Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2020, 12:00   #46
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning_Stroke View Post

I'm giving away a sh!t load to charity straight away.
I don't really get the "give a load to charity" thing. Giving a load of money to charity would be a long way down my list of things to do with a lotto win, especially the majority of established charities.

If I were going to give away some of the money I'd be more inclined to help the local area like funding an extension on the local school or improving facilities for local sports clubs. This would only be after having established some sort of a "front" business though as the reason for having made money rather than it having been a lotto win.

I agree on keeping it all very quiet though.

Last edited by nox001; 07-02-2020 at 12:04.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 12:04   #47
TheBlock

50% me an the Wife...50% to Immediate family of us both.

That's the signed syndicate agreement we have always had your honor no tax liable...
07-02-2020, 12:06   #48
SEPT 23 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysopprano View Post
Anything over €32,500 to siblings, and €16,250 to other relatives is taxed at 33%. Capital Acquisitions/Inheritence Tax

Any payments of mortgages, loans etc WHEN found out, treated the same.

So basically, if person not named on the ticket, and you give them anything, they lose 1/3 of it to tax.

Not a big deal when jackpot is €130,000000 but worth thinking about for smaller Irish lotto jackpot.
anyone close to me would have new addresses in the Cayman Islands
07-02-2020, 12:07   #49
banie01

An even colder shoulder...
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 12:16   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
I don't really get the "give a load to charity" thing. Giving a load of money to charity would be a long way down my list of things to do with a lotto win, especially the majority of established charities.
I believe in paying it forward. I agree with you about established charities though, it wouldn't be a freebie for all the bad ones, it's a very select list and do stuff like you mentioned e,g, local sports.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 12:20   #51
JohnnyFlash

I’d sort everyone out except my absolute hell-beast of an ex wife.
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 12:22   #52
TheBlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
I’d sort everyone out except my absolute hell-beast of an ex wife.
Is that why she left you? Cause you couldn't sort her out?
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 12:22   #53
Irishphotodesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post
Bizarre. You should be billing them for the cost of the tickets. If one of them won, do you expect to be in an even split syndicate you never even heard about?
It's not an even split, myself and my wife get 1 portion each so as a family we get twice what the other families get.... I think we could survive with approx 26million.
07-02-2020, 12:25   #54
JohnnyFlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlock View Post
Is that why she left you? Cause you couldn't sort her out?
Nah, pal, I had an affair with your auld one.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2020, 12:29   #55
Turquoise Hexagon Sun

On a 130 million:

15 million to my parents to retire and do what they want. I would encourage them to spend it and not save any of it. Just have fun.
15 million to my OH's familly. She can decide how that's devided.
10 million to my sibling.
50 million to the bank to be untouched for 15 years.
That's 90 million so far.

With the remaing lot, I'd build a house. A really unique one with an unusual layout. It doesn't have to be massive and would be cost-effective should I lose my money. Basically, I would set 5million aside for emergency house maintance. I'll try not to touch it but only as a last resort. I'd build a home recording studio, pool, gym and entertainment room complete with retro arcade machines and home cinema - but not one of those where everyone is sitting miles apart from each other.

I'll have to buy a nice sports car as well as a more "low-key" luxury saloon car. Having nice land to spend time in the garden would be nice. A remote house would be great at the foot of some hills where it's scenic and not you could go hiking nearby.

With the remaining 20 milllion, I would travel the world, see Japan, China, Korea.

I've spent my lotto winnings many times in my head!
07-02-2020, 12:34   #56
TheBlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
Nah, pal, I had an affair with your auld one.
Necrophilia...Nice
Thanks from:
07-02-2020, 12:34   #57
nox001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquoise Hexagon Sun View Post
On a 130 million:

15 million to my parents to retire and do what they want. I would encourage them to spend it and not save any of it. Just have fun.
15 million to my OH's familly. She can decide how that's devided.
10 million to my sibling.
50 million to the bank to be untouched for 15 years.
That's 90 million so far.

With the remaing lot, I'd build a house. A really unique one with an unusual layout. It doesn't have to be massive and would be cost-effective should I lose my money. Basically, I would set 5million aside for emergency house maintance. I'll try not to touch it but only as a last resort. I'd build a home recording studio, pool, gym and entertainment room complete with retro arcade machines and home cinema - but not one of those where everyone is sitting miles apart from each other.

I'll have to buy a nice sports car as well as a more "low-key" luxury saloon car. Having nice land to spend time in the garden would be nice. A remote house would be great at the foot of some hills where it's scenic and not you could go hiking nearby.

With the remaining 20 milllion, I would travel the world, see Japan, China, Korea.

I've spent my lotto winnings many times in my head!
Most of the remaining 20 million would be going to revenue to cover the taxes on your tax inefficient way of splitting the win.
07-02-2020, 12:41   #58
Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
Most of the remaining 20 million would be going to revenue to cover the taxes on your tax inefficient way of splitting the win.
Fair enough Mr Pedantic, but I haven't actually won the lotto. When I'm having a good dream about winning the lotto, I'm not generally not dreaming about the visits to solicitors, filling out forms, how I'm going creatively pay as little tax as possible. It's bird-eye view fantasy.

You know like when I'm thinking about going on holiday, I'm generally not thinking about the queue at the airport or how I'm going to dry the moisture on my arsehole as I'm adjusting to the new tempratures. I'm generally thinking of enjoying the sights, having nice food and enjoying some drinks.

Each to their own though
07-02-2020, 12:48   #59
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Eyes View Post
What did all the previous winners of the Euromillions do? The only idiots we hear about are British imo.

Sorry to say it, but it's true, they sell their story to get more.

It is Europe wide don't forget, and many want to remain anonymous. And do. They have brains.
Yeah the British winners are telling all and sundry and I've no idea why. There have been winners in Spain and all over and I couldn't tell you a thing about them.

If I ever did a win( which I won't obviously) the only thing is would that much money get me a shot with Angelina Jolie ? If not than why bother.
07-02-2020, 12:50   #60
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlock View Post
50% me an the Wife...50% to Immediate family of us both.

That's the signed syndicate agreement we have always had your honor no tax liable...
"That's FACTS your honour."

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion