTT. If he is any use he should be winning a few grade 1's before he lines up, if we are to believe 3 years of "cotton wool" stories he should have plenty of decent runs left in him. What about the Grand National ?
    6. Minella Indo - Likely to go here and presuming with Rachael on board has all the ability (Monalee could be the fly in this ointment after a strong run this year) - meh... I think 14's is tight enough all things considered?
    Finally, for one at a huge price, if the rain comes, Native River still has the class and the dourness to be in the picture. I doubt he makes it, he will be 11 , too old imo

ABP an obvious and correct fav, and of the above if I had to pick 3 to really take him on with I would pick, in order
    1. Minella Indo
    2.TOTG
    3. Santini

Are you not giving Allaho another chance? 25's is juicy enough considered all the talk from last year, or was that more pre Cheltenham waffle from the Closutton massive?:P

To be honest I thought Mark Walsh gave Delta Work a shocker last year 25's will look big if he runs to his mark last year, he has won 5 grade 1's and a Pertemps final, his run was too bad to be true. Wasn't Jack Kennedy injured? I would rather follow him for the season.

I am keeping my eye on the Rasher Counter this season also. I reckon Emma Lavelle will have a nice plot for him, it could be a handicap at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Earendil wrote: »
    Will be sh!te next year. Poxy virus.

Once we have the winners it'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Once we have the winners it'll do!

50 quid for the winner of the Gold Cup!

• Advertisement

God it feels good to be talking jumps lads!
    I will watch the arc, but i couldn't really give a shi*e tbh
    Roll on Chepstow

Anyone see anything to oppose Shishkin in the Arkle?
    Darver Star perhaps?

Advertisement