Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

Autosport wrote: »
    I may have just spat out my water :D

Good one Princess :D

This thread is getting nasty!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This thread is getting nasty!

:D

Nah just posters getting old :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

:D:D you calling me old?!?

Oops :D

You're a good decade younger than me ...but ya know if the shoe fits :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In my chair watching TV. Had a very busy, productive day work-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Bad news Purple Mountain, it was a different guard today. Looked like he was only outta templemore.. bout 22. Wasn't sure if you'd be into the younger lads or not so I held onto your number!

Yea, I've not gone cougar yet. I like the older gentleman, uniform a bonus :)

In my news, I was in my local town doing my grocery shopping. Driving town a street (in the dark), an egg was hurled at my roof. My first ever time getting egged, I thought it was an urban myth. It came out of a hedge, the little feral runts were under the cover of the trees. I stood on the horn, hope I frightened the scuts.
    I was thinking if it had been someone else who got a fright (I kept my calm for some reason), they could easily have gone across the road into another car and that made me really mad.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Whats happening for the Halloween weekend then..
    Thinking pumpkin carving at this stage myself

We're all dressing up and going to Cork to scare Seph.

We just need to work out the logistics of evading checkpoints and Garda members who look like they've just made their confirmation, although at the moment it looks like Purple Mountain will make men of them.

Bring your carved pumpkins if you're joining us and don't tell Seph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,275 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

We're all dressing up and going to Cork to scare Seph.

We just need to work out the logistics of evading checkpoints and Garda members who look like they've just made their confirmation, although at the moment it looks like Purple Mountain will make men of them.

Bring your carved pumpkins if you're joining us and don't tell Seph.

There's not a pumpkin to be got my dear!
    My boy is looking for one and I've tried 3 supermarkets for him but no joy!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There's not a pumpkin to be got my dear!
    My boy is looking for one and I've tried 3 supermarkets for him but no joy!

That's Irishlad's job. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meow the gloves are off in here tonight!
    Autosport wrote: »
    I may have just spat out my water :D

Good one Princess :D

I see we have troublemaker here, first it was blaming me for the windy weather saying I ate too many Onions :eek: and now this! auto behave yourself !

:pac: :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You know your getting old when you are bending down to get/do something & think is there anything else I can do while I'm down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You know your getting old when you are bending down to get/do something & think is there anything else I can do while I'm down here.

Or when you go upstairs to get something and pop in for a wee while you're up there.

I'm refraining from making the obvious joke. It's not easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

And you can't do that at all with making an unseemly grunting noise which for some unfathomable reason is essential to bending/crouching (No guffaws please. Buile, I'm looking at you.)

I'm having a tough day. Really feeling blue. I'm gonna be blatant and ask for hugs.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    And you can't do that at all with making an unseemly grunting noise which for some unfathomable reason is essential to bending/crouching (No guffaws please. Buile, I'm looking at you.)

I'm having a tough day. Really feeling blue. I'm gonna be blatant and ask for hugs.

Ah :(

I hug you.

Haha why do I get singled out?! :D Ah no sure I have arthritis , grunting and grumbling par for the course over here! ;)

Hugs Sardi. Sorry you're having a tough day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mega boobly huggles for Sardi

Haha why do I get singled out?! :D Ah no sure I have arthritis , grunting and grumbling par for the course over here! ;)

Hugs Sardi. Sorry you're having a tough day.

Do you Buile? It's a painful dose.

Thanks guys. It's greatly appreciated. Booby hugs back at you all.

An air fryer is basically a fan oven.

The mams birthday today, she is playing with her presents :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is there booby hugs being given out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thanks guys. It's greatly appreciated. Booby hugs back at you all.

Great big bear hug to you Sardi ((hug))

Heartbeat time :)

Seph I have no intention of behaving myself and you may lay off the onions ;):D

Do you Buile? It's a painful dose.

I sure do and it sure is. That's genetics for ya! :)

Is there booby hugs being given out?

Ah, come h'ere so for some squish.

And you are young as well. Apart from the daddy I know one other person afflicted and they are also young. Can you manage ok with it?

And you are young as well. Apart from the daddy I know one other person afflicted and they are also young. Can you manage ok with it?

Ah yeah I'm fine, I have my methods of dealing with it. It's just one of those things. Lots of it in the fam. My younger brother is much worse than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭3d4life

Great ! we can exchange pictures of our greatest flares :D ( I do RA )

3d4life wrote: »
    Great ! we can exchange pictures of our greatest flares :D ( I do RA )

I've heard of women being propositioned with photo swaps online, but I didn't think it would be like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭3d4life

I've heard of women being propositioned with photo swaps online, but I didn't think it would be like this!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Each to their own but I wouldn't recommend Martyrs. I watched it a few years back. I don't really like watching things that are too grim anymore but if you don't mind watching someone getting tortured then work away :D

Catching up on the thread here at the kitchen table and at the laptop.

Films, be they feature length or short. Be they well funded or micro budget. If they are grim in a reality sense, they are doomed no matter what market they get released in. People still enjoy fantasy horror despite some of the ground breaking films being frowned upon and banned 40 odd years ago. Things have changed enormously yet they haven't changed because certain subject matter is still not accepted on screen. Horror films are still routed in gore/ghosts and fantasy stories. Any attempt to address certain aspects of society in a "horror" sense are derided.

I made a short film 12 years ago that depicted a tragedy that was happening for years. The same tragedy is happening this week and last week. People will read about it, but do not want to see, as someone else said on the thread, "the visuals". I was frowned upon and verbally attacked at screenings for making it. Nobody was comfortable watching it. It didn't fit the narrative, yet it did. Finished me off in filmaking terms.

Just thought I'd share a little part of my life this evening re the earlier chat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

G just no one recognising your genius I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

G just no one recognising your genius I think.

Its far from genius Grem. The world in general is not ready for certain stuff on screen. I did what I did back then. I accept the criticism for content and our limited production values. But still very proud of it. If you are creative, you have to stand by it. Ms G paints and I always tell her even if you hate the painting. stand by it, realize why you hate it and tell the audience why. But art is art and starts in the deep down soul of your inner being.

G is getting his mojo back.:D

Go you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside but I think its time for a cupan tae and as gremlin would say "a packet of foncy crisps" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Watching shíte on tv when I should be in bed.

Deskside but I think its time for a cupan tae and as gremlin would say "a packet of foncy crisps" :pac:

Can I have some?

Can I have some?

I have some tesco ready salted if you like?. Super not foncy :p

I have some tesco ready salted if you like?. Super not foncy :p

Beats the grapes I'm snacking on now!

Can I have some?

Think fast, open your mouth :-P

*fires a few bistro crisps over*

Beats the grapes I'm snacking on now!

Ooh little trade?

• Advertisement

Think fast, open your mouth :-P

*fires a few bistro crisps over*

Ooh bistro! Fancy!

Edit: oh I mean foncy!

Ooh little trade?

Absolutely. Green or red?

Green please *hands over some crisps*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

smurfjed wrote: »
    Bedtime, after a night of avoiding bomb carrying UAV’s and watching man made brush fires. Never a dull moment.

Wow, sounds scary!

Can I have a few red ones please?

Green please *hands over some crisps*

Hands em over.

Unless.. I wasn't meant to feed them to you was I? Like your some kind of greek goddess?

• Advertisement

Can I have a few red ones please?

Oops all outta red now!

Oops all outta red now!

Hmm convenient......

Hands em over.

Unless.. I wasn't meant to feed them to you was I? Like your some kind of greek goddess?

Far, far, faaaar from a goddess :pac:

Far, far, faaaar from a goddess :pac:

Oh guess I don't need these giant palm fronds then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OK; cats fed. except Jacob who is off out gallivanting somewhere, ,.and his chicken portion awaits him when he condescends to howl and bang at the door.

My breakfast eaten....

Cat tray dealt with...

And the day is mine, until the shopping arrives around 3.30 pm. So kind of the gales to take the day off so the ferry can make the crossing !

A wide choice of delectable activities ahead! Like sleeping.. Yawn! Yes that sounds very good..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement